Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Ghost Gears

Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    T
    TeethLikeCandy

OOC

Tom pulls out a highlighter from his pocket and marks the names of the customers in question before passing the list off to Daysha. "Here, nothing really seems to match up as far as payment go's, nothing unusual in that department. But maybe you could look up the rest of the people on this list? Maybe check and see if they have had any close calls. Hell maybe some of them still have the one of the cars so we can have a look at it".

I
    Irina

Harlowe nodded simply, at Tom's suggestion. "Agreed, we need to see how far this goes- if it's just Janet or these others have gotten hit, too. Y'have their contact details, right? Maybe we can swing by their houses. Less invasive than callin' them up and asking weird fuckin' questions, if they are around t'talk."

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Rory, that’s a good idea. Maybe the company may have something to do with it? I’m not really familiar with the racing circuit.” Daysha was impressed at Rory’s angle process, thankfully she didn’t slip on something else. Racing, too bad Lexi wouldn’t call her back.

The detective’s mind was swirling with questions, some which lead to no answers or added more questions. “Tom, do you have any cars similar to these on the lot right now? Maybe we could check it out of they’re on the lot?”

Turning to Harlowe, Daysha added. “You’re absolutely right. We don’t want to freak someone out. We could also check death records or the internet to see if any of these people have died.” She shrugged a little. “I’m honestly surprised that the department didn’t check all this stuff out.”

Her face and body froze for a moment. “Uh… unless it’s someone within our department. I wonder if any of those people could be connected to some of the officers.”

Fucking great, although it’s not uncommon to have a rogue cop. Son of a bitch.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

"Well Red with racing stripes isnt exactly what you would call a rare paint job, I know i don't have any out front facing the road but i may have one parked around back. We can go check if you want, I have a few in the shop getting fixed up but beyond that all my vehicles are on the grounds", Comments tom as he scratches his beard, trying to recall if he had any cars matching the description of the others. "You don't really think that this has anything to do with the cops do you?"

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Tom's naysaying wasn't entirely encouraging, but Rory didn't have anything else he could think of. He decided to listen to the others, and try to learn how this sort of thing was done.

S
    Selena

“I hope it doesn’t have anything to do with the cops.” There was a disdainful look on her face but it was shrugged off as quick as it appeared. Dealing with Internal Affairs is not my idea of a good time.

“Well, if we’re going to check out these cars, we should probably start with the most accessible ones.” She looked to Harlowe and Rory to see if they agreed.

“Tom, if they have the same sort of detailing, we should probably check them out. I’m sure we won’t mar the ones owned by customers. Unless you don't think there's a connection.” And from what she could tell from the pictures, she wasn’t sure anyone would notice.

I
    Irina

Harlowe gave a quick nod of agreement to the suggestion. She didn't comment on the possibility of their being a dirty cop; she had dealt with bad eggs before and something like that marring this investigation would make things incredibly...difficult.

"We can start with the accessible ones, and deal with anything else if we need t'cross that bridge," Harlowe confirmed softly. She glanced at Tom, waiting for him to confirm or deny Daysha's statement.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Tom shrugs as he stand up from the desk, tossing the paperwork onto the desktop before reaching into his pocket and fishing around for his cell phone. "Might as well, not going to hurt anything to just look around. I would hate for you to miss a lead because i forgot about a car". Pulling out the cell phone he opens his contacts list and dials one of his employees, Martha, a good hard worker. Moving the cell phone to his ear he holds it in place with his shoulder as he collects the paperwork off of the desk. "Listen, I need to call in one of my people to man the shop while we look into this. I know i wasn't exactly invited or anything but If i have been putting my customers in danger that's something i need to know so im coming, besides I happen to know a thing or two about cars that may be of help. Now Im going to go put up the files that don't pertain to this case and slip the rest into my brief-case, go ahead and take a walk around the lot and see if anything looks to match what we saw in the pictures. Ill be out just as soon as Im done and we can leave".

Having said his peace Tom carries his files back down the hall to his office to prepare for what was bound to be a much more interesting afternoon than what he had been expecting.

K
    Kazakin

It's no problem at all for Tom to get Martha to come in and watch the lot. He knows she's dependable, and can usually come in on short notice anyway. She'll be glad of the hours, more than anything.

It's not exactly difficult to locate the only red car on the lot with the obvious go-faster stripes and rust damage, either. It's tucked away on its own, looking completely innocuous.

Roll Wits + Composure -1

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory followed the group out, looking curiously at the assortment of cars, doing a bit of 'window shopping'.

2 Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-10-25 19:02:07 Rory rolls 7 to Wits + Composure -1 (10 Again) 5, 7, 10, 1, 8, 7, 1, 6 2 successes

Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.