Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Ghost Gears

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    T
    TeethLikeCandy

As Thomas neared the group gathering at the edge of his lot his pace slowed as the spring left his step as he realized he recognized at least a few of them. Odds were that the people he didn't recognize were hanging around with the others they were all here for the same reason, and he doubted it was to buy a new car. Not that he could even begin to guess why they would show up to his lot but if he was a gambling man (which he was) he would put money on it being something he wasn't going to like. Of course he didn't let any of this ruin his warm smile, best not to get on the wrong side of folks like he had met at a place like the spiral.

No telling what a crowd like that would do to a guy like him.

Finally reaching the group Tom gives the woman a nod as he extends his hand, only pausing a moment as she used his true first name. "I wish you would have, I would have put a fresh pot of coffee. A pleasure to see you again Daysha, sorry about not showing back up at the spiral after poker night but...you know. Anyway who all do we have here and what can i do for you fine folks today? I take it your not here to take advantage of my low-low-prices, am I right?". Nervously Tom retraced everything he could remember from the drunken haze that was that one night at the spiral for what all he had let slip to this woman.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

((god I made so many mistakes on that last post, last time I ever try and post from a friends phone. Sucks that you only have a limited about of time to edit posts, not that i don't get the need for it, it just sucks))

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

In Rory's mental notebook, he added a note to Daysha's page: Knows Everyone.

With a friendly smile, he held out his hand to Tom.

"Hey, Tom, is it, I'm Rory Gordon. I might actually be seeing about a car soon, so I'll keep you in mind?"

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Taking the outstretched hand Tom gives it a few enthusiastic pumps, "Tom Hartman of Hartman Dealership, pleasure to meet you Gordon. Hope you will keep me in mind, I have a nice Honda that I think would be just perfect for you around back, hardly used and in just as good of shape as when it rolled off the line. Stop by anytime and Ill show her to you, let you taker her for a test drive".

I
    Irina

Well, that should makes things a lil' easier. It's always handy to know people in a few places. If this Tom fellow knew anything that might help them, being familiar with Daysha might make him a bit more receptive.

Once the guys had introduced each other, Harlowe extended a hand. "Afternoon," she greeted, and managed a quick smile. "Sara Harlowe. Nice lot," she added, after another fleeting look around.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Cringing internally. Oh god, a Honda? Too many times have I seen those crushed like a can.

Daysha relayed the same information to Tom as she did previously to Rory and Sarah. “Sorry it’s not much to go on. Can we take a look around the lot?” She looked around to see if there were any customers that just happened up.

“Have you noticed anything strange lately Tom? Random cars showing up in your lot you didn’t know about? Cars starting on their own, or something of that nature. For all we know we’re looking for Christine.” Glancing at Rory with a ‘yes I have actually seen that movie’ look.

“We might find something from the victim on one of the cars. Anything is possible at the moment.” Daysha said to Harlowe and Tom.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Rory opened his mouth to explain he'd rather have an American-made truck, but then Daysha Jackson goes into CSI:Car Lot mode, and he holds his tongue.

Not that he minded; someone had to take charge, and clearly he was the least in the know. Unless Tom knew less, but since Daysha skipped the whole "We Hunt Vampires" routine that he'd gotten... well, he'd guess not. As the questions got more exotic, he added cars to his list of the 'possessible'.

Next question was whether or not the Vatican was hiding a lot, or didn't know shit.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Stroking his salt and pepper beard Tom takes a long side glance at his lot, a thoughtfully look crossing his face as he regarded his vehicles like it was the first time he had ever seen them. Could their be something strange about my vehicles? He thought to himself. It was a good question, after all he had seen first hand how seemingly common cars could hold sinister secrets. Hell most people wouldn't believe how colorful a past even a common car could have, it was no wonder so many stories like Christine had been written over the years.

"Well I suppose it is possible, I mean i haven't noticed anything odd mind you but Im not exactly here 24/7", Comments Tom as he turns his attention back to the group. Thumbing in the direction of the office he nods for them to follow as he begins to step in that direction. "Why don't you folks follow me inside, Ill turn off the sign and bust out some paperwork on my cars. We can have a look see if any of them have a shady history, if there is anything major we should be able to spot it".

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Well, it wasn't anything as bizarre as hosing the cars down with holy water or painting crosses on them, that was for sure. Maybe they could harness the power of a mistitled car, odometer rollback, or unreleased lien to ferret out this Dark Evil.

For the first time, Rory considered the other possibility:

Daysha Jackson and her friends were nuts.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Lost in thought Tom leads the small group across the lot and up to the door to the offices, all the while searching his memories for anything out of the ordinary with any of the cars he had delt with recently. He would hate to think he had inadvertently put a dangerous vehicle out on the road and was now determined to prove to himself that it was not the case. Holding the door open Tom allows the others to enter first and follows them inside.

Stepping across the mostly open front area Tom points down the attached hall, "Bathroom is all the way down the hall and we have a break room, second door on the left, not much in it but if your welcome to whatever in there. Oh and just as a fair warning the Coke machine eats bills so if you want to use it make sure and only use change". moving down the hall he had indicated Tom begins to fish out his key ring, he was going to need his key to get into his filing cabinet. "Ill be back in a bit, just have to pull some files and give them a quick look over. Feel free to poke around but dont mess with peoples desks, some of my employees are quite particular about their work stations", calls the middle aged man over his shoulder as he walks into his office.

Selecting the correct key Tom opens his file concatenate and quickly begins to flip though the hundreds of manila folders that contained the records of all his vehicles and sales over the past year, he kept all the previous years information in storage but he highly doubted he would have to go back far and had no intention to if he could help it. Deciding that he only really needed to look at the more recent transactions Tom selects the files pertaining to the vehicles on site and the ones he had sold in the past two months.

Carrying the pile of paperwork Tom plops it all down on top of his desk over the work he had been doing before the others had arrived. He wasn't sure how long this would take but he was determined to get it done.

((OOC: Im messaging the ST to ask if this should be treated as an extended action or not))

Page 2 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.