Ended
Watch
201 - 210
DISPLAYED
(1109) Sanctuary

Page 21 of 22 First ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last

Idun

PRE

"It'll be a walk in clinic. Nothing overly fancy I'm afraid. I pulled a few strings to get some old lab equipment from a hospital in Arkansas. Most of which is as old as three years and some of which as old as eight." Idun answers. "I had some of it install on the second floor, the rest I'm leaving in storage. I might donate it at a later date to whoever needs what I have stored as it's unlikely I'll be able to make use of any of it."

She sips her coffee before answering the next question. "Well, I had left this private practice I had set up in a small town to come here as my mentor suggested that I should relocate here. I had only run it for about a year, which means that it's been about two years since I graduated the program." Idun adds thoughtfully, "I'm fairly sure my family would have preferred for me to have left California upon graduation or, at least, gotten a job at a prominent hospital instead of going at it on my own."

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was impressed by the steps Idun had taken, getting the equipment and having it installed. "I have to say, fancy or not, a walk in clinic is a valuable asset to any community." where she was from, there were not any walk in clinics until you reached Richmond, which was not very convenient, so she had always seen the value in those clinics, and thought there could never be too many.
    She can only smile hearing her talk of her family and what they preferred she do. She had gone through something similar with hers, though they were excited about her becoming a doctor, they were not thrilled with her choice of work to pay for school. "I think most parents want their kids to work at some big fancy hospital so they can drop names with their friends." she wonders what her family would think of her now, working at a big hospital, being Awakened, yeah, that would make for an interesting conversation. "Well, I think it a wonderful thing you are doing, and if I can offer any type of assistance, please let me know, I would be honored to help you. I think it takes a lot to walk your own path, and leave things up to Fate."
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

x
    xohgr

"A hunter!" Gideon exclaims to Vaeltia. He studies her face closely then as if a question has been answered, Gideon makes a respectful bow of his head to her. "I do hope, for my own sake, you never find reason to hunt me. Gideon says in a lite tone, his sincerity clearly heard.

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

Where do I walk? Wild-- Oh, Path. Thyrsus. Nice.

Deciding against the stance of the holier-than-thou prick with a comment about walking on holy ground, or busting out the Angel tat that wrapped around his torso in public, Ixidor simply plucks one of the necklace charms from his chest and gives it a little wave.
    "I'm not picky, but wherever I walk, I always remember my key." Suck it, James Bond.

Ix watches with interest as the other Mage tugs Tug away for duty, and expects him to follow. Which of course he does. Curiosity notwithstanding, to subtly order around an Arrow Sentinel meant that the guy was probably important, and Ix wasn't anxious to find out why the hard way. He's rewarded with the entertaining show of the hand signals, realizing that the Apprentice being referred to was a fellow Obrimos.

And a pretty fuckin' cute one, too.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne grins. "Ya sure, I can do that." Much more along her style, apprehension bleeds away rapidly. "I'll see what I can do getting hold of Rosh for her for starters." Blue eyes look around the room for any possible bad influences...none that Ariadne's aware of yet but who knows.

"I'll look out for her as well. I won't push any boundaries though, I don't want to intrude."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Thanks."

There's a second or two of silence, then West adds, "I'd appreciate that."

It's not a concession he's overly fond of making, but in the great scheme of things, it would tip the scales in her favor. Owing someone a favor for swanning his Apprentice around makes him want to go shoot something -- but he also realizes that he could just release the girl, or do it himself.

Ultimately, he'll just owe Ariadne one, and go shoot something.

"So. Yeah, ummm, thanks."

It was a clear effort to end the conversation, with all the social grace of a rock.
    Nimbus

Idun

PRE

"Oh, I have to agree on the fact that about there can ever be enough of them." Idun agrees before taking another sip of her coffee. She keeps her face from wincing at the mention of how proud Toby's family is to have a doctor in the family. Oh, my being a doctor isn't that big of a deal in my family. She thinks to herself, while politely nodding. She smiles at the empathize of Fate.

"I do purse Life rather ferociously in all its forms." Idun states with a wide grin. "I'm surprised you have the Time for coffee with your busy schedule."

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

“Oh, Sir, I assure you, you have not been made known to me in that way; you needn’t worry.” she flashed him xohgr a grin, only the hint of a predator showing in the toothy whit expanse. She then turned to look up at the large man who had suddenly appeared.

She rose quickly to face him Tug , a sign of slight respect. “Vaeltia.” she said in response. She prononunced it with a slow vay-II-shia “Or Veil-sha, if that works better for you.” The red of her button-down shifting to reveal more of the gold tank top that she wore, as she took the extended hand in a firm handshake.

She cocked her head to one side to notice the darker man Ixidor standing behind Tug. She smiled at him as well, her eyebrow raised in an arch, her hands held akimbo for a moment, as her white lower body revealed very little of her figure, but she could almost feel eyes on her. “Hello.”
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, "I only wish the medical field had more people willing to put forth the time and effort like you are." while she always wanted to be a doctor, she just couldn't find it in herself to do it, too much effort in her opinion.
    A sly smile appears on her face, "Well, one can always find Time when they know where and how to look. And I think it is always important to take the Time for yourself when you need it." and while she didn't mind being at work, she did need some time to herself.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

L
    LivingScarecrow

OOC: Closing the thread

Page 21 of 22 First ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last
Closed Thread