Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 2 of 25 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko shrugged, giving a sort of knock yourself out gesture towards the chairs.

"Guy was a friend of mine, that's all. Good man. Shouldn't've been forced to retire," Jonathan said, taking a drag on his cigarette. "Unsolved cases are a bitch. Usually 'cause there's no witnesses or they clam the fuck up. And then the public whines 'why aren't you doing your fucking job?' Because you bastards aren't talking, that's why." His gaze flickered over Alexis as she smilled at him, and the serrated eyebrow twitched. He gave a little nod back.

"Ex-work colleague, yeah. Jonathan Derevko."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha looked at Lexi as she sat down. “I hear ya Lexi, I'm tired of them thinking my schedule revolves around their world. Fucking douchetards.” The last snippet under her breath as she took a drag. “So, you’re gettin your drink on tonight?”

I wonder if Lexi tells her dates or potential ones what she does in her spare time. Maybe mom’s right, I do sound like a man hater.

“Yeah, that’s still dad’s biggest pet peeve.” She said turning to Jonathan. “Then again some people aren’t doing their damn jobs either, that’s part of the problem.” She shrugged. Daysha didn’t sound accusatory, but it may have come off that way since she was fairly deadpan most of the time.

Hm, I’ll have to remember to ask dad about that one…

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory stepped into the dive sporting two days worth of stubble and a set of glazed eyes that looked pinched; as if everything were too bright. He'd have stayed at home again, but there wasn't anything left to drink; he'd woken up still slightly drunk.

He wore a non-descript plaid that probably came off of a bargain rack, untucked tails over black slacks that he had a half dozen matching sets of. The beauty of a shithole like this, is that no one he knew would be here.

Or used to know.

His eyes squeezed closed for a second and he ran a hand over them. He knew why Corey Hart wore sunglasses at night.

"D'y have any
    Tennent's Lager?" he asked, tapping knuckles softly on the bar.

"Nice to meet you John," the Abbey gal said, taking a seat. She extended her hand to give a quick shake, looking not even a tad guilty about interrupting the previous conversation. They had invited her over, after all. "But yeah, I think its safe to say the date's not gonna happen. Not now anyways. So in the meantime I'm gonna imitate that guy," she laughed, gesturing at Rory, "and 'get my drink on'. At least the barman knows how to make his drinks strong."

K
    Kazakin

The Old Man gives Rory a look over, with an expression that says he doesn't entirely approve of people rapping their knuckles on his bar.

"Might have some cans in the back,"
    he growls, and heads towards the door behind the bar. He apparently didn't approve of people ordering strange, foreign lager, either.

K
    Kazakin

"I always did my damn job," Derevko said, around his cigarette. It wasn't exactly a defensive tone, either. More faintly exasperated with the memories that were being provoked. Oh, yeah, I did my damn job. I did my damn job so fucking much, I came home and found my wife screwing another guy's brains out. Who she then married. And is now cheating on him. With me. Fuck, I don't want to think about this shit, that's why I came the fuck out to begin with.He internally grimaced when Lexi called him 'John'. For some reason, he'd just never liked the name much.

"Probably not a fucking terrible idea,"the Agent drawled to Lexi, shaking his head very slightly. "Drinking's the first step to a better night out."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Surrrre ya did your job buddy... Granted, she didn't know the man that well, although dad probably knew what his deal was. Daysha had no where to be that night, and her son was at her parents. Too bad she didn’t have a date, although it would probably end up like Lexi’s night.

“Ya know Derevko, a drink’s not a bad idea. In fact, I’ll buy us around.” Daysha got up and walked over to the bar.

She wasn’t far from Rory, although she couldn’t see his face, so she didn’t know who he was. She saw the Old Man rummaging for something and spoke anyway. “Hey when you get a chance, can I get a jack’n coke no lemon, some shot that’s pink, a cider lager for myself” She didn’t even look at Rory. “And I’ll buy whatever this guy wants too.” The man seemed to look slightly disheveled, and her mood was fair tonight. She slapped some money on the counter, which was well over what the cost of the drinks were and walked back to the table.

“Lexi I got you something pink, in a shot. I’m sure he’ll surprise us.” She shrugged. Leaning into Lexi and whispering. “No idea who that is, must be new. Kinda scruffy from the profile but I didn’t gawk.” She gave a wink and gesture of go for it with her head. "Derevko, yours is coming too." Although this was hardly a place to pick up men. Whatever floats your boat Lexi...

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

The bartender surprised him; he'd felt a minor bit of chagrin as soon as he'd ordered something other than Bud This or Bud That. Heck, now he was curious if the man could make a proper Irish coffee.

Daysha's voice tugged at his memory, but didn't pierce the haze and cobwebs of old alcohol. About the only thing that did was that she had thrown his drink in as well. The sad part about a bender was that there were expensive. He hadn't really realized just how expensive 'life' was, now that he wasn't provided living quarters.

Gesturing to the Old Man, he gathered up the drink order. Either he was paying off the bartender for having Tennent's, or saving his alcoholic benefactor a trip. Or both.

"Figured this was the least I could do to say thanks,"
    he said, approaching the table with the drinks.

"Pink huh? Seems you know me well, girl," Lexi mocked, downing the remnants of her B-52. She leaned in to Daysha as Rory set down the drinks, murmuring to her, mischief in her eyes. "If you're not gonna gawk, I think I will. He can really pull off that rough-around-the-edges look."

True to her word she studied Rory's features and shot him a bright smile.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko's gaze flickered up to Rory, and he quirked an eyebrow. This kid was what Lexi thought was rough around the edges, huh? Another idiot who thought that a 'bad boy' was not shaving and drinking for a couple of nights. Probably was gonna end up getting beaten by one of those bad boys and wondering why the fuck she couldn't change him, momma. His skin crawled, and he slugged down the rest of his Jack and coke without commenting. He fucking hated people who threw themselves into that sort of situation, and then wondered why everything had gone wrong.

"Hey," the scarred Agent said to Rory, wondering how the fuck he'd ended up in a group of four after coming out for a quiet drink. "Jonathan Derevko, Lexi something-or-other, Daysha Jackson. Now the introductions are outta the way, you are?"

Page 2 of 25 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.