Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Tom's Diner

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

Wow I feel like an ass… and wow I am so uncultured. I need to watch and read more than 'True Crime'.

“And I’ve been pushing you with the other things. No, I haven’t read the book.” Guilt was heavy in her voice. “I didn’t take any of that into consideration earlier.” Every so slightly Daysha slumped a little in her seat. “Here I thought the teeth mess was hard part. I didn’t realize there was so much more.” She said it all as a realization and trying to further understand him. "So many little things that get taken for granted. Eating certain things every day, walking in the same doors, waking up nex..." Her voice trailed off.

Wait, where the hell did he say he was staying when we were at the bar?

Daysha was getting good at changing the subject (she hoped). “Do you want my help with household stuff? Believe it or not I’m fairly good with housekeeping and that crap. And looking for apartments is a bit easier than it seems when you figure out a few things.” She hesitated and opened her mouth but stopped abruptly.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"Oh, I am too," Rory answered, grinning broadly.

Foster homes didn't come with maids.

"But, sure, if you have any pointers, absolutely," he added. Part of him wanted to prove to himself that he could do it, in some Jobe-ian redemption silliness. The other part of him was much more practical, and realized that he could end up living in a dump, paying too much, in a bad part of town... the list went on and on.

Besides, friends did stuff together.

"And don't feel bad, I'm kind of relieved you don't think I'm some kind of helpless idiot for not knowing this stuff."

He paused, debating whether or not to continue.

"You want to talk about your ex? It sounds like he's still on your mind?"

Or she.

Rory tried to remember how Daysha had referred to the ex at confession. It definitely explain the casualness of her relationship with Lexi, if she were still hung up on this other person.

D
    Daysha Jackson

No, an idiot is a guy who leaves because snatch is better in Florida. I still wonder if Tony didn’t find some rich lady with a bad cough and a lot of money.

“Well that’s good. Honestly, every guy down at the precinct barely has a clue how to clean, cook or whatever. So, I don’t think you’re an idiot. And it takes a bigger man to be able to admit to that stuff.” A smile curled on one side of her face reassuring him.

“I’m not sure if you have a car, but I’d gladly drive you around looking for an apartment if you’d like. I have a lot of time before school starts.” Daysha rubbed her temple and pointed to the side. “Ya know it escapes me, where were you staying again?” She didn’t realize in her prior sentence something slipped.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk Rory, we’re talking about you.” Daysha said shaking her head. Cause that was one rabbit hole he didn’t need to go down yet.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

"Well, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but we're pretty much done," he answered with a lopsided grin.

"Not that I mind, that's just really all there is. I'm pretty simple."

Considering her words, he tried to think of Agent J Derevko cooking a meal, or vacuuming.

He couldn't.

All he could imagine was piles of styrofoam cups, cardboard boxes, and aluminum cans.

Rory got the hint, though, she didn't like talking about her personal life. He didn't mind; it was a sincere offer to listen, rather than prying, so he filed it away in the Do Not Disturb box.

So we dont call Alexis Kane 'low glam' and we don't talk about Daysha Jackson 's personal life.

Looking up, he realized he'd lapsed into silence. "Oh. Uh, I'm between places. Hoping to find something this weekend."

Rory frowned slightly, the admission sounding a bit embarrassed.

Who knew you couldn't do anything without a credit score?

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha felt as if it was some small personality stand off.

Rory may have thought he was boring, but it only made her more curious. A priest suddenly fired or whatever the term was. That doesn’t happen every day, and in his case it wasn’t because of some typical “the priest touched me.” sort of way.

“I think before we continue I should ask you this.” She paused and sighed not knowing how to word it. “What kind of friends do you want to be? The kind that talks about the food at a restaurant and the Eagle’s last game.” I think that was the team, basketball or something.

“Or the kind that talks about what something deeper than what we convey on the outside?”

Sighing again, Daysha looked in his eyes. “I’m sorry, I’m being blunt. Too often in the world we have shoulda, coulda, woulda situations.”

I think I suck at this. Nope I'm pretty sure I suck at this.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

"Oh, I absolutely want a friend to talk to about the Eagle's games," he replied.

He maintained a straight expression for a heartbeat, then grinned.

"At least, do they have to be mutually exclusive? Major football fan, I think the Eagles have a chance, even though they looked terrible in preseason so far."

Rory laid the menu down, and folded his hand on top of it, giving Daysha his full attention.

"Blunt is fine, I don't really believe in the society of apologists that we've become. Being accountable is the beginning of a state of grace."

He wasn't sure what she was getting at, unless it was just defensiveness or trust issues from her previous relationship. The need to quantify their friendship was a little strange, but maybe that's how it worked.

"What kind of friends do you want us to be?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

The waitressed cued from Rory’s closed menu and got their orders. Late night breakfast for Daysha and burger and fries for Rory.

She discreetly rubbed her forehead for a minute while the waitress was at the table. Daysha felt a little lost with the whole situation. And she wished she could smoke in the restaurant.

Daysha smiled at his whatever talk. “I’m not going to pretend to know anything about football. Although, I’m not opposed to learning. I kinda thought the Eagle’s were a basketball team.” She said with an oops look on her face.

“I feel like I’m making this more difficult than it needs to be and rushing things.” She shrugged and looked at Rory. “Maybe that’s why Tony left. I’m blunt and straight forward.” As she looked back at it now, that was only the tip of the iceberg.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

"Maybe he left because you wouldn't pretend to know anything about football," Rory replied, grinning.

The grin slipped, and he gave an apologetic look. "I'm sorry. It doesn't sound like you need any jokes about that..."

His words trailed off, but then he looked back over at Daysha.

"So, Tony? That's your ex, I take it? How long ago was that?"

For some reason, he had the urge to meet Tony, to see what he was like. See what he looked like, what his personality was.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Tony was interested in climbing the corporate ladder through the skirts of women higher up the ladder. His secretary use to give him notes on certain games so he could schmooze the bigwigs.” Daysha looked at the napkin and began rolling the edge. Fucking his way to the top was something he was good at.

She shrugged but didn’t look at Rory. “It’s ok the jokes don’t bother me any more. He left 12 years ago just gone with no child support, alimony or anything. I guess that’s why I’m too independent for most men.” What came out of her mouth sounded like it was rehearsed and repeated several times.

Daysha picked her hands through her hair and glanced down the aisle to the kitchen. She felt embarrassed by a failed marriage, but there was one good thing about the whole situation. Aaron.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

"Wow, you married young," Rory commented, digesting the information.

"So how many children do you have?"

He was surprised at her profession, that she would put herself at risk while a single parent.

Well. I guess... there's always... Alexis Kane ?

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.