Watch
61 - 69
DISPLAYED
Tom's Diner

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha shrugged. “I’m a little abrasive at times. Part of my…charm?”

She leaned in a little and lowered her voice just a tad. “You know how they have stuff on TV about man was mauled by a bear or something? How often do you really think there are bears in town?” She raised a finger. “What they don’t tell you is the man’s wallet and jewelry are missing. Some would think it was from a looter. But when their wedding ring was clawed off, what kind of intelligent bear does that?”

Taking a sip of coffee, debating on dessert she looked at the blue eyed man across from her. “Rory, what do you think of all of this?” Maybe he thinks I’m crazy…

She was pretty sure after tonight that he wouldn’t “like her” any more. Although she hoped she was wrong; Daysha enjoyed talking with him.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory leaned in unconsciously, as if they were conspirators or revolutionaries.

"It's... a lot."

Like, paranoid conspiracy theorist nothing is what it seems a lot.

He paused, and smiled humorlessly.

"A week ago I was this brave crusader discovering new evil... but I'm not. It sounds like you know... a lot more than I do."

Rory nodded to himself and drummed his fingers on the table for a moment.

"But I think this is... that I was shown this for a reason. That this is what He wants me to do."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Putting her hand to her temple for a moment, Daysha winced her face a bit. “I’m really sorry.” She laid her hand back on the table, still leaned in as she looked at Rory. “No one should have to go through this. But you are brave, by not shoving it to the side and pretending it didn’t happen.” Isn’t that right, mom.

“Apparently this is one of those, the lord works in mysterious ways, things.” Her brow furrowed for a moment which looked like contemplation. “I don’t want you to get involved with this crap if you don’t want to. But if this if your path is changing, I'd take that road with you.” She smirked for a moment. “Granted, I’ve been zigzagging, but not as bad as some who’ve strayed entirely.”

And yes, I mean Lexi after you two left. I still wonder what the hell happened... especially after you grabbed her boobs...

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Rory nodded.

It felt strange, like they should shake hands, or maybe even end with some call to action with a raised finger, anime-action style, or pinky swear, or any of the other many rituals used to commemorate momentous undertakings.

He poked his cold burger instead, as if the sesame seeds would yield up answers like tea leaves.

"No, I'm in, I'm totally about this,"
    he affirmed. She sounded like an AA person, offering to sponsor him.

I didn't get that drunk, did I?

"So... what do we do?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha was glad he was not put off by her… bluntness. Hopefully he doesn’t do what McPukey did at the sign of trouble or problems.

“Well, the next time I have an… outing, would you want to come along?” She asked Rory slowly. “I think you’d be helpful. I mean it’s not every day we have a, uh religious influence around to help out.”

Daysha leaned in further than before. “Can you, oh how do I put this without being insulting.” She paused a moment. Fuck it. “Can you defend yourself, at all? I mean if something lunged at you, would you be able to protect yourself?” It was one of those questions she had to ask.

I wonder if I bruised his ego....

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Rory paused to consider the question when she continued. He wasn't surprised and didn't blame her, especially when he'd alluded to just using religious tokens earlier.

"I, uh, I can take care of myself,"
    he answered, suddenly feeling strange about the question and answer.

"I box, something I picked up when I was a kid, and kept at it."

For some reason he wondered if she would think he was lying or bragging, and so he nodded and returned to her first question.

"Yeah, I think I would, want to come. How often do you do it?

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha felt a little guilty after he answered. “Sorry, I had to ask.” She sighed. “It may not seem like I worry, but I do.” Even about fucking Lexi.

“Maybe you could teach me a little about boxing… and I could teach you something about guns?” She smiled a little.

“How often do I do it?” I assume you mean looking for creepy shit. “Whenever stuff pops up. You never know when something appears out of nowhere and gives you a hard time. Or whatever the Old Man at the Spiral hears.” Pushing her plate to the side since they were done eating. “After you left a few more people trickled in.” I swear the old man handed out fliers. “Want me to call you? I can pick you up on the way.”

At least there may be a couple people with a brain on this outing... ugh.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

One of Rory's eyebrows dipped and the other raised at the dubious prospect of learning to shoot a gun. His initial reaction was to beg off the idea of deadly weapons, but no one ever killed Dracula with a boxing glove.

Maybe slugs.

Then again, they never shot Dracula, either.

"The... Spiral?"
    he asked. For him, it was a bar that looked like he could hit without running into anyone he knew.

And that went so well.

"I... don't even want to know, do I? So, you just wait until something... weird happens?"

If anyone else had said it, he'd laugh. Except she was a cop, and he supposed she had access to all sorts of weird police reports. Like that old show, X-Files.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“If you want to know, I’ll tell you. But… uh.” Daysha shook her head and rubbed her temple. “Let’s just say our patience will be tested… a lot.” Isn’t that right Jacque…

Leaning back shrugging, she sighed a little. “Well, the barman usually ‘knows’ stuff. Inside scoops, probably from the Irish asshole. Sometimes I come across a few cases here and there.” She pushed her hand forward and her finger up as to make a point. “And you know, now that you have an idea of what’s out there, maybe something will pop up with you.”

“And as friends, maybe we’ll learn more about each other along the way.” Looking at Rory with a slight smile.

Like that you intended to grab Lexi’s boobs and play dumb. I mean who knows.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.