Ended
Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
Spiral V

Page 12 of 25 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko sighed internally, as he spotted his new partner and some girl with the Old Man, and moved over. Not out of protectiveness. He just supposed that if people from work were going to be coming down here, he'd better do the sociable thing and say hi. Or at least, make sure they didn't get shot.

"Hi, Jaeger. Shitty place to bring your date," he noted.

April takes another drag and blows out a smoke ring as she watches Lynx take down his drink.

"I guess you needed that drink as much as I did, huh?" She lets out a brief chuckle before taking another drag. "Things got a bit tense back there."

She lets out a small cloud of smoke and takes another sip from her own drink, before offering Lynx a friendly smile. "Thanks for the drink by the way. So back to my studies, huh?" The girl winks playfully at him.

April was not one to forget things; actually she was capable of remembering even the smallest details that the average person couldn't. Thus, she remembers that she had been asking Lynx about his work, but figures that he probably can't say much about it or isn't in the mood to talk about it...so why force the issue?

"Well most of the methods rely on careful research and pseudoscience to be perfectly honest." She takes another drag and blows out another smoke ring. "Most of the time we rely on witness testimony when starting up an investigation, but I'm sure you know that from your own line of work. So, we usually have to test the validity of what people claim to have seen or experienced. She takes a brief pause. "In order to do this we tend to do a psychological evaluation of the witness, just to make sure we aren't dealing with one of the 'crazies' as you said."

Bandit continues to sip his beer as he glances between those participating in the conversation within ear shot. Well, that was rather rude of Jaeger. Although, they do look like a couple don't they? He muses to himself as he pushes himself from the bar to move a bit closer to those grouped together, he stops and puts his beer on the counter so he can write something on his pad of paper.

Bandit flashes the note pad, which reads, Hello, people called me Bandit. I am a mute and I don't suppose any of you know Sign Language? He simple holds it up and waits for a reply.

Lynx borrows April's lighter again and lights up another for himself, drawing in deeply and idly puffing away as he responds, "Yeah, sounds very familiar actually. So you're like a intergalactic spiritual detective. Except the chances of you solving a case and getting hard evidence is astronomica..." he stops short as Derevko wanders over to them.

"Derevko! Oh, heh heh, fancy seeing you here..." Lynx stands automatically, forgetting that his partner wasn't really his senior officer, yet still left the impression that he was. "Oh, right, April, this is my partner, Derevko," Had he ever heard his first name? "And this is April," he gestured, putting his hand lightly on her shoulder. He wasn't about to argue against the chance that that's just what it looked like. "Do you frequent this place much?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Diane glanced over at the group of people who were meeting up and beginning to converse. She notes the man she had noticed earlier approach them and show them a notepad.

She angles her head; trying to read what it says. She raises her head to hip; giving Bandit RockBane a small wave with the hand that wasn't holding her beer.

Bandit notices and moves the note pad towards the woman who waved. He watches as she reads what he wrote.

April overhears the words of the man with the European accent ( LykasWolfskin ) and glances over at him, offering him a friendly smile.

Hmm, maybe a bit pretentious...but he's cute.

She turns her attention back to Lynx and laughs at his comment. "I wouldn't exactly put it like that, but I guess you've got a point." Her cheeks turn bright red as the scarred man approaches them and calls her Lynx's date. However, she forces a smile on her face as Lynx introduces him as his partner. "Nice to meet you...Mr. Derevko."

Before she can say anything else she notices another man slide closer to them. April studies this peculiar newcomer for a moment and reads over what he has written on his notepad. "Sorry hun, I only know two other languages besides English, and unfortunately ASL is not one of them. But maybe one of them does." She gestures to Lynx and Derevko as she turns back to ask if either one of them may know sign language. "Do either one of you..." but she stops mid-sentence as she notices the mute guy turn his attention to the only other female sitting by the bar.

"Nevermind. I think he may have found someone who does." She smiles, pleased to see that the newcomer may have found someone that may be easier to communicate with. "So Mr. Derevko, you and Lynx are partners in crime, huh?" She offers the man a playful wink as she lets out a brief chuckle.

K
    Kazakin

"Yup. I like a dive. Reminds me of home," Derevko drawled, lighting a fresh cigarette with his free hand. He didn't stop Lynx from standing, because spending eight minutes explaining department politics was weird enough without a civvie on hand- and it was pretty fucked up to interfere with someone's date by making them look a bit overeager. "Don't worry about the fucker who just got kicked out, though. The fuckwit tried to cheat at poker- nickel stakes, for fuck's sake. The Old Man pitched him out on his ass and told him if he ever came back, he'd shoot him." Derevko seemed perfectly okay with the idea of the Old Man shooting someone for invading his bar.

'Course, Derevko was very much the short, sharp fist of the law. He shuddered when April called him Mister.

"Just Derevko," he corrected, with a grimace. "People only call me Mr. Derevko when they're cross-examining me. And yeah... Jaeger and I are partners. Department of Homeland Security, so I guess technically that's 'Agent Derevko'." He scowled, making the deep, tracked scars on his face twitch.

"Nice to meet you too, though, April."

Well, this is going well. Socializing, no one's been headbutted.

Fuck, I must be losing my touch.

L
    Lykas

Andy takes a small piece of paper and a pen.
    He wrote
    " If you are in trouble or do you need other help, just call me: 555-5122011
    in friendship officer Andreas White Sacramento Police Department"

He stands up, walks to April and gives her the paper. Without waiting for a reaktion he moves to the toillet.

Jennifer Hazelton

"No, I don't know Sign Language." Diane replies to Bandit after she reads the note.

"Hello, Bandit. My name's Diane." She glanced over towards Derevko as he explained why Jacque had been kicked out of the bar. She glances at Derevko; but looks back towards Bandit.

"Have you lived here long?" Diane asks Bandit; looking towards his eyes. "I was born and raised her; myself. Sophomore at the college."

Page 12 of 25 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... Last