Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
The Spiral IV: Halloween Poker Night

Page 8 of 15 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
    I
    IberianCastaway

As the rest of the bar's patrons made their way to the gambling Jacque settled himself at the bar. "A... glass of water sir." He said to the barkeep, Jacque had the oddest feeling that The Old Man didn't like him, then again, no one liked him.

He surveyed the area, his mind focusing primary on the new faces: Tiller seemed a scrub, not at all receptive to what he had to say- and he was odd, in more ways than one- but he didn't give off the feeling that he was enlightened as to creatures. Then there was mister Rory, detective Jackson's friend. He briefly wondered if this Rory guy was the 'holy man' she had alluded to last time he was here, the bro she had said would assist them on the Jihad. Jacque decided against pressing the issue for now. Finally was this new guy, well new new guy. Didn't catch his name but saw him being a real hardass to the Old Man, he didn't know if he wasn't enlightened or if he was just an asshole. Jacque could sympathize with both.

He turned is attention to detective Jackson who had just lit up a fumée. He grimaced, "Oi, detective Jackson, would you please kindly put out the, uh..." He put his index and middle finger to his lips, pantomiming smoking, "It is not very good for you, and the second hand..." He clucked his tongue, "... is not very good for anyone around here too."

D
    Daysha Jackson

“I think we’re all allowed one or two vices, don’t you?” Daysha glared at Jacque and her tone wasn't pleasant. God what was it with this asshole. “I’m sure there are worse dangers to society than a smoke.” Daysha raised her eyebrow. Like the gun in the holster between my legs.

“You know what else isn’t good for you? Bitching.” Pointing at the bar. “Are you going to tell the Old Man to put his smoke out at his own bar too?” She pulled her dress down for a moment and flicked her ashes in the ashtray. "I know you're trying to make amends for the other night, but getting on my case about it isn't helping the situation." The detectives voice was a little more even.

Turning away from the irritation she nodded to Sarah. “Harlowe, I’m just doing it for fun.” She laughed a bit. “We could play it safe and use quarters.”

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory gave Jacque a curious look.

Did he really just walk into a bar and ask people not to smoke?

Was he foreign?

I
    Irina

Harlowe muffled a derisive snort, turning it into a little couch as she sampled more of the punch in her current glass. Considering what people ahd been saying about the punch, perhaps she would get away with it. As it was, Harlowe did consider telling someone smoking in a bar, to stop the smoking, to be a slightly idiotic thing to do.

Y'ain't in ain't Europe anymore, kiddo.

As it was, her thoughts remained her own and instead she grinned faintly at Daysha. "I think I have a few quarters in this...get-up, somewhere. Believe it or not."

K
    Kazakin

"Who doesn't like poker?" Derevko said, with a shrug. He lit his own cigarette, completely ignoring Jacque. The guy seemed determined to commit suicide by barfight, but Derevko wanted a quiet game of poker... not a quiet night of explaining to people who he used to work with, exactly why he was dressed like Attila the stripping Hun.

Fucking eurotrash, thinking he can tell people not to smoke. Makes me wanna put a Goddamn cigarette out in his eye. Temper. Temper. Fuck. Fuck.

D
    Daysha Jackson

With a smoke in hand, and drink in the other, Daysha walked over to the makeshift poker table. “Does anything get cleaned around here?” She mumbled glancing at the questionable stains on the green leaflets.

“So, who’s dealing us up?” As she sat down, she pulled another chair over and put an ashtray on it. Taking a long drag of her smoke she glared again at Jacque. Man what’s wrong with that guy. Maybe he’s bipolar?

Half standing up, she pulled her costume down again and crossed her legs in irritation. This is why I don’t do girly very well.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Tom slams down the rest of his drink in one gulp, the fiery liquid rushing down his throat. Stepping to the bar Tom setts the empty glass on the counter before making his way to the poker table. "Ill go ahead and deal first, if thats all right with you", comments the middle aged man as he wedges his large ass into one of the seats. He was ready to get this night over with and the faster this game went the better. Reaching out and collects the deck of cards, beginning to shuffle as he adjusts himself in his seat.

"So, how many do we have and how much dose it cost to buy in? We keeping it small, like twenty bucks, or are we going big?", he asks as he watches to see who all would be joining game.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory joins the group, fishing out a wad of small bills and a money clip, waiting to see what the buy in would be. He considers the table, and moves to first available seat to Tom's right.

"Is there a set game? Or is it dealer's choice?"
    he asked, unsure of how 'organized' the game actually was; in this bar, he was rapidly learning, things were pretty much what you made of them.

E
    Eltacolibre

Rock joined on the game of Poker as he signed his name on the sheet. He wasn't very good at it but this seemed a good occasion to learn more about the people of the Spiral. He barely remember the last time he got to play Poker actually. "I'm in."

K
    Kazakin

Derevko slung himself down next to Rory, and blew out a small cloud of smoke from the cigarette. Well, I ain't too fucking bad at poker, and it'd be a good diversion. So fuck you, Grace, I'm having a good evening after all. He even went to Hell with it and drank some of the punch, which his liver wouldn't thank him for.

"Let's start low. No sense breaking the fuckin' bank on the first hand, is there?"

Page 8 of 15 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.