Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
Tom's Diner

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha’s mind began to wonder what else Rory did in his spare time. The movies he listed were ones that Darrin and Aaron watched while she read cases. She was apparently left in the dark, or maybe her mother painted the picture of the clergy far too pretty. Not that Rory wasn’t good looking, but if movies like that brought him pleasure she wondered what else he did for pleasure. There was another blush on her face and then she realized she was silent for a few moments more than she planned. Wow, stop that Daysha.

“Uh yeah, I heard that was supposed to be good.” Daysha snapped her fingers trying to think. “It’s got,” Snap, snap, snap. “Hopkins,” Snap, snap, snap. “Anthony Hopkins in it.” She looked slightly proud at remembering the name as she glanced at Rory.

“Against drinking blood?” Her face turned puzzled and she shook her head. “That doesn’t make any sense. What happened to the body and blood of Christ thing?”

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"Right, Sir Anthony Hopkins. He also, of course, played Clive Stables Lews in 'Shadowlands'," Rory added.

If Anthony Hopkins had more critically acclaimed roles, clearly Rory was either unaware or didn't agree. He punctuated the thought with a fry pointed at Daysha. "You should see it."

He put the burger down and ate the fry, nodding at the question of blood.

"That's pretty interesting. To summarize, the Bible basically says that blood is life, and blood is for spilling as a sacrifice. Christ was a sacrifice, and His blood is what forged the second agreement between Man and God -- the second covenant, which begins with the New Testament. Does that make sense?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha nodded. “Yeah that’s right he’s a Knight for some reason.”

She pointed her fork in Rory’s direction with a goofy smile. “You,” She looked at him making sure she had his attention. “Should watch it with me. I think Darrin said it was about an exorcism.”

“Right, although now that I think of it.” Daysha sighed trying to think for a minute. “I probably don’t have this quote right cause it’s been a while.” She closed her eyes and tried to pick from her memories. What she spoke may have sounded a bit recited. He poured the wine and gave it to his people and said, take this.. glass.. all of you and drink from it. This is the.. glass.. of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting... something. It will be shed for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Do this in memory of me. She opened her eyes and looked at Rory. “So in all actuality, it was basically symbolic more than anything, and not the actual drinking of blood? I wonder if there’s any truth to Dracula.” Some how the thought from Daysha spilled out at random.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

"Sure, that sounds like fun," Rory agreed. It sounded a lot more fun than sitting by himself in a theater or waiting for it to show up in one of the red box rental things. Maybe there were some upside to not having to toe the party line; being able to actually talk about the movies.

He nodded as she meandered through the eucharist of the Last Supper.

"Close enough. As for Dracula? At this point, I'm wondering how much to apply the axiom that the winners write the history books. We've basically used 'facts' and interpretation of historical figures to discredit oral history. Or never corrected misconceptions. Sort of like Mary Magdalene."

Rory paused, and put his burger down.

"OK, can we go back to you looking for crazy things? We, uh, kind of glossed over that."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Not that it was a date by any means, no of course not that would be ridiculous. Daysha smiled when Rory agreed to watch the movie. It would be a nice change from watching ridiculous psychological bullshit movies with Darrin. As much as she loved Aaron, watching a Transformer, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman marathon had lost its luster. Yet she still loved how he watched it with enthusiasm.

“Sorry, I haven’t had a real conversation with someone that didn’t involve work or family stuff in a while.” Daysha said looking at Rory sheepishly.

“Well, it’d be nice to get a different perspective on…. things. If you haven’t guessed my uh, social skills kind of suck.” Daysha sighed a little admitting the truth. “And some people like to just shoot shit without asking questions. Then again, it could be knee jerk reactions.” She twirled around her hashbrowns for a moment while she thought. “Sometimes I just want to know why. Why do these things, vampires, sluggy creatures and the rest, why do they attack who they attack? I can never figure out the motive.”

Stabbing the sausage on her plate hard with her fork. “Like why my son for example. Convenience, or sick and twisted?”

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Rory nodded as he continued eating. His bites were a little too large, and his chewing a little too fast to be considered good manners; another legacy of his upbringing. His eyes narrowed and an eyebrow lifted in a question as he she continued. He looked as if he were getting ready to speak until she moved on.

The narrow eyes widened, and his chewing slowed. Slowly, laboriously, it started up again, ending in a long swallow as he set the burger down. He looked as if he were going to speak, but took a drink, washing down the last swallow.

"Your son?"
    he asked. "Are you serious?"

His widened eyes had resumed their normal shape, but looked at Daysha Jackson with a new intensity.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Yes, dead serious.” Daysha put her table wear down and took a drink of water. “I’m not sure I’d be as involved in this if I just KNEW about it.”

“I don’t know if something followed my dad one night to our neighborhood wanting revenge or what. Dad’s always been extra careful, considering I’m turning 36 next month and didn’t find out about this till the shit happened with Aaron. Hell my mom’s still clueless.” Although if it doesn’t revolve around her, she tends to ignore everything else. There was intensity in her eyes like a fox protecting her cub. Fierce as she spoke about Aaron and her family.

“I guess I just have that protective instinct.” Or cold chills that run down my back. “The thing is, there’s more out there than vampires. I just wish I knew what the hell their motives were other than… dinner or what have you.” She shook her head and picked up her fork to take another bite of her hash browns, which would have to do for now.

Great, now I want a fucking smoke.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Rory's brow furrowed as he considered what Daysha was saying, trying to catch up. It felt like he was back in school and had walked into the middle of a class and was getting the Cliff's Notes. The why of it all didn't bother him much.

I need to tell her the one about the frog and the scorpion.

"So your... father knows?"
    he asked. There was a clear tone of surprise, and he frowned.

"What... other 'more out there'?"

Things were getting strange. Next she would tell him the Illuminati and Knights Templar had been defending them from Grimm's Fairy Tales for centuries.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Know stuff, not want to know stuff… you’re fucking killing me here. She thought as Rory seemed surprised.

“Yeah. Like father like daughter I guess.” Daysha said with a hint of emotion that she tried to conceal.

“More out there… To be honest, I don’t know what’s all out there. I’ve seen many vampires, some slug thing and numerous uh victims that I can’t explain.” Daysha looked at Rory with humble eyes. “I’m just as curious as you are.” She sighed a little.

“I'm sorry if I’ve turned you off entirely. I really don’t know how to gage this anymore. It’s not one of those things that you just show up and do it. It’s complicated.”

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

"No, I...," Rory gestured, and looked out the window of the diner for a moment before returning his attention to Daysha.

"Maybe I was being naive?"
    he tried to clarify.

There were things he could tell people about the history of religion, doors that kept opening, dolls within dolls, and he had that feeling now.

Like I already took the red pill and she's shaking a new bottle at me.

He hadn't really defined it in his mind, and maybe he'd assumed it would be like an exorcism; show up, do something, story over.

"What kind of victims? Slug thing?"

Being a modern day vampire hunter like Van Helsing had a certain romanticism to it. Being the Orkin man did not.

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.