Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Carthian Movmement Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Lance waits in silence for Brenn to leave. "Well," he says, "I wish her luck." In falling down a hole.

"Now, I'll be joining the movement. I'm proposing that we meet again in a month," He looks to Mclean. "If that is enough time for you to secure a meeting place, with actual concrete goals on how to build up the support we need to function as a covenant. We can go over them then, evolve our mission statement into something solid and get ourselves organized. In addition, if any members from outside the domain arrive, we can include them then. Since Mclean has volunteered to be the current contact point for the Domain, I see no problems with letting him fill that role." He looks back and forth between the two of them. "Is this acceptable?"
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John's eyes widen for a moment in surprise of all the people he would expect to stick around he would have never thought it would be Lance. John hopped to God that this was not some ploy to sabotage John... the Carthian Movement so much more important than their bickering. John would be willing to work with Lance if he was willing to work with John.

"I officially welcome and recognize you as a member of the Carthian Movement, Lance Rayner. Everything you suggest sounds like a sound Plan, I will get to work on finding us a Place to meet as soon as we disperse."

John turns back to Sarah,

"Miss. LaFleur, do you wish to get in on this, or are you still undecided?"

John asks politely.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

PRE

Sarah did not speak for a minute after Lance made his declaration in support of the Movement and while she heard the words of her cousin with such strong opinions, her thoughts were elsewhere. One of the main reasons she had decided to attend the meeting was the passion Brenn had shown at Court and the respect the Daeva had for the Haunt's seemingly honest beliefs. Minutes ago the literate Nosferatu had spoken with great pride of her faith in the Covenant, she'd stated her desire to stand up for her ideals and put them into practice despite the fact that they might have been unpopular. Then she had stood up, announced that John, Lance and Sarah were nothing and stated an opinion that could only lead her in one direction, a direction which would finally see the end of "Brenn", if such a person had ever existed at all.

In fact should anyone be capable of reading her mind, they would find one overriding thought: Fucking Neonates

Sarah had marched for integration back in college, had worked to register black voters in the early 60's. She had heard the call to action from Jack Kennedy, from Martin Luther King JR and had tried to help others in some small way, she was not perfect but she had done her best to live up to the values others took for granted. Her thoughts flashed back to police dogs and fire hoses being used on peaceful protesters, volunteers being murdered and the other moments that had defined the America she had lived in. To the Succubi Brenn had chosen to represent the new generation. Anarchists who danced on burned out police cars, children who wore Che t-shirts and quoted Mao without any knowledge of the suffering of innocents oppressed by those to who claimed to represent Communism.

The Daeva had nothing against the other Covenants, what got someone through their Requiem was their own business. Those Kindred who were members of the First Estate who came about their beliefs naturally, who took their time and considered their decision, Sarah could respect. However Brenn ... Brenn had said all of the right things, had spoke of her "beliefs" to anyone who would listen and then when the time came to live up to them, had decided to go in another direction because things looked difficult. It was a pity, Sarah had considered the Haunt almost a friend and had even picked out one of her favorite quotations to share with the woman.

"Each of you, for himself, by himself and on his own responsibility, must speak. And it is a solemn and weighty responsibility, and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of pulpit, press, government, or the empty catch-phrases of politicians. Each must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may. If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country — hold up your head! You have nothing to be ashamed of." - Mark Twain

However Twain's words applied to those, regardless of their political leanings, stayed true to their beliefs. Brenn had proven that her words and ideals could not be trusted. For too long Sarah had no political ideals of her own, preferring to ignore almost everything about Kindred Society and focus completely on herself. It was thus kind of ironic that a decision made by one of the city's least politically active Kindred was sealed by the actions of one of its biggest political blowhards.

"I'm in."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John smiled widely at Sarah's choice to stay with the Movement.

"Wonderful, I welcome and officially recognize you as a Member of the Carthian Movement, Sarah LaFleur."

John then addresses the rest of the group,

"Unless there is anything else we wish to add tonight, I would say the first meeting of the new generation of the Carthian Movement of Sacramento is over, may our endeavors be successful and our achievements many."

OOC
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

Lance nods. "Here here." Lance stands and gathers his briefcase as he agrees with Mclean's sentiments. "Miss LaFleur, Mister Mclean, here is my contact information if you need to get ahold of me."

He gives them the information and takes theirs in return before leaving for the evening.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

PRE

Sarah smiled genuinely at John's warm reception of her decision, taking out a pair of business cards and passing one to each of her cousins. "I am looking forward to our next meeting." She stood up, her mood improved by being in the company of those who actually wished to make a commitment to something. "It was a pleasure to meet you both."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Great Scene everyone!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread