Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Bodies in the Basement

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Continued from
    Once More Unto the Breach, Dear Friends, Once More...

~~Narration~~

Teegan sees the room open into a cavernous space that drops down and levels out. An extremely rough set of stairs seem to be hewn into the stone, and she would guess the size to be 100M in diameter.

Her eyes are first drawn to the sources of light - sigils carved into the walls in a line around the cavern, glowing softly. They pulse with Resonance, and that same Resonance seems to waft downward...

...towards the center of the floor, where a pit is located. Teegan is reminded of pots on a stove, whose steam is captured by a downdraft ventilator. The pit is large, and dominates the floorspace, with perhaps a 2-3M walkway all around it.

Standing on the edge is a figure with a hoodie, and an oddly tilted head.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Teegan turns to the others and speaks extremely quietly but is sure to clearly state her words. "I can only see one, hooded, figure." She tells them adding, "I think its the one that got our skater friend." Thinking of Ollie's death reminded her of how badly she wanted out of this hellish situation. "What next guys?"

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

"Kill it?" Part question part statement.

PRE

Joshua comes close to the group, still watching behind them, and softly asks, "What is the light like in there? Are we going to have any trouble seeing?" By the question its pretty clear what Joshua thinks should be done: Go in and kill the son of a bitch.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

(( No light penalties ))
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Brutus does the best he can to ready his shotgun. "Joshua, I hope we come up with a plan before we charge in there." Hi tone carries both frustration and exhaustion. They needed a plan of attack that was more then 'just shoot it till it dies'.

PRE

"He sees us," Tug says as he stares down the figure, and he begins cracking his knuckles and continues to pop every major joint, just as he did before their sparring matches. With every moment that passes, his anger boils a little hotter. "He's waiting for us to come to him. This is a trap. See the sigils on the walls? Could be runes. I bet they're causing the magical interference; it might be really dangerous to cast down here. You guys remember the funeral, how bad the 'dox got even on covert stuff?" Finished cracking, Tug sets to stretching his arms and legs, and looking at his team-mates inquisitively. "Any thoughts?"

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx glares down into the room. His own system mimicking his brothers getting more pissed off looking at the thing that had probably killed their friend. That was also probably responsible for killing Bacchus. He wanted to kill it, hurl lightning and destroy. No had to stay calm, must stay calm. He manages to calm himself down enough that his anger doesn't show when he speaks. "It could be a trap...Have the people with guns all open up at once on the thing?"

PRE

"I know we need a plan," Joshua says to Brutus, sounding a bit put out at the idea that he was rash. "But at the same time, we got a zombie army of who knows how many that could literally just come down here and push us off that ledge there. So unless we move forward our options are rather limited.
    "And yes," the Sentinel says, turning to Tug, "It's a trap. It always seems to be," he mutters, mostly to himself. "Unless anyone has enough Prime to just wish away whatever it is those sigils are doing, we probably can't do anything about it. I may be able to affect them with Matter but I doubt it. And if it's harder to cast down here..." He shrugs. "Adaptability Is Strength. Do Not Have Preferences. There's a reason we all came armed.
    "I want Teegan and Falx ready to open fire on him. You too, Brutus, I want to hear that shotgun. In case that isn't enough we can keep him distracted so Orphan can gut him with that pig-sticker he's got. Tug, you stay back and do what you can to keep us alive. Let's make this quick enough that he doesn't get a chance to hurt us like he did Ollie."
    He looks around at the group. "Any questions? Let's keep it quick; if he knows we're here, we don't want to be bad company and keep our host waiting."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx nods and mentally releases the spells on the door and his knife. Then puts his knife away and awaits the signal.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread