(1112) Christmas: Ricardo and Toby

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

A glimmer to her eyes, “I’ll never understand people being afraid of trying new things. The way I see, we only live once, so we might as well have fun and try new things! Where is the fun in not taking risks?” but for an Acanthus, fate always seemed to smile on the risk takers, the greater the risk, the greater the reward.

When he asks about her travels, she takes a moment to reflect on her time traveling, “So many places! Though never staying in a location long, I was in Riviera Maya, Tulum, even on The Island of Cozumel, to name a few.” Her smile widens, “Where in Mexico are you from? It is a beautiful Country, and I do hope to travel back soon, everyone was so friendly, and there seems to be so much to see.” She only got to spend time on the beach looking pretty, and she wanted to see the country though Awakened eyes this time.

While her Spanish was not that good, she did know some, after all, as a doctor, she saw people from different cultures daily, smiling, “Encantados de conocerte!” (pleased to meet you.) She hoped she had it right, most of the patients she saw were not having a very good day, but fortune favors the bold, and she was a carefree soul anyways.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

E
    Ebon Reaper

"You are right, we do only live once." And some of us are already dead. "But yes, embracing life is a very good philosophy."

"I am from Mexicali. It's a city on the border with the United States." He smiles at the bit about Mexico being a beautiful country and her compliments about it. "Why yes I think so, but I am also glad that some people from the United States agree. However, many of those places are much nicer than my hometown. It is mostly an industrial city."

He enjoyed her speaking in Spanish. Not only had she said it correctly, but her word choice implied strong emotion and she used the familiar tense. He replied in kind, "Te adula mi, senora. No haya mucha gente aqui que hablar tan bella como tu." "You flatter me, ma'am. Not a lot of people here to speak about as beautifully as you." He hoped that wasn't going to far.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

“My experience has taught me that every place is beautiful, you just need to know where to look.” Her hometown was small and nothing special, “I’m from a very small town in Virginia, one of those you could blink and drive through it!” her laugh soft and light, “But, if one stops, and really looks, you will find things that make the town special and beautiful in its own way. So I am going to remember the name of your hometown and when I visit Mexico again, I will make a point to visit it!” her voice upbeat, “Though you will need to tell me the best place to eat, a place with local cuisine I hope.” The idea made her happy, she liked to experience new places, it made life interesting.

She was clearly pleased by his words, “¡Gracias! Es una hermosa lengua. En mi línea de trabajo es importante poder hablar.” (Thank you! It is a beautiful language. In my line of work it is important to be able to speak it.) It was a welcome relief to just be Toby, no patients needing her,yet, and letting Fate decide her evening.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

E
    Ebon Reaper

She made a good point about finding beauty everywhere. Plus, if she was going to apply that to Ricardo's hometown he wasn't really going to argue with her. The problem was that it had been a while since he had eaten anything there. "There are many restaurants or a more tourist like nature. It take just a little more effort to try local cuisine. Near many of the factories, there are small restaurants that cater to the workers. I have found some of those to have the best food in town." He hadn't been one of those workers for a long time, but even as a Kindred it was sometimes nice to grab a bite for old times' sake. Plus, exhausted people were easy prey.

"De nada." (Literally: It was nothing. Figuratively: You're welcome.) He says dismissively. If only more people had her opinion of his native language. Maybe they would eventually. He did have eternity for the Kine's culture to change. "?Que tipo de trabajo haces?" (What kind of work do you do?) He asked curiously. With all her traveling and how good she looked he was thinking something along the lines of travel agent.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, sometimes all you need is a little effort, and luck to find what you are looking for. I think the smaller restaurants, the more mom and pop type, tend to have the best food!” some of her favorite restaurants back home were small and served the best home cooking.

“Soy médico, trabajo en uno de los hospitales locales.” (I'm a doctor, I work for one of the local hospitals.) She wondered if he would be like most people and be surprised she was a doctor. She had come across a few people who actually thought she was lying when she told them what she did, which was getting old. “What about you? What do you do for a living?”

E
    Ebon Reaper

-1 Vitae to consume food and drink.

"I could not agree more." He forced the blood into his stomach and took a drink for show. It wasn't quite worth it to use more to obs orb the alcohol, especially when he could find a nice drink later. "Are there any restaurants like that around here that you would recommend?" He could go for a snack.

Being Kindred, Ricardo had seen a lot of 'people' do jobs they didn't look like they could do. Since most of them did those jobs very well and got quite offended if he said anything, he had learned not to look surprised and to keep his mouth shut. "Yo fue un trabajador, pero hoy soy gerente." That was, strangely enough, completely true.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

She frowns slightly, “I haven’t been in town long, and my time off has been rare. So I haven’t had a chance to find a good restaurant.” She shrugs with a smile. The Acanthus had since learned to go with flow, trusting in Fate to lead her where she needed to go. And if she really desired time away from work, well, there were ways to help that along. But Fate can be fickle, and she had also learned not to rush it or test it for something trivial. “I’m hoping once things get settled I will be able to explore the city more. How long have you been in Sacramento?”

It was a relief when he didn’t question her line of work, not that she got it as much out here as she did back home. “Are you a manager where you used to work?” she was never good at managing herself, let alone others, so she had a respect for those who could.

E
    Ebon Reaper

When she frowns, Ricardo wonders what he said wrong."I have been in Sacramento for about a few months now." Had it really been that long? Sometimes it felt like he had just crawled out of his box last night. "It did take a while to get settled, but things are finally coming together."

Did she misinterpret what he said, or was she asking about his old job? Either way, Ricardo follows her switch back to English. "Yes, I was a manager at my factory. Now that I moved here, I am a deputy manager at an office." Well, that was only true if you stretched the definition of office.

In an effort to change the topic, Ricardo asked "So, do you follow any sports?"

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

“So you have been here a little bit longer then I have, so maybe I should be asking you about any interesting restaurants or night clubs." she says with a wink and a glimmer to her eyes. "I am glad things are coming together! It seems like everytime I think I have the night off I get called in and things get put off again.” She shakes her head as she smiles, “I haven’t even had the chance to fully unpack."

Her face brightens, “How wonderful! I am sure you are doing an amazing job!” he seemed like a people person, one who could get along with everyone, though she is sure there were those he intimidated as well.

“Sports? Well, I haven’t really watched any in a long time. Though I am into boxing and martial arts.” It had proven to be not only fun to watch, but a great way to stay in shape.

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo nodded at her statements about being here longer. Initially, he is a bit embarrassed the he was mostly frequenting sports bars. He lowers his voice a little. "As a bonus, I was given a VIP card to the Asylum. However, I haven't gone there yet." That should be more than enough mention of work, he decided. Maybe he would even come off as a businessman.

Toby gets an appraising look when she tell him she is a fighter. Not for her obvious good looks but for stance, posture and just if she holds herself like a fighter. "I always like a good sparing match. Those really get the blood pumping." Most of his fights were a little less friendly than sparing matches, and hence why he burned a lot of blood.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread