Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
The Spiral IV: Halloween Poker Night

Page 9 of 15 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last
    I
    IberianCastaway

He ran his hand through his hair, averting his eyes from the detective. "I uh... I'm sorry for offending you Jackson- I mean detective Jackson. It is just, uh, my mother d... well she suffered quite greatly at the hands of the cancer of the lungs, brought upon by the smoke..." He laughed nervously, his eyes still glued to his hand, "This is why I uh, acted the way I did. For that I apologize- I should have known better I mean to say. I'll let you enjoy your smoking for the rest of the night unmolested."

Jacque actually looked hurt, if only for the smallest of seconds before he reverted to his usual award winning attitude. "Anyways you kiddies have fun with your card game. I myself shy away from gambling as it disagrees with my moral convictions... for what any of that is worth."

I
    Irina

"Depends how big your bank account is, I guess," Harlowe remarked, with a little laugh. She pulled up a seat, her eyes flickering from one person to the other before resting on the cards. "I hope none of y'have another set of cards hidden away," she added, although her light tone suggested that she was joking.

This was, after all, a fun game and not something Vegas serious. If anyone attempted to cheat for a few quarters, they were fucking desperate.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Gawd I wish the old man dealt, at least I could trust him. Daysha gave a smile and a quick nod to Tom Mr. Tiller.

“Yeah I agree Derevko, besides, someone here could be a card shark, or whatever the fuck you call it.” She reached into her stupid satchel and pulled out a few ones.

“Well Jacque, if you’re not gonna play, are you going to at least watch?” Daysha asked with a puzzled look.

She shook her head for a moment and then gave a half chuckle. “Ha, Harlowe, I don’t think I can hide much more in this outfit.” Daysha said as she adjusted it again.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory turned and looked at Jacque, more than a little curious.

"What's with the 'kiddies' crack? I can't tell if you're fishing for attention or a beating, and honestly, if it's the latter, I'd rather get it over with before cards and money get spilled. If it's neither, I'm still the guy who doesn't think you're funny, right?"

He stood, putting away his little wad of money.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking a fight, but if you are, you can tell them 'Candy Darling' helped you find it."

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Shuffling the deck one last time Tom cuts it and sets it aside as he pulls the poker chips across from him. "Fine, we play it low then with a 5 dollar buy in. With 6 players that makes for a 30 dollar pot". Pulling out the white, blue, and red chips Tom sorts them out into piles and slides them across the table to each of the players, Identifying their worth as he gos, "25 cents, 50 cents, 75cents". It was rather lame to play with such a low amount but Tom reasoned that the game would go fast and if he really wanted to play more he could probably talk a few of them into a higher stakes game.

"Ok folks the game is Texas Hold em'. every body set?"

K
    Kazakin

"Don't worry about it," Derevko commented to Rory. "That guy's worthless in a fight. Cried like a bitch last time I saw him." He tugged out five ones from his wallet, which was currently living somewhere in the furry ruffles of his barbarian outfit. He glanced at his stack of chips and weighed up the idea of being nice.

I
    Irina

Harlowe tossed down the money, keeping her wallet next to her elbow for easy access. "Y'got your boots," she remarked casually to Dayha, her lips quirking upward in amusement.

She turned her attention to the table again, offering a nod of acknowledgement to Tom's instructions.

"How many people has that guy pissed off?" Harlowe questioned, as Derevko spoke of Jacque.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha threw in a 10 and counted out the chips. “Yup, set.”

Who the hell is Candy Darling?

“Harlowe, I think he about covered everyone. Except that new guy.” She pointed in the direction of the quiet one Eltacolibre .

K
    Kazakin

The Old Man eyed Jacque with an expression of irritation.

"If you don't like the patrons, don't stick around on my account. I got better things to do than fish your corpse out of the bathroom," he grunted, then glanced at the pumpkin and knife lover.

"Y'want in on the game or not?"

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory waited a few more moments before sitting again, putting his money on the table. He was relieved that the stakes were as low as they were; he was still learning to juggle his finances.

"Eh, now you made me feel bad,"
    he muttered at Derevko.

Clearly, Jacque had grown up with the luxury of being able to act however he'd like without having to learn to defend himself. Rory frowned for a just a moment, envying the man for that.

He followed Daysha's finger.

"Come on then, you're holding things up. In or out?"

Rory punctuated the question with a motion at Tom to deal.

Page 9 of 15 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.