Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
Searching for Maria Redux

Page 9 of 11 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
    I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque stared at the guy. He was trying to do the good thing, he really was, but shit, he wasn't leaving and he wasn't going to jail. Not again. He'd like to believe the kid, take his word, but he just couldn't trust him. Jacque slowly rested his right hand on his belt, keeping his left up. He spoke in a clear but assertive voice.

"Alright friendo, I just want you to know that you're in no position to bargain here, 'cause if I wanted to kill you I could do it before you'd have the chance to pick up that phone. 'Cause bullets travel faster than sound and to hear you need a frontal lobe, but you won't have one 'cause it'll just be soup, do you understand? So why don't you put your hands up and we can settle this like gentlemen?"

I
    Irina

Jacque, please roll Presence + Persuasion or Presence + Intimidation

I
    IberianCastaway

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-12-03 20:26:37 Jacque rolls 4 to Presence + Intimidation (10 Again) 9, 8, 7, 8 3 successes

I
    Irina

Jacque

The receptionist didn't move his hand for several seconds and he stared at Jacque with a what the fuck? expression on his face. He had seen the gun, and he didn't know whether or not this douchebag could or would use the weapon... was he willing to take that chance right now?

He wasn't entirely convinced, but Jacque's barrage of threats was enough to get the receptionist to drop his hand from the telephone. "What are you even gonna do?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"Thanks." Nicole replied, with a grateful smile. Checking Jacques message; she replies with a text
    Text

Nicole decides to follow anything Maria's mother brought up. She rose and moved into the kitchen with the other woman, gently reaching over and turning off the water.

Nicole moves around the kitchen; searching for three cups that she sets beside the stove.

"I hope you don't mind if my friend comes to visit with us? " She glances towards the other woman's face. "His name is Jacque. He's assisting me in looking for Maria."

She was pretty sure that Jacque wouldn't like that statement; but she didn't want Maria alarmed by Jacque's more unorthodox behavior.

"What does Maria like to do?" She asks casually, searching for any sort of tea tray in the cup board.
    "I was thinking if Maria attended church; I may find some of her friends there.."

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque kept his hand hovering over his pistol. His left hand wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead. "Okay." He said in an even tone, "First get away from that damn phone, come over here- closer to me."

He edged himself closer to the man, keeping a close eye on the guy in case he wanted to be a hero. "Slowly get out your wallet, and don't try anything. I don't wanna hurt you, but I was a solider, I was taught how to kill and not feel sorry for it."

His phone chimed in, someone had sent him a text. Jacque decided to ignore it for now.

I
    Irina

Nicole

Ana blinked in confusion for a moment before belatedly realising why exactly Nicole was turning off the water. "Oh..." she shook herself and reached for a dishcloth to dry her wet hands. "I must have gotten distracted," she responded apologetically.

She drifted from the room and pulled out a seat from the small, round dining table nearby. "Maria is a nice girl. She wouldn't get into any trouble, you know? My daughter kept to herself," Ana stressed.

Jacque

The receptionist did not look like he wanted to get close to Jacque in the slightest, but he slipped out of his seat and moved around the desk. He didn't want to get shot. "Listen man, I don't have my wallet with me while I'm working."

To stopped fucking bastards like you.

"What do you even think this shit is gonna accomplish?"

I
    IberianCastaway

If you'd brought your wallet, you'd have brought your ID. A little soomthing over with 'a know where you live' and 'I'll kill your entire fucking family' would of kept your mouth shut. Would I of actually gone through with those threats? No, but shit, at least I'd have your damn driver's license to give me a bit more credibility.

Jacque pulled down his jacket, making sure that this time his piece was covered. He tried to pull off an unimpressed look, like he was doing the guy a favor. "Alright... look here, I know your face, and I know where you work. If I even get a fucking hint that the police are coming after me I'll hunt you down and kill you. Understand?"

His eyes drifted towards the religious pamphlets still adorning the desk. Might as well try.

"Hey, and what with all this religious stuff around here, I thought this was a motel not a church?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"I know. Sometimes these things happen to nice people," Nicole frowned, hating that reality. "- it shouldn't be that way. I'm sorry that it is with Maria. I don't mean to be insensitive, Ana. "
    Nicole took a deep breath. She never liked this part; but she wouldn't do the daughter any good by sparing the mother's feelings; if it pertained to the trouble Maria was in.

"Maria came out here very recently and kept to herself; like you said. But why did she come out here so suddenly?"

I
    Irina

Jacque, please roll Perception

Nicole

Ana looked down at her hands as she laced her fingers, and let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know," she admitted softly. "Perhaps she wanted to get into the big city life?" she chewed her lip, her dark eyes reflecting clear regret.

Page 9 of 11 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last