Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Ghost Gears: Cruising for cars

Jennifer Hazelton

Those wishing to track down the car owners would have to start with some initial research and fancy footwork. Where did they intend to begin?

I
    Irina

Harlowe could have tried to work some magic on the computer - unlikely, or hang around while her newfound partner tried something. But really, she just wanted to get out of that damned parking lot, away from the creepy car of ghostly creepiness, and fucking do something. With that in mind she pulled out her cell phone.

"I know someone who can make this go a damned bit faster," she murmured, as she punched in the familiar number of Donahue. They went way back and they'd done each other a few necessary favours in the past, some of greater importance than others. They had each other's back, and more importantly at this stage, Donahue had access to someone she didn't.

A small smile tugged at her lips when she heard his personalised voicemail. His gruff voice was a much-needed familiarity when she was wound tight as a coil. "Hey, D. I need your help with a little somethin'..."

She listed the information he'd need to get the job done, like the names, car registration and the like and hung up. Now she just needed to wait.

Jennifer Hazelton

After twenty minutes, Sara's phone rings. It's Donahue.

"Bristol did her magic," He says to you. "- get a pen."

Sara makes a few notations and finds herself with a list of three names, addresses and phone numbers. They all are for local addressees and area codes.

I
    Irina

Harlowe smiled warmly into the phone, although he wouldn't be able to see her expression of course. The same note of familiaritity was readily apparent in her drawl. "I really owe y'one, D. Don't be a stranger."

She slipped the phone back into her pocket and peered at the unfamiliar names.

"Alright. Now t'find out who happened to buy killer cars," Harlowe muttered, the good humour of seconds ago rapidly dissipating into the professional demeanour she was usually known for.

Harlowe left several minutes later, and felt a certain amount of relief the more distance she created between her and the lot. She had what she needed, now all that was left was a bit of legwork and updating the others.