111 - 120
DISPLAYED
(1109) Sanctuary

Page 12 of 22 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last

Gnosis ••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

PRE

"Hey, thanks," Ix says to Qadesh with a nod. "I've been looking forward to settling somewhere for a while, now. The touring thing was wearing me out. Hard to build the right kind of trust among people when you're only in town for a few weeks. Sacramento seems pretty cool so far though, I like the location. You can be in some of the best locations on this side of the country in a day or two's drive." Depending on how reckless you are.

To Tug's question about gigs, he shrugs and takes a sip of his coffee.
    "I'm workin' on a few things. Nothing concrete, yet. I'm in no hurry. There are always things to do." Arcane things, hopefully.
    "I got a PhD in Bullshit, and a Masters in Procrastinology..."

Adrian "Ixidor" Isaacs
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Striking Looks •• (Eccentric)
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)

t
    tehcoon47

He stood across the street from Written in Water with his hand canted to one side, and a straw stuck in the oral port of his head. Slowly, he supped and sucked upon the cherry Brain Freezie; a confection of frozen water and flavoring that might have made him cringe, should he examine it closer than a passing glance. But sometimes the Lie could be sooooo goood....(at least, better than Mountain Dew Baja Blast)

"Mmmm..." he both pondered and tasted, eyeballing the whorls and whirls within the matrix'd designs of the building across the concrete pathways of the urbane jungles. He might have flicked on a Sight out of instinct, except where it read near the bottom of the side-most text: thou shalt not blast uberness. The sub-text made him chortle so hard he choked.

But curiosity often slew cats; and he imagined that this font of....stuff...might have a very large pile of cats hidden somewheres.

And so Bramble wandered into the store, losing his Cherry Brain Freezie out in a trash receptacle. With the last bits of artificial flavoring still swirling
    red between his tongue and teeth, he slinked almost like a small mammal past the greeters/employees with a distracted, if not vague smile and a nod. The smell of coffee distracted him momentarily; the dirty haxxor in him needing A FIX NOW! Adjusting his messenger bag, he meandered over to the counter, though standing back enough to let his head hang back and admire the tirade of choices a fore him. When his head tilted back, the little charms and chips tied up in his dreads chimed softly.

I
    IberianCastaway

"Hmm, you know no one has ever asked me that question before. I mean why does any person decided to join The Mysterium if not to learn and grow? Before I was Awakened I was, well, I guess you could of called me a scholar of sorts and so becoming a Mystagogue seemed obvious to me. I felt as if like it was my responsibility to do so-"

Sunny felt a fit of coughing coming on and quickly went for the cloth in his pocket. Despite his attempts to dissuade his body from doing so it proceeded to make him hack until he spat out bloodied phlegm onto his handkerchief. With disgust he folded the cloth and put in back into his pocket.

"Sorry... but enough about me and my failings. I'm interested in you Mr. Rex. I assume you do not follow the same order as I. And the way you talk of our relationship with Sleepers, it leads me to believe you find yourself at home with the The Silver Ladder, is that the incorrect assumption?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Despite the wink Tug gets blue eyes rolled at him though Ariadne smiles as she does. The position seeming to have not gone to his head...yet at least. Ariande focuses the majority of her attention on the two new mages. Tug's question being something she'd like to hear about.

"I can't imagine being like us and showing up in a town for a few days going over well with the locals."

Personally, she'd probably do the stal...watching herself.

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo pauses at the man's coughing. His brow furrows in concern as he sees blood. That is certainly not a good thing. Has this man not seen a Thyrsus already? he thought, You'd think that with the libraries of the Mystagogues, he'd surely come across something on Life magic...

He made an on-the-spot call to fastcast Healer's Trance, just to see what was wrong with the man.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-22 02:13:00 [02] Leo Rex rolls 3 to Gnosis+Life for Healer's Trance (10 Again) 1, 6, 9 1 success
    2011-11-22 02:13:00 [01] Leo Rex rolls 3 to Gnosis+Life for Healer's Trance (10 Again) 2, 6, 1 failure
    2011-11-22 02:03:09 Leo Rex rolls 6 to Gnosis+Life for Healer's Trance (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 3, 1, 8, 2, 9, 7 3 successes

Leo looked Sunny over for several seconds. He chose not to mention anything now, however. There was a time and place for that.

"Not in the slightest. I suppose I might make it a little obvious by playing to the stereotype." he chuckles, a mostly sincere grin returning to his face. "And since you are so interested in me, feel free to ask whatever you'd like. I find conversation with you absolutely riveting. It's also much better to get to know people in town, seeing as we're both new, of sorts."

Healer's Trance, 4 successes over 3 rounds. That will probably require an ST to determine if that's enough successes to see just what is wrong with Sunny, if anything is even wrong.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

yeah, though sunny notices you staring at him as you study him and also....

As you use magic you feel a spell flicker life near you, hear a polite cough next to your ear. "I will remind whom ever is casting in there." a polite British voice says. "That Casting with in the premises is off limits, even if the spell is covert. Please cease and desist or I will have to get rough with you. "

The voice, while sounding as though it has never utter the word "rough" before, sounds stern and no nonsense.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

I
    IberianCastaway

Sunny shifted uncomfortably, noticing Rex's leering. "With all due respect sir, I request you stop that. Believe me when I say there is nothing about me that would warrant any meaningful amount of your attention." He said in a calm but assertive manner.

He loosened up his body language. "What were we discussing again? Oh yes, about you. It seems like you're a bit more climatized to Sacramento than I, and have more up to date information on the situation around here. I've myself missed the latest gathering of Mystagogues so I've regulated myself to wander around this town like an idiot for a couple of days, till I found this place of course. What have you been up to? Anything of note?"

Healer's Trance

L
    LivingScarecrow

Leo leaned back and the spell fizzled out of existence when the information he wanted was gained.

"I've just been gaining the lay of the land. Exploring the city, getting to know it." he said. "I've also been studying on the spiritual aspect of the local indigenous population."

It was a roundabout way of saying it, but Leo trusted the man was bright enough to piece together that Leo had been looking into the Shadow of Sacramento.

O
    Ophidimancer

Qadesh pondered Tug's question for a moment before shrugging.

"No clue who owns this place, actually, but I bet he knows." he said, gesturing toward the old man at the register.

Turning toward Gideon Qadesh smiled a friendly smile and said, "It's been kinda interesting lately, so there's a bit to tell."

"Actually, Ariadne here is just the person to ask about current events, but I'm going to have to steal her for some official business. I'll give her right back, I promise."

Qadesh winked and drew Ariadne apart just long enough to murmur, "Hierarch Animus is appointing Pulp Noir as another Herald. He told me to let you both know and to arrange a meeting so you can catch him up on the duties of a Herald."

Kelreth

I
    IberianCastaway

"Ay, yes, there. The place of spirits and where the secrets that govern them remain a mystery only to be solved by those gifted in the Spirit Arcanum." He nodded, "Well it's apt."

Sunny leaned forward. He was genuinely interested in what the man had to say. "I've dappled a bit in such kinds of things. Though... no, perhaps not the exact same thing. Ghosts are more of my area of knowledge, their mentality is what I find so outstandingly interesting. You see they're neither here nor there, a collection of people so desperate to leave the twilight yet too terrified to move on. I know you study into the Shadow, but what do you make of the thought of an actual afterlife? Do you believe that there is something greater than what is presented to us, within the bounds of our preception?"

Page 12 of 22 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last
Closed Thread