Ended
Watch
211 - 220
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 22 of 25 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
    I
    Irina

Harlowe was willing to reserve judgement, but the last person who tried to do good by talking to their internet pals had been a raging idiot with a death wish. No suicidal tendencies had been displayed by the new girl so far, and through the air of suspicion, Harlowe felt a little bit of relief.

She responded with an abrupt nod. "Harlowe," she stated simply. It was getting far too crowded for her liking- but it could have been a damned sight worse. They could each have been demanding introductions down the barrel of several guns, for one.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Now this shit’s out on video?? What! I hope she means the news.

“I’m Detective Daysha Jackson.” She said to the gal. Daysha’s body language tensed more than usual at the mention of children. “It’s one thing when they fuck with adults. Kids are another story.” There was nothing about her tone that said ask for details.

She glanced at Jacque wondering why he was suddenly quiet. He seemed to be the chattery sort. If he’s anything like Lexi, I better make sure my duct tape supply is fully stocked in the trunk.

“So… we all found this place for some reason or another. It seems the question of now what is hanging in the air.” Daysha asked as she sipped her coffee and glanced at them all. "It seems that Nicole is looking for something, how about the rest of you?"

Jennifer Hazelton

Nicole nodded to Hawlowe at the woman's introduction in what she hoped was a friendly gesture. A bit surprised to find so many in this basement- and
    none of them pimply overweight fan boys with camcorders- she lapsed into silence. The guys may have relied on her; but these women were sounding pretty independent.

She moved closer to the women; scanning the quiet man in the group.

"Answers, mainly," Quinn replies to Daysha, "to what is actually going on in the world. My own experience was so fleeting and," she paused for a moment, searching for the right word, "accidental. I was not attacked by some vampire, but experienced the machinations of another through means I can not explain other than a very skilled hypnotist." She looked down, not because she felt ashamed but because she could feel her knees shaking, which certainly would not do.

"So yes, Detective, I am looking for something too."

I
    IberianCastaway

"Heh, well uh you guys really aren't the type for, eh, subtlety." Jacque chuckled, shifting his weight from one leg to another, “My name is uh, you can call me Jack Miss Port- My nam- oh sorry I already said that part, uh you want to know why I'm here? Um I guess because- well obviously I'm not a native- but why I'm here..."

Jacque laughed again. How much information should I be giving out- fuck why is it so hot- come on bro why are you here?"

"I guess I'm here... I'm here... well just because there gets a point in your life where you can't look at yourself in the mirror anymore Y’know? I-I mean have you ever read Jean-Paul Sartre, La Nausée? Or closer to home, Hemingway's Snows of Kilimanjaro? It's like that I mean, w-where he says: 'We must burn the fat from our souls'. This is 'ah it’s my way, of eh... saving my soul."

Jacque started to laugh but was cut off, he clutched his stomach and began to sweat profusely. "Uh, sorry ladies could you just move to the side for a second?"

He smiled weakly before pulling out the wastebasket hidden under the counter, apologizing all the way. He then leaned over and proceeded to empty the half digested contents of his stomach into the plastic container.

Jennifer Hazelton

"That had to be disturbing," Nicole frowned at hearing Sarah's account. "I've heard talk of unnatural things like that.. but to lose the sanctity of your mind..."

She trailed off; shaking her head at imagining how it would feel like to lose control of your body. It had to have been terrifying.
    "I hope the Null Mysterius brought you comfort. I'm unfamiliar with them."

Nicole turned and listened to Jacque not entirely sure of where he was going. As he was sick; she grimaced and looked away. She felt around her
    purse; coming out with a packet of Altoids that she offered the man.

She opened her mouth to try and reassure... or perhaps emphasize with him; but fumbled around for the right words.
    "Its never easy figuring these things out."

I
    Irina

It was...interesting, hearing what strange circumstances had led the other three to this place: the bar, the basement. Harlowe refrained from divulging her own initial experiences, and instead simply responded with a cliff-noted version of recent events. "Got caught up in some shit in Detroit. It didn't end pretty, but things like that are rarely sunshine and fuckin' roses."

She glanced briefly at Jacque, to ensure he at least wasn't going to choke on his own vomit. When Harlowe was relatively sure that wouldn't happen, her attention returned to the ones who could keep the contents of their stomach intact. "So, what now?"

I
    IberianCastaway

Your fucking falling part bro. Don't you ever get drugs from this city again, never ever again.

Jacque wiped off the excess bile from his lips with the sleeve of his equally dirty leather jacket. Despite having just puked his guts out, or perhaps because of it, he was at ease now, he felt a cleansing like aura enveloped his body and washed away all the toxic stuff bunched up inside him. Slowly but surely Jacque's fucked up high was coming to an end.

Jacque waved away Nicole's gift, hastily saying, "I don't take pills I don't pick out myself. No offense, it's just my thing."

He collected himself, combing his hair and adjusting his clothes in a half hearted attempt to appear normal. "So, uh, what are these Nill Mystery's your talking about?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

Did Jacque go in the wrong door? This isn’t a fucking halfway house.

As Frenchy threw up, she rolled her eyes. Great… just fucking great. “Your mother doesn’t work here, make sure you clean that up. Jacque.” She took a sip of coffee and hadn’t moved from her seat. Reaching into her pocket, she slapped a piece of gum on the table and slid it off to the side closet to him.

“Anyway…” Daysha was staring to like Harlowe. “This isn’t a walk in the park.”

“That board over there is a clear indication of the shit that barely makes the news. Maybe we should try checking something out over there, split up and see what's going on.” She ran her hands through her hair and looked at the women… Daysha cocked her eyebrow and asked. “Do any of them fall under Mysteries?" Whether McPuky can handle this is the real mystery.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Board?"

Nicole perked up as she glanced to the aforementioned board. Having never come across it before; she walked over and studied the postings it contained.

"This one is creepy," She indicates the final entry about someone's face being every where. "I'd definitely
    want to check that out. Although the slugs going after fangs is pretty damn... out there."

She moves back to the group. "I'm for checking out those two. I have some experience in investigation. I normally ride with some fat
    fanboys with madpowers of wiki -fu,"
    Eye roll. "- so I'm normally the 'whack things with night sticks until it turns to goop' girl. I'm up for riding with whoever."

Page 22 of 25 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.