Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
Searching for Maria Redux

Page 7 of 11 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
    I
    IberianCastaway

"Shit, you have to leave? Alright... alright be safe, okay?" He ran his hand through his hair. He cursed that he had just now realized that the people he worked with weren't in it all time like him. They had lives apart from the hunt, with jobs and families. He hated that weakness.

He moved closer to Miss Port, careful to keep his voice down. "What I mean is that I think our receptionist friend over there is leading us into a trap- or at least I don't think we'll be getting any easy answers tonight. Call me paranoid."

Suddenly Jacque face palmed, "Damn I just realized... Quinn had the car keys with her right?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"Then it might be best if we split up once he returns." She states quietly. "Once you hear where he wishes us to go; pretend to get a phone call or some such and wait here while I check out whatever room he sends me to. If I don't text you within five minutes, assume badness."
    She pauses.
    "Yeah; the keys to her car." She nodded. "We can call a cab when we're ready to go."

She was glad for the ease of transport in urban areas.

I
    IberianCastaway

"Okay, sounds like a plan. But if I don't hear from you... I just hope you know how to handle yourself. I'd hate for me having to go back to the Spiral and announce that you were sacrificed to the Moon Goddess."

Jacque took out his mobile, flipping the top back and forth in an attempt to relieve jitters. He thanked God that Miss Port had a plan, he didn't think his strategy of pulling a gun and demanding answers wouldn't pan out that well.

Jennifer Hazelton

"I was sort of hoping you'd interpret me not contacting you as a sign to get help. Like authorities or call Harlowe and the others."
    Nicole states in a whisper. The blonde frowns at Jacques, wondering if he'd leave her fate unknown here.

K
    Kazakin

The receptionist steps out of the office, and blinks at the fact that the team is one man down. Then he gives a shrug.

"Ookay, never mind. Anyway, the de Rossis want me to give you their room number- it's 104, first floor. They're happy to see you." The receptionist shrugs again. "Have fun."

Jennifer Hazelton

Fun?

Nicole wonders. "Thank you." She says to the receptionist.
    She glances towards Jacque; searching for a sign that he was ready for the next step.

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque flipped open the phone, pretending to act surprised. "Aw merde, maintenant Je dois agir comme un fou....Err I mean need to make a call outside, I'll catch up with you later." He forced a smile to the receptionist, "Uh, thank you for your help sir."

He exited the motel and walked a few paces out of view from the entrance. He opened his bag and quickly fitted the magazine into his pistol. The CZ-75 automatic could hold sixteen in the mag plus the one already loaded into the barrel. After rechecking that the safety was in place he shoved it between his pant's waistband and made sure to pull down the thick jacket he was wearing to cover any noticeable bulge.

Once everything was in order he put his cell phone to his ear and acted out a one sided conversation.

Jennifer Hazelton

Alrighty; time to check out 104.

Nicole nodded a good bye to the receptionist and left the reception; walking towards the first floor hotel room 104. She checks her purse; drawing out one of cards for her private detective business. It had her old address in another state; but her cell phone number on it was current. She keyed in Jacque's number in her phone and pocketed it.

Reaching room 104; she glances down the hall to see if any other guests are moving around. If she is alone; she attempts to listen at the door for a moment.

K
    Kazakin

Jacque needs to roll Dex + Larceny -2

Nicole is alone in the corridor. The motel seems quiet near the rooms, but who the Hell hangs out in a motel corridor anyway?

Nicole needs to roll Wits + Composure -1 to listen at the keyhole

I
    IberianCastaway

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-19 14:25:52 Jacque rolls 3 to Dex + Larceny -2 (Has dice pool of 5 not eight duh!) (10 Again) 6, 6, 6 failure

Page 7 of 11 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last