Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Spiral V

Page 5 of 25 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
    m
    mourge40k

Marion shrugged at Daysha's look. "Nah, cars aren't really my thing. Besides, just got back from the Academy a couple of weeks ago. And no worries about the 'keep it a secret' thing. Last thing I think we all need is everyone thinking we've gone crazy."

Marion tensed up some at April's question about what he had seen. He walked over to the board and looked at it for a while, happily letting Gregory explain his past first before answering. "I... I'm still not sure. I don't think I can even begin to describe what it looked like beyond that smile." He shook his head some, as if he was trying to clear his thoughts. "But I'll never forget that damn smile. Have you ever seen one of those smiles that just seem... I dunno, forced? The kind that doesn't show any sign of happiness? ... Hell, I don't think that still describes it well enough..." Marion paused for a while, taking another drink from his beer just to do something other than think. "It was like a look a person would make seeing his favorite meal come along, free of charge. ... A full-on, jagged-toothed, ear-to-ear grin."

He stared off into space for a while before shaking his head Hell, it's been two years now, and I haven't seen hide or hair about the supernatural since then. But whatever that thing was, it was more than enough to convince me that I needed to do something to strike out against it."

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Oh Derevko is a fun guy.” Daysha remarked to Nicole dryly. If you call scraping sandpaper over your skin fun.

Her eyes moved to Greg as he mentioned a little of his past. “So Greg, your parents were hunters as well?”

Daysha looked at the Smith guy wondering if he lied, or just didn’t want some shit to get out. It wouldn’t surprise her if the FBI had been covering shit up, hell she was familiar with cover ups. “What? We aren’t crazy?” She said with dry sarcasm. “Aren’t we crazy for going after this shit? Hell, humans are difficult as it is. Throw a vampire or a slug or some other shit in the mix… tell me THAT’s not crazy.” She crooked a smile at Smith. “So stick around Smith, the fun is about to begin.”

Oh yes Smith, I’ve seen a smile that looks forced without happiness. Have you met my mother?

April seems to relax a bit as the Old Man goes elsewhere. She blushes for a brief moment as Lynx makes a comment about her smile.

"Thanks."

She takes a sip from her drink.

"It sounds like you were ambitious enough to pursue a career at least." April offers him a friendly smile. "That's more than what your average joe tends to accomplish nowadays." She pauses as she takes another drink, nearly finishing the contents of her glass.

"As weird as it may sound, I'm pursuing a degree in Paranormal Studies. It's sort of an experimental thing."

Now let's see how he reacts to that...

Lynx's eyes go a little wide at April's mention of the paranormal. He rubs his chin thoughtfully as he considers what that could mean. "Paranormal, eh?" He wanted to ask why she needed a masters for something like that, but then if they've already sold you on the paranormal then they could milk a few more years of tuition out of you easily enough. He wasn't sure what his stance was on the whole paranormal thing, but he was sure he didn't know much about it to weigh in on it.

"Why don't you tell me a little about what that means," he asked hopefully. "I can't say I know much about it personally." Though he'd have to order another drink when the Old Man came back.

Hmm, he seems interested...and hasn't called crazy yet. That's a first!

April smiles at him. "Well, it's a degree that involves the study of paranormal phenomena through the lens of different disciplines." She pauses for a moment as she finishes the last few drops of her vodka. "It's basically consists on taking a more scientific approach to study certain unexplained phenomena."

She pauses for a moment to study the man's body language.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-05 12:29:53 April Davenport rolls 5 to Wits + Empathy to gauge Lynx's reaction to her words (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 1, 10, 9 2 successes

"You know what I'm talking about when I say paranormal, right?" She quirks an eyebrow at him, giving him a slightly devious grin. "Ghosts, UFOs, that sort of stuff. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but is something that has peeked my interest for a little while."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-05 13:16:41 Lynx rolls 5 to conceal his skepticism [Wits + Subterfuge] (10 Again) 5, 7, 3, 4, 1 failure
    Trying not to be rude, Lynx wasn't completely letting on that he thought Miss April might be a bit naive to buy into such implausible notions. Unfortunately after having some alcohol swimming in his system he couldn't help but show a bit of cynicism in his expression.

"Don't get me wrong," he said quickly, "I'm not one to denounce scientific research in any field of study. But aren't there better explanations for things like that? I don't mean swamp gas or anything cockamamie, it's just that I'm a guy who depends on evidence to push an investigation. And you just can't get evidence for that sort of thing...can you?" He sounded a little embarrassed since this was unfamiliar territory. There was plenty of weird things in the world already without bringing UFO's and Ghosts into the mix.

So it was too good to be true after all. He seems a bit skeptical about the whole thing...

April chuckles and shrugs casually.

“Well, that’s why I signed up in the first place; to see how much of it is true and how much of it isn’t.” She glances around the bar to see if anyone is listening in to their conversation. “You are right about the whole evidence thing actually. When dealing with this sort of phenomena, it's difficult to gather hard evidence, so I’m hoping some of the courses I’m taking will address that sort of thing.”

She looks down at her glass, realizing that she is need of a refill.

“How about you? What sort of work do you do for the government? Or is it the type of work you can’t really tell me about?” She offers him a playful wink, expecting that he will not say much about his work.

Jennifer Hazelton

"I wouldn't mind talking to the other side of the spectrum. I'm used to being the lone person advising *not posting *every thing* to the internet." Nicole grinned.

"A smile?" Nicole's smile faded as she glanced to Jack.

"I've never met anything like that. The last thing I went after... was Faceless. " Her tone was somber. "It looked like a person; but it had this terrible blank where its face should be. No eyes...or mouth... and it seemed to make other people just like it.

Nicole shook her head. "It made you feel funny inside just looking at it."

R
    RobbyL9

Gregory nodded at Daysha "Oh yes, detective. Both of my parents were and still are life-long order initiates." he told her, making spirals with his index fingers as he went into detail "I can remember as a child my dad and mom leaving home, mostly for a couple days, but sometimes weeks at a time. Then one time they disappeared for a whole month and they went together, which they never did. They still wont tell me what that trip was about, but I remember them looking incredibly tired when they came home."

Gregory turned his head slightly in the middle of his explanation to Daysha when he heard Nicole talking about something being faceless. After finishing he got Nicole's attention. "Pardon me, detective. Excuse me, Nicole. This faceless creature... was it related to that case on the board? The one about the woman seeing people wearing her face?" Greg looked inquisitively down at the floor for a second "Because I feel like that's something I ought to know. I can't seem to remember if I found a book or it was just a movie that I saw. It's sometimes hard to keep track." He shrugged.

Suddenly, Gregory was looking very forward to his next library visit. He finally had something to focus his attention on rather than blanketing the spectrum and doing his best to memorize stuff.

L
    Lorique

Rafe parks his Dodge Durango near the Spiral, and checks his watch. He sighs and gets out of the car, locking it as he walks across the road to the bar and enters.

Rafe

He looks around the bar unimpressed and seemingly not really sure he's in the right place, but regardless he moves to the bar and takes a stool. He looks around for the bartender and orders a dark beer, while taking out his wallet, assuming he needs to show his ID. He puts it on the bar while waiting for the beer, and idly scratches at a barely healed scar on the left side of his neck. The scar looks like the bitemark from a wild animal, but those initiated would recognize it for what it is. The tell tale sign of a vampires feeding attempts, and it doesn't look to have been gentle.

Page 5 of 25 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last