Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 3 of 25 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

You have got to be shitting me… Wow I fucking pegged that one a while back.

Daysha glared for a moment and then let it pass. She was very good at recognizing faces, but his eyes stuck out the most. Making a habit of always putting a face with a name, she recalled his well. She made a fist under the table for a moment. The guy that made her question herself, god and countless other bullshit standing in a bar before her.

“That would be Fa,” She stopped seeing he wasn’t in his normal priestly blacks. “Rory Gordon.” She said with a smile and clenched teeth. “Have a seat.” Gesturing quickly to the remaining one at the table. Cause I REALLY want to know why the fuck you are in a bar! She also wondered if he was going to start asking her why she hadn’t been to church, or called him or whatever. Sitting back and crossing her legs, Daysha had a blank look on her face, studying the quartet around the table.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Well, this was awkward.

He'd avoided all of his peers and regular parishioners -- just not the one-off who he still didn't know what to make of. For a few days, he'd wondered if she'd witnessed Something, but then had enough of his own Jabberwockys to worry about.

Derveko's appraisal was returned; Rory'd seen and heard enough soul-less burnouts who thought that not getting a raise for four years or finding out a spouse or child they'd ignored had found someone who didn't ignore them... architects of their own misery but more than willing to blame Him whom they'd never made an effort to know in any other way than as a convenient scapegoat.

He'd almost answered when Daysha did it for him, and he raised his eyebrows at the glare. Hadn't he told her there was nothing wrong with drinking? Of course that assumed she couldn't tell this wasn't his first. If he didn't already feel guilty, he might have. Don't judge; he still had a good day or two before he'd need judgment.

Alexis seemed to be the only one that wasn't looking at him like he owed them money, and he smiled briefly. The clothes seemed out of place, but he wasn't a regular. Maybe the late crowd got classier.

"You sure?" he asked, looking skeptical, focusing his question on Daysha. "I'm not intruptin' anything?"

K
    Kazakin

Derevko absently ran his index finger down the thick, knotted scar on his left cheek. A touch more, and it would have given him a permant, gaping smile. So this guy was a 'Fa-something'. Faggot? Father? Farrier? Feh, fuck that. He hated guessing games enough as it was, without giving himself a lovely little insight into whatever the Hell Daysha had been up to with this guy. Probably not a perp though. No cop with half a brain cell would get some perp to sit and drink with them.

"Nah, you're not interrepting anything, Rory," Derevko drawled, his eyes flickering back to his new drink. Well, there was no fucking lemon in it. What the Hell sort of name was Rory, anyway? Sounded like something you called some rich, spoilt little fuckface from Europe. Probably one who owned a Prius. "Just a couple of people drinking." the heavily scarred man sniffed the air, smelling the reek of booze on Rory's breath. "Looks like you beat us to it, though."
    4 successes

"Well, he was smart to get a head start," Lexi said throwing the pink shot down. "I mean, judging by how you both welcomed him, he'd need to already have a few drinks in him. Go on and have a seat, Rory, the invitation is open. At least for now," she offered wryly, shooting Daysha a questioning look.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“So Lexi, what was in the pink shot?” Daysha smirked and lit another cig.

Daysha looked at Rory still puzzled as to why he was in their bar. But then again, she hadn’t been coming to the Spiral for more than six months. “Nah, you’re not interrupting. Derevko and I were just talking about work.” She shrugged pointing with her bottle then taking a drink.

“Then Lexi here appeared since her date canceled. Men are jerks sometimes.” Daysha shook her head a little.

“So Rory, what brings you here tonight?” Deciding to be pleasant for a minute or two.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Rory took a drink of the lager while the trio spoke, trying to figure out the group dynamic. Watching Jonathan touch his scar and linger on his name, he wouldn't be surprised if the man was trying to get his mack on and saw his chances fading. He reminded him of boys in the home who established their place by attacking new arrivals.

Or maybe Rory just looked drunk, and he didn't like drunks.

He sat, after considering the option of going and sitting at the bar by himself. It was unappealing on many levels, least of all it hadn't been particularly fun the night before.

"Thanks,"
    he said, smiling slightly.

"I'll say it properly with the next round," he added, giving the remnants of the pink shot got a dubious look, and Lexi a sympathetic one at being stood up.

Another long drink was required as he pondered Daysha's question. That, and a long mental Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

He ripped it off like a band-aid.

"I'm celebrating the uni taking me on full-time since I got fired from my old job."

He sat the glass down and gave Daysha a wry smile. There, happy?

Of course, now she probably thought he was a child molester.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Nearly choking on her cider and dropping her cig in the ashtray. There were a million things going through her head. Oh shit…fired? For what? Oh this isn’t good. Are you kidding me?

“Congrats on the uni thing.” She paused, her head loaded with questions. “Can I have a word with you, Rory.” Daysha was unnervingly calm, for her. “In private.?” Taking in a breath then a drag of her cig while looking down, hiding the quick glare in her eyes.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko internally groaned. Oh, that's just fucking great, Jackson, leave me alone with the death wish girl. He gave a little shrug, figuring he could probably get the girl to piss off if she really started bothering the Hell out of him. At least she wasn't Grace. God, he didn't need to think about Grace right now.

Why the fuck did he always end up thinking about Grace when he didn't want to? It was like the Goddamn woman was some sort of mind-limpet, latching on and never letting go. Fuck her. Fuck her and her dumbass husband. He didn't need any of them. He'd been independant since his Goddamn mother couldn't be bothered to put down the syringe for five minutes to make sure her kid had food.

"...Have fun, Jackson,"the heavily scarred Agent said with a shrug, and glanced at Lexi. "So... where do you know the Detective from?" That was about the extent of Derevko's small-talk reserves.

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

He wasn't exactly counting, but he figured he had at least a couple more weeks before he wanted to talk about it. For sure a couple more nights.

The worst part was that he could own the bender. That was his, and between him and The Man.

Leading other astray? That was something else. A lot of people thought that Goddamnit was taking the Lord's name in vain. It wasn't. Not really.

"Ummmm, sure,"
    he answered Daysha Jackson , standing after having just sat. "Of course."

He left the beer.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha was surprised that Rory Gordon agreed. With Rory following her, she walked down the hallway where the bathrooms were and paused for a moment, considering taking him downstairs. She didn’t know what he may know, if he knew anything. There were plenty of patrons in the joint that were oblivious.

She opened the door to the women’s bathroom and ushered him in. She checked the two stalls then locked the main door.

“Sorry it’s the ladies, I can’t take you…” She stopped herself. “Never mind.” Yet, cause I don’t know what your deal is bucko.

“So, fired? When did that happen?” Having more questions of course, but starting out slowly. She hopped up on the counter on the sink. Patience Daysha… answers first.

Page 3 of 25 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.