Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Searching for Maria Redux

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    I
    IberianCastaway

"Great so we're all agreed that we should see the Jesus freaks." Jacque laughed before sitting up. "I don't think we should waste anymore time around here, miss Port can tell you whatever zealous collectors are and we can phone them on the ride there." He added meekly, "Uh, I walked so I mean do you guys have transportation?"

Maybe I'm being a bit too rushy, but I've had enough of the Spiral for the long time. That bartender is just creepy as hell and I'm feeling ill as it is.

When it seemed Nicole wasn't going to answer her question, Sarah gathered the papers, placing them back in her briefcase and stood.

"I have a car," she replied turning towards the door. It seemed Quinn would have to be the cab for the evening also.

Joy, she thought, dryly. I never did get that drink.

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque held the door out for the rest of his company before he too exited the bar.

Good Riddance I say

As he stood by Quinn's car he said, "If we are talking to these folks I'd think they wouldn't pick up on me to kindly. Heh, I propose you two ladies do most of the talking, I, y'know, well look at me, they'd be more comfortable talking to you guys."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Sorry Ms Quinn, had a brain freeze." Nicole apologized as she followed after Quinn and Jacques to the car.
    "Had a case once where someone pissed off someone who thought he was a gangster. Had to get the real police involved in that one."

Quinn unlocks the car with the press of her car key, a car that isn't really anything special. Enough space for plenty of groceries yet small enough to be considered nippy; basically an average car with air-con, power steering and sensors for parking, which came in handy. Getting into the driver's seat, Quinn programmed her sat-nav for the hotel where Maria's parents were staying.

"Sounds a little dangerous," Sarah replied to Nicole before chuckling at Jacque, as they drove away from the Spiral. "Well, so long as Harlowe isn't there, you should be alright."

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque forced a small laugh, "You're a real comedian Miss Quinn, a real joker."

As the car began to move he settled himself into the back of the car. It really was a nice car, nothing like his used Citroën CX he drove back in France, now that was a piece of shit. He put his bag under the seat, it bore the familiar weight of his CZ-75 and spare magazines. Perhaps he was just being paranoid but Jacque didn't fell at ease without his pistol nearby.

Or maybe I'm afraid Harlowe might beat me up again? Probably.

Jennifer Hazelton

Nicole settled into the passenger seat of the car; her purse resting by her foot.
    "It wasn't my favorite job." She admitted.
    She glanced to the Sat Nav; determining where they were heading.
    "I just moved to town," She explained her interest in the Sat Nav to Quinn. "- who knows; I
    might get a room next to her parents."

She glanced back to Jacques.
    "That's not a bad idea, Jacques. It would be a good idea for someone to keep an eagle eye on things while we converse." She glanced to Quinn. "Do you have any ideas with what you'd like to lead with?"

She watched the other woman with interest; keen to see if she had an idea for how the conversation should go.

As Quinn drove, she thought about the same thing, namely how to approach the parents. "The last thing we want is to scare them away with too many questions or even give them too much hope. Losing a daughter is one thing but to have no knowledge of her whereabouts, whether living or deceased creates more underlying issues, psychologically, I mean. Personally, I think we should use your credentials as a private detective to open the door. We just need to gather as much information as we can on Maria to formulate what exactly she was running from and what danger she ran into."

I
    IberianCastaway

"Yeah that sounds good. Of course if it fails I'm always willing to crack a few skulls, that might help." He laughed, not sure if his comrades knew how much of what he said was a joke and what was truth. "Eh, a question, what if what were looking at here really is, uh... extra natural? I mean to say how are we going to deal with this?

"Assuming of course that there will be a this at all." He quickly added.

Jennifer Hazelton

"I agree, Quinn. As you brought us in on your case; I'd be glad to show my credentials and assure the parents that we are a legitimate
    investigation team and let you decide where you'd like to take the investigation."
    Nicole made an effort to demonstrate her appreciation that Quinn was including her.

Nicole smiles at Jacques comment; trusting it was a joke.
    "If we get the sense that this is something unusual,," She looked over her shoulder to Jacques.
    "- then I think we should update the others with any evidence we have to support that idea. They may have experience with similar things. Either way;
    I think the end game is to gear up and find Maria. If she's being held by something unnatural; we might call on that skull bashing skill of yours."

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last