Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Creative Thaumaturgy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Well, you're still being incredibly vague -- does the revised version have 360* vision or not?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Sorry, I copied the wording from a pre-existing space spell so it might be vague, and I would think yes to 360, i can write it in if you like. *or explicetly write it out*

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Then you're still mashing two spell effects together, and the answer is still the same.

First, mashing two spells into one doesn't really serve the intent of CT. Discrete spell effects, unless otherwise noted, should remain discrete. If you want two discrete effects in a single casting, there's a Combined Spell subsystem for that.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

how is it mashing two spells together when I literally copied the effect from a single spell? unless we have a different interpretation of what spatial map does in its vision component.

But ok, lets take your point even though I'm not sure I agree, it no longer has 360 vision, I will explicetly state it doesnt have that ability, is it still an issue?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

how is it mashing two spells together when I literally copied the effect from a single spell? unless we have a different interpretation of what spatial map does in its vision component.
    You're mashing Omnivision in.

But ok, lets take your point even though I'm not sure I agree, it no longer has 360 vision, I will explicetly state it doesnt have that ability, is it still an issue?
    Can you rewrite the proposal saying explicitly what it does?

Key

Would you say that Control Median Life can be used to trigger a "summon" reaction in an animal, please ? Once again, I'm thinking about the rodents of this post.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

I don't see why it couldn't be used with a summon type reaction, as it's biologically possible to do that.

However, you would need to look into target penalties, which are found on page 118 of the MTA Core.
    Bigpaw
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Spatial Instinct

This spell grants a much more accurate sense of where everyone and everything is. The spell creates a mental spatial map that overlays her field of vision and grants a better understanding of where things lie in space.

Knowing
    Space 2 or 3 *leave up to STer*
    Personal
    Prolonged

This spell grants additional information over what would be the mages 'field of vision', it shows how much space objects take up in front of them and where they exist in space. This functions indepent of the mages mundane sight allowing her to perceive her immediate surroundings with an acuteness transcending mundane sight (ignore blindness penalties when locating or targeting beings or objects). This extra perception however are unable to make out fine detail so whilst they may know how much space the object or person takes up and its shape they are unable to determine other factors like; colour, density, material or other such properties independent of its shape and what space it takes up.

Is this better? No omnivision, explained the weaknesses more.

C
    C_Lloyd

Link,

The below is the write-up for the space 1 spatial map spell.

QuoteQuote:
    Each success eliminates one penalty die to the mage’s ranged attack dice pool in the following turn, helping her to offset (or eliminate) penalties for opponents’ concealment or other spatially based conditions such as hitting a prone target. She cannot gain bonus dice by virtue of this spell; it simply eliminates penalties. This effect also allows a mage who is temporarily or permanently blinded to perceive her immediate surroundings with an acuteness transcending mundane sight (ignore blindness penalties when locating or targeting beings or objects). This spell cannot be combined with the Fate 1 “Sharpshooter’s Eye” spell (p. 149).
    What is it that your creative spell is trying to achieve that can't be done with that?

A prolonged spell that doesn't grant a combat bonus.

Spatial map is transitory

Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread