Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Searching for Maria Redux

Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Jennifer Hazelton

"Yeah, its definitely odd." Nicole agrees.

"Perhaps they feel that seeming religious would protect them from something?" She gives Quinn a searching look; wondering if that was the same vein the other woman had been thinking.
    "Lets keep an eye out to see if they are wearing religious jewelry; too. Bumper stickers.. odd..."

Nicole hitched up her purse and walked towards the office.

"We should probably have the reception call their room; unless you have their number?"

K
    Kazakin

As the three Hunters head inside, there's a steady trickle of movement through the reception. Just one or two people, asking for ordinary, dull things- phone cards, extra pillows, courtesy coffee. But they just keep coming, blocking off the desk.

The receptionist seems haggard and frantic, and by the time the Hunters approach him, he looks like he'd dearly like to punch someone in the face, or strangle them with a change of bed linen.

"Yes! I suppose you're here to check in?"
    he says, in the tone of voice of a man who has gotten thoroughly sick of dealing with people.

Quinn seemed somewhat surprised at how busy the motel was and would have personally only considered staying in a place like this in an emergency.

Maybe that's what all the owners of the cars thought, too.

Approaching the desk, Quinn kept her tone polite and professional and sensing that the receptionist may have given them a way forward. "Could I ask how much the room's are? We're looking for someone and it may take a few nights. Actually, you may have heard of them. Mr. and Mrs. de Rossi?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Nicole gave the harried receptionist a warm smile; not adding to the flurry of duties the man had to complete. The investigator lowered her eyes to the reception table; glancing to see if business cards were set out or pamphlets; scanning for any thing with religious phrasing or imagery. As Quinn had the situation well in hand; Nicole half turns and continues to glance at the activity that occupies the reception.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-05 16:05:46 Nicole Port rolls 4 to Perception (10 Again) 3, 10, 1, 1, 2 1 success

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque nodded at what Quinn had said, more to signify that he was part of this group than anything else. He shifted uncomfortably at the receptionist. What with his two modes of conversation being to swear either in French or in English the person's hostile attitude left him at blank at what to say.

Think happy thoughts bro. Remember the plan, let the ladies do the talking, don't put yourself into anymore shit. Your foot is like a damn smart bomb, it always seems to target your mouth.

He glanced at Miss Port, following her eyes as they darted through the room. He decided that he should at least try to make himself useful and began to look over the desk and the area surrounding it.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-05 17:12:33 Jacque rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 1, 1, 1, 5, 10, 2 1 success

K
    Kazakin

"They're $32 tonight, if you pay on the day. Free wifi, checkout time's noon tomorrow," the Receptionist said irritably. "I can't give you Mr. and Mrs. de Rossi's room number, for security reasons, but I can call their room for you, no problem. Who should I say is calling?"

Nicole and Jacque notice that there are heaps of pamphlets, which seem to have been stuffed hastily into the leaflet holder. They're all religious in nature, but there's no real 'theme' - help with alcoholism, why Halloween will kill your children, local church brochures, some of the most offensive Chick tracts out there stuffed right next to polite and quiet solicitations for worthwhile charities.

Jennifer Hazelton

Nicole gives the receptionist a concerned look; imagining the guests as uncaring people who had taken whatever good nature he had started with. She leaned down and plucked up one of the church brochures; flicking it open and scanning through the text.

"I haven't found a church since I just moved here." She stated conversationally; certainly loud enough for the receptionist or others to overhear.

"If you wouldn't mind," Quinn says. "Please tell them its to do with Maria."

The psychologist looks round as Nicole mentions the curch. Perhaps we should have gone there first, she thought.

K
    Kazakin

"Yeah, okay," the receptionist says to Quinn, before frowning at Nicole. He scowls and shakes his head. "Ugh, you don't want to say that around these guys. Trust me. I'll be right back." Behind the desk, he steps into a small office area and picks up the phone.

"Thank you," Quinn replied before looking to Nicole as the receptionist headed off. "Well, that was an odd thing to say. Something to look into later."

Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last