Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Trust me

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Anubis

Cal pauses his sketching long enough to say, "Um...pretty much what she said, though she said it a lot better than I could have." Cal smirks a little, and goes back to darkening some lines on the shapes.

I
    Irina

"And do you believe you have the sort of open mind necessary to determine fact from fiction? Do you really want to find out the Truth?" Professor Abnett drawled. He moved around the desk and perched on the end of it as he regarded his class. There is a small sense that he may be pulling their legs slightly and putting the mystery on for effect.

He was usually quite a languid sort of man though - perhaps he was just in a strange mood.

April listens to the professor with interest, as she is filled with excitement by his words. She tries to fight back the urge to answer his questions, thinking that he must have intended for them to be rhetorical. However, her attempts to fight back this urge fail as she speaks up in response.

"Yes! On both accounts."

April begins to blush as she quickly realizes that no one else has said anything, and that she should've kept her mouth shut instead.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to interrupt. Please, go on Dr. Abnett." She offers him an apologetic look to go along with a simple bow.

That was stupid! From now on, learn to keep your mouth shut!

A
    Anubis

Cal lays down his pencil when April speaks up. Have to pay more attention now. If Abnett's eyes wander over Cal they'll see him nodding and leaning forward waiting for Abnett to continue.

I
    Irina

Professor's Abnett's thin lips may have quirked into the tiniest of smirks as he noted April's enthusiasm, but perhaps he was just trying to sniff back a sneeze. It was difficult to tell with Professor Abnett sometimes. "How keen," he observed simply.

His gaze scanned the room, noting a few snickers at said enthusiasm. "In order to see if that same attitude might leech into anyone else here, I have a fun excursion planned."

Professor Abnett paused, quite possibly for effect.

"A ghost hunt, in fact."

April blushes a bit as she hears some of the other students snickering.

Ahh, what the heck! Let them laugh if they want, they are probably here just for an easy A anyways...

However, her eyes widen and a big grin forms across her face, as she is overcome with excitement at the idea of a ghost hunt. She glances over at Cal for a moment to observe how he reacts to the professor's idea. A ghost hunt was definitely an exciting way of starting out the semester as far as she was concerned.

"When will this excursion take place Dr. Abnett?"

A
    Anubis

Cal's eyes widen as he sits up a little straighter. We're actually gonna be doing something so soon!? Cal half raises his hand and asks, "Where will we be going?" soon after April asks her question. This is so cool!

I
    Irina

A couple of the other students bounce in their seats too - perhaps they hadn't read the prospectus to see that in this class there were field trips. Field trips which equal fun!

Professor Abnett nodded gently. "I had expected to see some enthusiasm," he remarked casually. His earlier irritation was being smoothed away in the face of excited students. His eyes fell upon April and Cal. "To give you time to prepare, this little excursion will take place in three days within the library. Naturally, it will take place at night. At 8pm on the dot. I doubt any of you will be sleeping, however bring sleeping bags just in case."

April writes a couple of things down in her notebook, even though she doesn't really need the reminders. It was better to at least give the appearance that she was taking notes. After all, she didn't want to give the impression that she wasn't paying attention.

A ghost hunt? This sounds so exciting! I can't wait to see what we find!

"Asides from sleeping bags, is there anything else we should bring along with us Dr. Abnett?"

A
    Anubis

Cal nods, Cool, and turns to a clean page starting a list ready to write anything else Abnett feels the students should bring. Before I forget. Cal writes at the top of the page when and where the ghost hunt is supposed to take place.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.