Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Familiar Stranger) You Don't Have to Be Crazy to Visit, But...

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Good, then we have a plan.' Chris nods to both Josephine and Max. 'I'll create the connection as soon you walk away with the guard, so he won't see me...' ...doing my ritual.

With a questionable face he turns his head to Max. 'Can you follow Dr. Powell?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max nods at the question, smiling slightly.* I can certainly try. Give me, oh, three minutes before you head back to the front desk. If you don't see me, assume everything worked well. I'll follow close behind you when we're inside. *The thin Mekhet looks between Chris and Josephine.* You both ready?

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell nodded quickly to indicate that she understood, and waited the few minutes that Max had suggested before strolling back to the front desk. She smiled politely at Mr. Smith.

"There, I... hope I didn't keep you too long."

[i]And now... now for the fun part.[i/]

Sure, the good Doctor was there for business and not pleasure, but it would be quite interesting to explore the Asylum.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

A nod was enough to make clear he was ready. And as soon as the others move away Chris tries to find a place not too visible in plain sight. When Josephine starts to talk to Smith again the Acolyte takes his ritual knife from inside his jacket.

Goddess, grant me sight from within this... man.

Chris closes his left eye, and makes a soft cut in the lid. Then he opens it and repeats this ritual with his right eye. After this he uses both his hands to cover his ears.

Mother of All, let me hear what he hears.

Composure should be distracted
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-25 13:56:29 Chris rolls 10 to Man+Occ+Cruac to Cheval (ritual) (10 Again) 2, 5, 8, 2, 6, 6, 8, 9, 7, 9 4 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Hey! What the fuck is going on?" Harold demands, seeing Chris pull out a knife.

He ducked, slamming his hand on the 'Panic' button under the desk, and the harsh ring of metal resounds throughout the foyer as doors lock.

Chris Wooding's ritual is interrupted and does not complete.
    Max needs to make a Dexterity+Stealth-3 to get through the door before it closes and locks.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max quickly made his preparations, getting ready to follow Dr Powell, when all hell breaks lose. His eyes dart to Harold as he freaks out; Max quickly shifting to Plan B. He tries to slip in the door before it secures itself, pumping blood through dead veins to make his thin limbs just a little more limber.*

2 Suxx

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Paging J Powell and Chris Wooding before advancing tomorrow...
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Sorry, just didn't know what to do :S

Shocked as he is Chris almost drops the knife. That went wrong... the man wasn't supposed to see him.

He does a step back. Okay, now what? He takes his phone, starting to write a text message for Josphine and Max.

However, he stops after a couple of words. Dr. Powell was probably trying to explain the situation, and Max most certainly wouldn't be able to answer his phone right now.

That means... waiting?'

While putting the knife away he looks around. Anyone else outside here?

I
    Irina

The moment Harold exclaimed, Doctor Powell spun around in the direction of the door to see what had caused the abrupt change in demeanour. "What the-," she cut herself off mid-response, not being of the sort to swear.

Although she felt a sudden compulsion to do so.

Regardless, her vocal tone displayed a genuine surprise. The Haunt had no idea of how Crone magic was performed, but she hadn't thought part of it required blood-letting in sight of Kine. For the first time since entering the Aslyum, she could understand the damned guard's current attitude.

It was of little surprise to the doctor that he had set off the alarms, she would have done the same were their positions reversed. And damn, she felt a little dirty for being on the same thought process as the sleaze. Josephine took a small step back as the doors slammed shut and, with no idea of whether Max had made it inside, turned toward Harold.

"I have... no idea... what the Hell he was thinking," Doctor Powell responded truthfully.

At least Chris is on the sane side of the doors.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Harold mutters something, too low for Josephine to hear...
    ...but Max's Auspex enhanced ears can.

Turning, Josephine sees that Harold has drawn a collapsible baton.

"It's OK, Doc,"
    he says softly. The tongue appears again, sliding over his lips. "I'll take care of you."

Soft footfalls approach from around a corner hall.

Outside...

Chris does notice something odd.

The silence.

Not only are the grounds completely quiet, but aside from this front entry, they're dark.

Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread