Ended
Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
The Spiral IV: Halloween Poker Night

Page 12 of 15 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
    R
    RobbyL9

Amidst the disagreements and fighting present in the bar, a young man came walking through the door. He walked up to the bar and patted his hand lightly upon it as he passed by. "Evening sir. How goes it?" Gregory Willis asked with a genuine smile before proceeding to the poker table, where an amused grin began to tug at his lips.

"Excuse me?" the boy asked the group and Detective Jackson in particular "Is there any room for me to sit around here?" Gregory silently hoped that a little bit of good naturedness could calm these good folks down.

D
    Daysha Jackson

As Jacque spewed his mundane bullshit, all Daysha really heard was ‘Blah blah I pulled a few fun things out of a book now I sound so fucking cool blah blah blah.'

I really hope he tries to come in here again. I’m sure I’ll find something to nail him on. She looked at the old man while shaking her head.

“Yeah back to the cards.” Daysha said as she picked up her hand. When the young guy walked up to the table she turned and cocked her brow. “Sure, you can have Jacque-ass’s seat.” As she pointed to the empty one.

“So…. Your name is?” She looked at Greg questioning his every move. Please don't be another fucking tool we have to deal with tonight. Daysha shifted a little in her seat adjusting her stupid costume, and maybe making sure her gun was easily accessed.

I wonder if he feels like he just walked into the Lion's den.

R
    RobbyL9

Greg had noticed the empty seat, as well as the angry, angry Frenchman who had once inhabited it storming out. But he just wanted to be polite. Much less chance of incurring the man's wrath later on. Not like Thanksgiving at Ma's house where there's always a chair just waiting for you, no sir.

Still smiling, he stepped around the table and sat down. "Oh my name is Gregory, pleased to meet you." he told Daysha with a nod, extending his hand to shake "I like your costume, by the way. I didn't know there was a dress-up thing here tonight, otherwise I guess I would have tried to come more prepared."

With his free hand, Greg tugged at the wool collar of his heavy leather bomber jacket and shrugged.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Good riddance to bad rubbish, that was Toms view of the Frenchman's departure from the game table. The middle aged car salesman had never been put off by someone in his whole life. Luckily the man who replaced him at the table looked, at least at first glance, to be a fairly nice. Odds were he wasn't insane at all, but then again he had come into the spiral so their was always a chance Tom could be wrong. And keeping in the general swing towards the positive, it seemed that the rest of the table wanted to keep playing.

"Ok, so now that all that is behind us why don't we start out fresh? Ill go ahead and re-deal so we can do this right, just go ahead and pass up the cards from before". Reaching out Tom picks up a new deck of cards and gives them a quick shuffle and split before dealing them out to the players for a new round.

Hopefully this time it would go a bit more smoothly.

I
    Irina

Harlowe was used to tuning out bullshit by now, so when Jacque began his big long 'woe is me' rant, that's exactly what she did. She took the time to study her cards, and wonder what hands the other player's had - and how hard she was going to kick their ass. The former soldier considered that, inside the comfort of her own head, she was a little bit too competitive. As long as it didn't get out of hand however, the game would be nice, relaxed and above all, damned fun.

Her head tipped back from the cards, and she scrutinised the newcomer with a critical expression. Ultimately, Harlowe gave a quick nod. "'Sup," she greeted calmly.

"Yeah, pull up and chair, don't fuckin' cheat and everything's gonna go well." She nibbled on her bottom lip for a moment, suddenly craving a cigarette. A Poker game in a seedy bar required a cigarette.

What a Goddamned month to quit.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory considered the situation, mainly, that Jacques had left. His brow furrowed slightly at the new arrival, but turned into a friendly nod if looked at.

He reached out, a glass of mystery punch appearing in his hand, and he drained it.

"OK, let's do this then,"
    he agreed, sitting back down.

R
    RobbyL9

Gregory turned his gaze to Rory and nodded his head. "Hello sir, my name's Gregory." he said, returning the nod. Then his gaze casually fell upon the table and he noticed some bills piled here and there. "Oh. Uh." Greg blushed "Were we supposed to be playing for money? I don't gamble, my religion forbids it."

K
    Kazakin

"Hi. Terrible fuckin' shame that you can't play," Derevko said. His patience, which could be stretched about as far as his index finger, was decisively strained by the arrival, and yet again, delay, of what was supposed to be a relaxing poker game.

Why the fuck would you come to a place with a Poker Night sign outside if you can't gamble? Oh, what the fuck. Maybe he's just smoked a lot of pot tonight and is still in fuckin' happy land.

"...So, for those of us with no moral, religious, legal, ethical or otherwise objections... I'm in,"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-18 02:39:45 Jonathan Derevko rolls 2 to Intelligence 2 + Composure 4 -4 (10 Again) 9, 6 1 success

R
    RobbyL9

"Well... it doesn't matter because I also like just watching the game. So on you go." Gregory was taken aback by the agent's tone and got the feeling that Derevko probably hated his guts. Such things had happened on a few occasions since he had arrived in the city. He would do something like make small talk with the punky, short green-haired barista at the coffee shop and in thanking her for his hot chocolate mention the words '2nd Corinthians 9:15'.

'Now thanks be to God for His Gift, precious beyond telling. His indescribable, inexpressible, free Gift!' was what it meant and Gregory was quick to explain as much. He had expected that the barista might not know it by heart, but he hadn't expected that she would scoff as soon as his back was turned. Displays of faith just seemed to weird people out in this part of the country. Not that he would know what any of the other cities were like.

He rubbed his hands together excitedly. "Uhm, so... quite a night we're having hmm?" Gregory said in a tone trying to play up the fact that it was Halloween "Scary night, yeah? I've been out walking all night expecting vampires to just pop out any second but I haven't run into any yet. Well, any real ones anyway. So far just girls in less-than-modest outfits with makeup trailing from their lips." He chuckled slightly.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Are these fucking cards rigged? Daysha wondered as she looked at her hand then glanced at Tom Mr. Tiller again.

Daysha snerked a few times at Derevko’s comment. “Yeah, ditto.” Her sense of humor was dry sometimes. She faintly started humming Hip to be Square while she realized her cards were crap, again.

Huh, I wonder what Rory thinks of this guy.

“Isn’t watching corruption just as bad?” She raised a brow at Gregory. “The name’s Daysha Jackson.”

Gawd I hope Derevko doesn’t spaz at the vampire talk again. “Yeah, Halloween brings out a lot of freaks.” She shook her head a little and then glared at Greg. She lit another cig. “The vampires, Frankensteins, supermans all of that spring out of the dark to go trick or treating.” She chuckled dryly hoping he’d pick up the hint.

Wow I suck
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-18 19:55:05 Daysha rolls 3 to Manip + Subter (10 Again) 3, 6, 7 failure

Page 12 of 15 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.