Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
The Spiral IV: Halloween Poker Night

Page 11 of 15 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko stared at the hand, and there must've been something in his expression that made him a Goddamn open book to Harlowe, because it was pretty obvious that the scarred Agent had a hand that was worth approximately nothing at all, and he was furious at it.

On the other hand, his eyes were still working.

Resisting Harlowe's read failure, spotted Jacque
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-11-13 02:37:09 Jonathan Derevko rolls 1 to Manipulation -1 (Untrained) -2 (Flaw) (10 Again, Chance) 9 failure
    2011-11-13 02:34:03 Jonathan Derevko rolls 6 to Intelligence 2 + Composure 4 (10 Again) 7, 2, 1, 7, 6, 9 1 success

"Hey, fuckwit, if you're going to try and cheat, I'm going to come over there and put your eurotrash face through the table," Derevko said, in what might have been his friendly mode. "If you need pocket change that fucking badly, I'll give you some."

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory rubbed his cheek and settled his chin in his hand, leaning on the table.

"OK, I can't do this. I came here to try to relax,"
    he sighed. He didn't understand why Jacque had to be such a heel, but he felt like he'd been butting heads with the guy since he walked in. The cheating was the straw on the back of his good humor and tolerance.

He pushed the wad of small bills into the middle of the table and stood up.

"Sorry to ditch, you all want to try again... maybe Christmas? The Holiday Club?"
    he gave a weak smile, taking a good natured jab at their apparent lack of familial commitments.

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Wow, we certainly put the fun in dysfunctional." She rolled her eyes. "It's Halloween, we're supposed to play cards, drink whatever and have a few laughs." Daysha set her cards face down on the table. Her voice remained calm and collected as she spoke, the whole time.

Lighting a cig she inhaled it and back out. Not that it was calming her down, but the oral fixation made her focus. "Yeah, I realize I'm not any better at the attitude problems we've been having here lately. This has reached the point of stupid." Daysha motioned to Derevko. "Hell, I don't mind when Derevko makes cracks at my costume. Cause that's the way he and I have always been."

The Detective looked at Jacque. "But You, I really don't understand." I think it's high time I run a background check on you jackass. "Are we going to be cool here?" She asked Jacque as she small loop with her hand suggesting the whole table.

"So, that being said, if I buy us all a round of shots can we all chill and relax. Or what?" Daysha glanced around the table wondering if they were in agreement.

T
    TeethLikeCandy

Looking from his rather unimpressive hand to the rather small and insignificant pot, his excuse for being here tonight was rather flimsy to begin with and he was having a hard time coming up with a reason for him to linger. All and all the night had rather been a bust for him and it seemed like a good time to fold and call it a night.

Looking around the table at the other players Tom addresses everyone, "So...are we going to just call it quits then?".

K
    Kazakin

Behind the counter, the Old Man's eyes have locked on the table and he stepped around the bar. Apparently, he doesn't like the idea of trouble, or of two of the people who bothered to pay for drinks looking like they want to quit. His grizzled face is twisted in a frown.

"Y'cheating, boy?"
    he says quietly. "And disturbin' my payin' customers?"

I
    Irina

"I ain't in the mood t'quit," Harlowe scowled darkly. "But I sincerely doubt any of us wants to play with a damned cheater."

She didn't know Derevko very well at all, but it seemed unlikely to her that he would throw around accusations of cheating in a low-key, chilled out friendly game on Halloween.

"Who in heck cheats for a couple of dollars?" she sounded brusque, but not to the point of irritation that she had been with Jacque before today. Tonight, regardless of what happened, Harlowe was trying to remain relaxed.

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque folded his cards and stood up, taking in a deep inhale before putting his fists onto the table and lanching into his tirade:

"Seriously? I bet every single one of you were the types of people who as kids would pull the wings off a fly because the buzzing annoyed you. I freely admit that I am on no uncertain terms a shit condor flying all over the place, shitting on everyone below me. Hell, look a scar face over here," He pointed at Derevko, "The first time I came here I insulted his facial appearance. Why you might ask? Damned if I know, I just did and I will never ever regret it."

He turned his glare upon Harlowe, "You know why I picked a fight with you? It wasn't because anything you said or did, it was because I had to preserve a national tradition. The French Honorable tradition of coming to different country, inciting a conflict, then backing the fuck out before we actually had to back up our words. And y'know, frankly, I am disgusted at the sheer amount of xenophobia that is occurring at this table. Y'know I thought it would be different here, I really did, I thought this was America! Where an honest man would work his hardest and be rewarded with a Bic Mac from MacDonald, a 7/11 Double Gulp, and front row tickets to a NASCAR game. I guess I was wrong, and I hope you're all happy- for you have robbed the American Dream from this young, idealistic immigrant's mind. For shame, for shame..."

Jacque walked up from the table to the bar,"... and by God detective Jackson if anyone's buying drinks it's me. I have to make sure there all poisoned first after all!" He laid out the entity of the cash he had left in his wallet: about $7.50 on the bar and nodded to The Old Man. With one smooth motion he put a little red book on the counter and left the Spiral.

A few minutes later Jacque would find that his bike had been stolen and left without petty change for bus fare. He resigned to walk to his apartment half-way across the city.

K
    Kazakin

The Old Man raises one jagged grey eyebrow at Jacque's rambling bullshit and pays absolutely no attention to the content. He speaks over the other guy, his voice loud, stern, and perfectly in control.

"I ever see you in this bar again, boy, you're trespassing. Trespassers get shot. Welcome to the good old USA, where you bein' on my property gives me that right," he says calmly. "Anyone else wants to be that much of a douche, they can join you."

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory looked over at the book.

"Someone's a bit deep off into Three Worlds,"
    he muttered.

K
    Kazakin

"Someone's a bit deep in the bong, more like," Derevko drawled, shifting his cigarette around with his tongue. "Fucking idiot. So. Are we actually gonna play, or are we going to let some dipshit who can't keep his metaphors straight ruin the night?"

Is it just me, or do I sound fucking worse when I'm trying to be positive?

Page 11 of 15 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.