Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Creative Thaumaturgy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last

I don't see why it couldn't be used with a summon type reaction, as it's biologically possible to do that.

However, you would need to look into target penalties, which are found on page 118 of the MTA Core.
    Bigpaw
    As I read it, Miach would be interested to cast Control Median Life with a 2-yard radius, hence a -2 penalty. He would roll Gno + Life -2 (target) -1 (eerie silence), which means 2 dices. The targets rolls Resolve (ranging from 0 to 3, depending on the critter). Do you think it's really likely enough to succeed ? Is it worth a try ? Looking at the figures, I'm starting to have doubts.

Jag
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

As I read it, Miach would be interested to cast Control Median Life with a 2-yard radius, hence a -2 penalty. He would roll Gno + Life -2 (target) -1 (eerie silence), which means 2 dices. The targets rolls Resolve (ranging from 0 to 3, depending on the critter). Do you think it's really likely enough to succeed ? Is it worth a try ? Looking at the figures, I'm starting to have doubts.

Jag
    I'd suggest Transform Base Life and change the composition of the Hedge circle instead.

Miach's already tried, but failed his casting. Of course, he can try again, but aren't there a penalty to successive castings ?

Although, we may go with simple instead, since we still have the shovel. Miach tried to simply tear the hedge apart with the shovel too, but failed at that too...

Apart from trying again to succeed at something that once failed, the only thing "new" I can think of is to use a Mind spell like Phantom Thoughts to hide our intent from the Hedge.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

A prolonged spell that doesn't grant a combat bonus.

Spatial map is transitory
    So is this identical to S-Map but with no combat bonus and a prolonged duration?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Yeah west, I am trying to make a spell similar to spatial map that can be used for a longer duration, cutting out the combat bonus of ignoring ranged penelties I thought would make it ok for prolonged at a higher dot level.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Are you positive?

I only ask because I did ask before, and you gave the same answer, and then tried to add in Omnivision
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Miach's already tried, but failed his casting. Of course, he can try again, but aren't there a penalty to successive castings ?

Although, we may go with simple instead, since we still have the shovel. Miach tried to simply tear the hedge apart with the shovel too, but failed at that too...

Apart from trying again to succeed at something that once failed, the only thing "new" I can think of is to use a Mind spell like Phantom Thoughts to hide our intent from the Hedge.
    Yes, there is a -1 penalty for trying to cast the same spell again if I'm not mistaken, which would incur a total penalty of -2 due to the "eerie silence." I think that still gives you a better shot than casting the other spell. In regards to "Phantom Thoughts," I don't think it would work in this situation, since it is a spell that is meant to protect your thoughts from others when they attempt to read your mind. A ward isn't reading our mind, so it is unlikely to be effective in this case.

I wasn't trying to mash in omnivision i was under the impression spatial map was a 360 degree effect, if that is incorrect then i was wrong with my answer of 360 degree thingy. I didn't see it as omnivision a it didn't let you see what was behind you just map it if that makes sense.

But ok i removed that entirely still issues?

Which proficiencies would be required to cast a spell that maps all the Awakened around the caster, please ?

I'm thinking of a mix between Sense Life / Spatial Map / Supernal Vision / Sense Consciousness ?

I would say Prime 1 / Space 1, but maybe that's just me.

And also...

Would it be possible with Time 2 to cast a variation of Augury that allows to ask question about the past ?
    Example, chosen completely at random: "Has Reverb passed here in the last hour ?" while standing at some spot.

Thanks.

Page 6 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread