Ended
Watch
151 - 160
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 16 of 25 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha’s eyes perked a little when Quinn spoke. “Prison psychologist? That has to be very interesting. Maybe even book worthy.”

Nodding at Harlowe. “Yeah, I’ve mixed up baking powder with baking soda in cookie.” Daysha made a winced face. “Those were needless to say… nasty. Of course I’ve encountered nastier things than just cooking mishaps.”

She glared at Derevko. Whine whine whine like a bitch…

“So, I hope you’re in a better mood now with a new drink minus essence of vomit.” Speaking directly at Derevko.

K
    Kazakin

"First time I tried to cook, I was trying to add chili powder to eggs and the top of the container came off. Pretty much the whole jar hit the hot oil in the pan and... well, it was like being fuckin' peppersprayed in the face, actually," Derevko said, clearly making an effort to join in. "Whole apartment smelt like burnt chili for weeks. Never tried that again." He glanced towards Daysha and gritted his teeth, just very slightly.

"Yeah, I'm just peachy, thanks." Stop mocking me, you goddamn bitch, or I swear to God I'll knock your- calm down, for fuck's sake!

I
    Irina

"So what I've gathered from this conversation, is that if I ever throw a party and need extra hands to make dips and shit...I won't ask you guys for help. "Somehow I doubt baking soda nibbles and pepper spray eggs would make me a hit," Harlowe answered, her tone quite obviously joking.

As though she would ever throw a party.

She settled back in her chair, knocking back the second drink as she studied the newcomers in front of her. Well they seemed normal, chatty, friendly.

Shall I reiterate again how normal this is? It's a pity D ain't here; he could use the relaxation.

"Well, maybe, one day," Sarah replied to Daysha. It had crossed her mind before but more experience would be needed for sure. Besides, she was still trying to come up with another submission for the N.M. newsletter.

Speaking of which, Sarah looked round for the Old Man, and wondered if the connections she knew were correct. He didn't exactly look like a typical Hunter, but then again, who did?

D
    Daysha Jackson

While Derevko and the other women were talking, Daysha had finished the shot that Lexi left on the table.

“I’m sure you can totally relate to being pepperspradyed, huh Derevko?” There was a joking smile, but she was getting a little more tipsy now. Note to self, don’t eat at the Derevko house.

She took another swing of the Cider and looked from Quinn to Harlow. “Ya know, the last party I was at, I got called away for a homicide. Then two buildings away, dispatch said they had a report of some strange attack. Fucking vampires.” Daysha rolled her eyes. “No wonder I don’t go out much.”

I should drink more. This feels good.

K
    Kazakin

"...No, but hey, thanks for assuming I'm a fucking pervert too," Derevko said, his scarred brow furrowing as Daysha prodded at him. What the shit? Why the fuck would I be used to being peppersprayed? Even Grace never peppersprayed me, no matter how fucking pissed off she got.

The scarred Agent stood up when Daysha started mentioning vampires. Yeah, he wasn't gonna sit here and be made fun of.

"Yeah, you know what? I'm gonna go smoke outside. Have fun, ladies." He walked towards the door.

I
    Irina

The start of Daysha's story seemed to have the telltale early signs of a classic cop story; and Harlowe paused in her drinking to listen to the drunken ramblings. She didn't particularly care if the story was true or was heavily embellished, if it would take her mind off her own less than savoury stories, it was fine by her.

The latter half of the cop's story however, made her swallow rather too much beer at once and she gagged it down with a firm swallow.

Vampires? So...secretly off her rocker or a hint of truth?

It would have been difficult to glean too much without looking like a complete psychotic, so Harlowe went for the mildly disbelieving angle while peering at Sarah to get an idea of her reaction.

"Vampires, huh?"

She paused, raising her half-empty bottle of beer toward Derevko. "Don't smoke 'em all...might be needing a couple after this."

1 Success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-09-01 17:23:03 Sara Harlowe rolls 4 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 8, 3, 7, 1 1 success

Sarah quirked an eyebrow as she glanced towards Harlowe, a questioning look for sure.

It said, I want to hear more....

"Was it messy?"

Seemed like the most obvious question really.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Wow, did he forget that was part of skills training?” Unless he’s that old and can’t remember. Maybe they didn’t do that in his time. “Derevko?” She hollered, but didn’t really go farther than that.

Noting the spark that may have glinted in the eyes of the two women, Daysha decided to continue. She leaned forward, as if trying to keep it down a little. Her voice wasn’t a whisper but private conversation style. “Ya know, some days catching those fuckers can be difficult.” She shook her head when Quinn asked. “No, wasn’t really messy at the attack. The victims couldn’t really recall what happened. Just some bite marks and a little blood.”

Daysha was still tispy, but not enough to forget that night. “About the homicide, let’s just say the police are still investigating it.” There was a disgusted look on her face for just a moment.

Looking from Quinn to Harlowe her face puzzled. "So, why do you ask?"

K
    Kazakin

Derevko glanced back over his shoulder briefly as he moved towards the doors, but he saw the women go into what looked for all the fucking world like a huddle. Maybe they'd join hands and cast the magic three or whatever the fuck Wiccans were supposed to do. Vampires. Fucking vampires! As if five seconds on the job hadn't taught him that humans didn't need monsters to be the sickest fucks that ever did fuck.

The lighter that Grace had given him fumbled in his fingers, and he opened the silver cigar case with their wedding date engraved on it. For a moment, as always, he considered scratching it out. But he couldn't forget. And even if Grace was fucking pissed at him at the moment, he could still remember their last night together.

Far too recently, far too long ago. Far too fucked up to do again, but unthinkable to find a fucking alternative.

Sweet mother of fuck, I'm a wreck. Calm down. Smoking is fucking awesome. Calm the fuck down, Derevko.

Page 16 of 25 First ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.