Ended
Watch
121 - 130
DISPLAYED
The Spiral IV: Halloween Poker Night

Page 13 of 15 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
    I
    Irina

Harlowe considered it pretty damned rude that the kid had blanked her, but what the heck. Some kid's just didn't understand politeness, until it was drummed into them several times. She concentrated on her cards, foregoing any attempt at bluffing - at least for the moment. She knew from past experience that her attempts at bluffing usually ended in hilarity around the table.

Perhaps that was something to pull out of a hat later, if someone lost a few too many quarters. Reaching out to her glass of punch, she took a small sip of the many-coloured, many-flavoured alcoholic beverage, and studied the players around the table.

"Mhm," Harlowe murmured, her eyes flickering upward to Daysha. "I saw a guy dressed as a toad on the way here. I choose to assume he was forced to dress like that at gunpoint," she remarked. Perhaps the newbie would get the hint that this wasn't the sort of table to blab.

2 Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-18 23:49:47 Sara Harlowe rolls 3 to Intelligence + Composure -2 (10 Again) 5, 3, 10, 10, 1 2 successes

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Tom silently considers his hand as he watches and listens to the others around the table. The new guy was talking about things going bump in the night and Tom was interested to seen exactly what everyone had to say about it, at least this way he wasn't the one to look like a fool if no one took the bait. So far the only one to really let on that Toms lead about the spiral was a step in the right direction was what the Frenchman from earlier, and frankly tom took whatever that bastard said with a hell of a lot more than a grain of salt.

Of course if he continued to just play the waiting game it would seem rather odd, him sitting quietly while they played. So Tom decided to join in the small talk while he arranged his cards. "They are all probably at my place, I left out enough candy on my porch to feed a small army of little monsters for a week, as long as the first few kids don't make off with everything".

Roll for Bluff, 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-19 13:40:03 Thomas Hartman rolls 5 to Bluffing at poker (10 Again) 9, 4, 3, 6, 4 1 success

He hopped his poker face held up and that he wasn't letting on to much.

K
    Kazakin

Guys, the bluff/cheat/read round is over. Roll is now Intelligence + Composure -2, with a +1 or -2 mod depending on how well your first round rolls went. :P

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Sorry, guess I missed it, 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-19 14:02:49 Tom Hartman rolls 2 to Poker (10 Again) 9, 4 1 success

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"What religion is that?" Rory asked, curious. It had to be something really obscure.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-19 17:30:08 Rory rolls 2 to INT + COM -2 -2 (10 Again) 7, 9 1 success

R
    RobbyL9

Gregory looked down at the table slightly and tapped it twice. Looking up slightly at Daysha, he winked in a knowing fashion. So he was in the midst of at least one or maybe several of those enlightened to the true ways of the world. "Yeah. But, y'know. Silly of me to talk like that, I always get superstitious around this time of year." he said, quickly covering his tracks as best he could for any unenlightened at the table.

Hearing Rory speak up, he responded with a certain amount of pride. "I am an evangelical christian from the Society of Friends. Whom you all probably know better as the Quakers." Gregory sat up in his chair and nodded once, smiling again. "Oh and you all don't need to worry. I usually only preach during the daytime so, uh, you're safe." he laughed a couple of times.

That last comment was not exactly true, Gregory liked to think of himself as being always on call. But he decided just to let it be because this looked like the kind of place one was just as likely to leave through the door as through the window.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory opened his mouth, a moment away from asking questions about that peculiarity of Quakers, but held his tongue. He did raise his eyebrow at what seemed to be a fellow member of the clergy.

"Ah, right,"
    he nodded. "I teach Theology at the Uni."

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Yeah, the night of the sugar high is always fun when you're a kid. Maybe the toad guy was hoping a princess would kiss him." Daysha smirked to Harlowe.

Why is this guy winking at me? Daysha thought as she quirked a brow to Greg.

So, first it’s Rory at confession a while back. Not sure what God was trying to do there. Then he winds up here at the Spiral of all fucking places. Now I have some oatmeal preacher in my bar who clearly hinted at wanting to spread the word of god. She looked up for a moment while she was thinking. Alright God, what the hell… crap I said hell… again… What is going on? Are you trying to tell me something? Whatever it is, I don’t get it and throwing a young punk my way to tell me about life and gambling is bad isn’t helping me understand you. I haven't had sex in like 3 years, isn't that punishment enough?!

Daysha glanced at Rory after he spoke, but didn’t make any other indication of sorts. “Well, I’m glad you only preach during the day… outside of the bar.” A quick smile and her eyes were back on her cards.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-21 10:50:22 Daysha Poker rolls 4 to Int + Comp 6 -2 (10 Again) 5, 5, 10, 2, 1 1 success

I
    Irina

If Gregory wants to successfully mask his tell and wink, he needs to roll Manipulation + Subterfuge, contested by Wits + Composure by those around the table.

R
    RobbyL9

(Awkward wording, and ultimately a failure. I blame InvisibleCastle! )

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-21 22:04:48 Gregory Willis rolls 4 to Gregory rolls 4 to try to conceal signal. Wits+Manipulation. (10 Again) 1, 3, 3, 1 failure

Page 13 of 15 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.