Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
221 - 230
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 23 of 25 First ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last

Sarah nodded when it seemed some were interested in what she had said, which was nice, and most probably out of politness.

"The Null Mysteriis are a Compact," Quinn began, trying not to sound like she was giving a lecture, "one of a few, really. Call us crazy but we're just a bunch of like-minded science geeks and academic nerds who try to find some rationale to," she waved a hand towards the notice board, "all of this."

When Nicole mentioned about the missing woman who kept seeing someone else with her face, Quinn said, "I too am interested in investigating this case. Hopefully, the poor woman can be found." Removing some of her professional cards, Quinn offers them out. "Just in case anyone's interested in joining me."

I
    Irina

Harlowe took the offered card and skimmed it over, with a quick glance before slipping it into her wallet to join an assortment of others. Mostly, from the bright coloured card that jotted out of the slots, they appeared to be from takeaways in the area. "Been a while since I worked with geeks," she murmured. Rather than sounding disdainful in her retort, Harlowe appeared almost wistful.

She slid the wallet back into the inner pocket of her jacket and stepped closer to the board again, her expression knitting into careful concentration. "Well they all need need...at some point or other. But yeah, someone seein' their face plastered t'someone else...it's a bite."

I
    IberianCastaway

If anyone had said what Jackson said to him a couple months ago he'd have to send them to the hospital out of sheer fucking principle. However, though Jacque was a self admitted asshole he wasn't stupid or high enough to assault a police officer here. Instead the anger that welled up inside him, remained just that, inside. He nodded curtly and picked up some paper sheets for wipe up.

After throwing everything into waste bin he moved to the sink, turning on the tap. He eyed Miss Quinn, insofar the only person in this bar that showed him genuine, if completely undeserved, kindness. "Alright, so these Compacts seem pretty cool, I mean I'd prefer just to destroy a creature rather than measure it with a- shit, what do you call it, it's a...measuring stick- no, no a ruler right? Anyways beggars can't be choosers so it's up to you ladies to decide where we should go."

Jennifer Hazelton

"I'll join you in investigating the face situation," She said to Sarah and Harlowe.
    "Should we divide up and investigate; meet back up for dinner somewhere?"

She gives Jack a curious look. She didn't know a thing about compacts; but was quite
    sure they required dedication.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“I can check out the other one. Whoever wants to join me is more than welcome to.” Daysha said glancing around the room. “Let’s throw down our phone numbers so we can meet up later.”

She got up and grabbed a notepad and a pen from the side counter and sat back on the table. Writing her first name and number on the paper, then sliding it across. “There may be one other person joining myself, although who knows at this point.” Wondering if Rory would be up for it by then after their lunch. Lexi on the other hand, who the hell knows.

"But let's plan on doing this another night." ** She checked her watch. "It's 2 am and I'm exhausted."

(** Continuity reasons.)

Quinn took Daysha's number, agreeing that the night was indeed late, which seemed equally strange. In all the stories of monsters, didn't they prefer night to day?

Maybe that's just myth also, she thought as she handed out more cards.

"I think I should head home," she said before adding, "I must admit, I was nervous about coming. I'm kind of relieved to find there are others who share my fears." With a final glance, Quinn said her goodnights and headed away, pondering further about the sleep-patterns of the monsters.

Jennifer Hazelton

"I hadn't noticed how late it was," Nicole noted, checking her wrist watch. She also wrote down the number to her cell phone; sharing her first name.

I
    Irina

Harlowe hadn't noticed the time either, but it seemed slightly redundant to point it out. She remained quiet as she jotted down a cell phone number, with Harlowe scrawled across the top of the paper.

"Before we rush around pairing up like kids in the playground, I'd suggest we pool our skills first. Get an idea of who can do what. Next time, ain't a damned use starting a conversation like that now, if we're half asleep."

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Hey Quinn." Forn Clakes Daysha she hollered and shook her head with a what the fuck look on it. "Hang on a minute."

Daysha nodded to Harlow. "Yeah we should do that before we rush out of here. Otherwise we're flying blind." She stifiled a yawn. "Even though I'm slightly tired we should set this out."

She looked at Jacque, waiting for him to interject. Or throw up, whichever.

I
    IberianCastaway

Jacque took the pen and scribbled out his number and wrote below it: 'Ask for Jack Martin' underlining it. He didn't quite like the fact that he was giving away his phone number to strangers, especially to strangers who were cops, but given the circumstances he was willing to reluctantly oblige. "I don't really sleep, insomnia y'know, so don't worry about the time when calling me." He sighed then added, "and I'll be around this area till sunrise if you need me, trawling for stuff."

He glanced at Harlowe. "Yeah so skills, I dunno I guess Je peux fais vole le cerveau d'un corse de trente mètres avec mes neuf millimètres, uh and time management, and continuous learning." Jacque laughed. "What do you mean by skills Miss?"

Page 23 of 25 First ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.