Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 8 of 25 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

Bitch stop calling me Day…

“Do I look desperate enough to fuck someone in this bar Lexi?” Daysha retorted coldly but only at a slightly louder speaking voice.

Her eyes got wide as she turned to look at Rory Gordon . “Uh, I wasn’t meaning you. I mean, not that I don’t think you’re attractive, and not that i wouldn't be int..., I mean uh I just meant this bar is kinda filthy, uh not that you’re a filthy person.” Anyone got a shovel? Her hand slipped up her face and to her forehead. “Wow, I may have dug myself in pretty deep there.” Oh man that may have sounded like I hit on a priest, former priest, clergy. I just didn't want to hurt his ego since it seems like it's been pummeled already. I'm going to hell.

God I hope I didn’t just scare him away. “Yeah, that one likes to assume a lot of things about me.” She said as she pointed to the door at Alexis Kane on the other side.

It may have seemed like a mom thing that Daysha easily got back onto the conversation. “So yeah, late lunch is fine. I don’t have anything planned this weekend. I know a diner that we can talk at freely.” She cocked her brow with a questioning looking as if to ask, still wanna do this? Or it could have been save me from senorita psycho.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"Yeah, of course, I agree... lunch, that is," Rory answered, holding up his hands in a calming gesture to let her know he wasn't offended. There was a brief, wry smile that was gone as soon as it came, and he shook his head to clear the thoughts.

He looked at the door, weighing the fact that his presence wasn't a secret, but still less than reassured about the whole thing. Then again, he'd much rather have a conversation in the ladies' room than the mens'. The clash of mundane propriety during a conversation about killing vampires jarred him, keeping him from being able to focus on the wholly mundane or the wholly... not mundane.

"Lunch,"
    he repeated, nodding.

"Am... I calling you, or you calling me... or...,"
    he added, trailing off, thinking of their first meeting.

Finally, Sarah thought as she entered the bar. She'd driven around for ages looking for the damn place in a shitty part of town where, no doubt, a lot of her 'clients' would call home. But it was a place Sarah had to find and the only lead she was given following the last newsletter, '...The Spiral....oh, and watch out for the Old Man behind the bar. He's a bit cranky...'

Sarah looked around and saw the Old Man, trying not to flinch. He certainly lived up to his moniker and wondered if all those scars were real. Walking, albeit slowly, over to the bar, Sarah settles down on a stool (checking it first for any dubious stains) and waits to be served.

K
    Kazakin

The Old Man eyed the two women who entered suspiciously, as if he expected them to suddenly brandish badges and declare it was a raid. Or maybe he just didn't like serving on a bar, making it a mystery why exactly he owned one. Eventually, he gave a grunt at the unusually busy upper floor.

"Alright, what do you kids want?" He said, in a tone that strongly implied that if he had to serve one more pink shot, someone was having their fingers broken.

Sarah followed the bartender's gaze and question, seeing the second woman whom she must have passed without even realizing. However, in an effort to be as friendly as possible (ie. not die in this shithole), Sarah replies, "Just a Bud, please."

I
    Irina

Sara skimmed the array of drinks behind the bartender with a critical eye. Her father had never been much of a drinker, and would probably have frowned at her being in a bar. Heck, her father would have frowned on a lot of things that she had done in the last few years. Just as well that he wasn't here then.

"Same," she responded in a gruff, no nonsense voice. It didn't sound like she was the pink cocktail kind of person. Harlowe yanked out a few bills, and set them down on the bar. Just one, and then she would be on her way.

K
    Kazakin

The Old Man turns around and uncaps a couple of dusty bottles, pushing them across the bar.

"That's $2.40 each."
    He says sharply, eying them both, just in case they suddenly spring a Pink Squirrel or a Frozen Black Irish on him. Goddamn that Abbey girl and her drinks.

Taking the bottle and Sarah withheld the urge to blow the dust clear. Instead she slid the correct change across the bar after rummaging through her purse. "Thanks," she added with a smile, trying to ease the tension from her nervousness by being as polite as possible. However, she did leave the bottle where it stood. When the barman turns away, Sarah looks across to the other woman with an appraising eye and a small smile. "Seems like we've both turned up just in time for happy hour," she jokes, lightheartidly. "Name's Sarah."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Whew, he didn’t think I was coming onto him. Or was that a Freudian…. Nah. Well… ?“Lunch it is. I can call you. Do you want me to pick you up?” Daysha asked Rory Gordon , not even giving a blink to her prior flub.

Glaring a the door she said rather irritated. “We should probably get back out there. Someone gets a bit overzealous sometimes when she wants something.” Rolling her eyes at Alexis Kane . “Besides, I don’t think it was a good idea to leave Derevko out there this long with her. He may strangle her if she doesn’t shut her yapper.” Cause god knows I want to sometimes. Sorry Agent J Derevko , I should have known.

Unlocking the bathroom door, then whipping it open hoping Lexi jumped. “What was so important?” Asking blankly with a not-even-close to freshly-fucked appearance. Daysha glanced around seeing there were a couple other people in the bar. Wow, did they start advertising?

I
    Irina

Ah, happy. The other reason people come to bars. The dim internal thought wasn't spoken aloud however. Harlowe didn't particularly want to spoil the mood for anyone else.

Aw, heck. Maybe it'd be nice to loosen up a little bit; or at least make an attempt in that general direction.

"Looks that way," Sara offered, and flashed a smile that appeared generally relaxed. She offered a hand to the other newcomer. "Harlowe," she greeted.

Page 8 of 25 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.