Ended
Watch
141 - 150
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 15 of 25 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko's expression flickered as he looked at the drink. For a split second, it looked like he might smash the glass off the table, his expression darkened and vicious. But then the ghost of it seemed to pass, and he just stood up, flexing his hands uncomfortable. A faint citrus smell moved with him.

"Better go get that remade," he said bluntly. "Otherwise I'm liable to puke. 'Scuse me a moment. Hi, whoever you are." The heavily scarred agent walked over to the bar, keeping his breathing slow.

I'm fucking sure she didn't do that on purpose. Let it go. Don't start a fight in a crowded bar. You're fine. Let it go. Don't get involved. You're going to end up in another fucking fight, don't ruin your face any more than it already is. Come on, Derevko, you're fucking fine, calm the fuck down!

Well, he don't look too friendly, Sarah thought as she turned towards the table Daysha mentioned, drink in hand. "Thank you very much, Daysha," Sarah replied with an polite tone as her eyes wondered about the man she had mentioned; Derevko. "I'm Sarah, Sarah Quinn. Thanks for the drink, much appreciated," she added as she followed the woman to the table but when Derevko stood to leave, the psychologist couldn't help but frown at his obviously negative and aggressive manner. "Well, he seems rude."

I
    Irina

He looks about as good as I feel, Harlowe thought humourlessly. Perhaps she had just gotten better at hiding it, and he still needed to learn.

"Or distracted," Harlowe offered as an explanation, as she pulled out a seat and parked herself down at the table. "Probably ain't deaf though," she added, as Derevko strode toward the bar. It didn't seem like an altogether good idea to insult people her first outing in a new city.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Something crawled up his ass and died.” Daysha whispered as she leaned into the two women at the table. She shrugged. “So, really, what brings you into this particular bar?”

It was becoming obvious Daysha was a little tipsy.

“Nice to meet you Sara…. wait, your name is Sarah too.” She lit another cig. “Fuck it, you’re now Quinn and Harlowe.” She smiled and then it dropped immediately. “Sorry, force of habit from being in law enforcement for so many years.”

Daysha took another drink and glanced at the door. She rolled her eyes for a moment. She pulled out her phone about to text -Let me know if it’s good. Alexis Kane . Then deleted before it was sent. Ugh I don’t really care and I think I’m starting to feel the liquor.

"Yeah, I should have guessed really," Sarah replied, smiling but leaning away slightly from the tipsy Daysha. It wasn't that she was opposed to drinking, it was just that she really didn't want to have to catch anyone who fell because they couldn't hold their drink. She did laugh however at being linked to Harlowe like some kind of cheesy 70s cop show.

When she mentioned about being in law enforcement, Sarah raised her eyebrows. "Oh, really, you're a police officer? You must have had some hairy moments."

I
    Irina

Harlowe figured that she could relax relatively easily in the knowledge that, even if she got a little bit tipsy later on; this Daysha chick was still a few drinks ahead of her. If the former soldier did anything idiotic, there would at least be somebody else - possibly - doing something worse, to take the heat off her.

And perhaps we can just avoid any future mishaps tonight, but not over-indulging.

Uncle Tommy would have suggested, with a multi-coloured cocktail in hand, that she indulge repeatedly lest she turn into her father. Harlowe still didn't see anything too wrong with that picture.

"Quinn and Harlowe works for me,"
    she remarked casually, and gave an easy shrug. If someone started to follow them around blaring out a dramatic theme tune though, things were going to get creepy.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Hmmm coffee or more liquor… decisions decisions….

Daysha lit another cig and blew it off to the side. She though she should probably maintain some sort of composure being she was in law enforcement. She wondered if actors playing superheros felt like this. Not being able to do whatever you want and being scrutinized if you did.

But took another drink from the brewed beverage in the bottle in front of her… slowly. Daysha wondered how many times she’d have to ask them how they heard about this place? For the sake of repeating herself, she didn’t ask again.

“Hairy situations.” She smirked a little. Was that before or after I discovered the creepy shit? “Working in homicide, ya never know what you’ll see or find.” Waiving a hand between the two of them with she asked. “So… what do for a living or even for fun?” Sitting back in the chair ready to listen. I know damn well people don't just come in here for fun.

Glancing at Agent J Derevko , wondering what the hell he was up to.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko watched the Old Man suspiciously as he remade the Jack and Coke, sans lemon. He grabbed the drink off the bar, muttering something about citrus fruits all going to Hell and headed back towards the table. He didn't have anywhere better to be, and his temper was already twanging. Right now, he was afraid that if he left to go somewhere else, he'd end up roaming the streets and getting into a brawl. Not that that wasn't a risk in here, but at least he was outnumbered here.

Gotta fucking keep a handle on myself. C'mon, Derevko, you're no bitch, you can do this. Just finish the fucking night off, only a bit more. This ain't so fucking bad, she didn't know, calm down.

"Sorry 'bout that,"
    the scarred agent grunted. "I had a decomp earlier, and lemons are making me want to puke right now."

Sarah settles into the chair, placing her glass down before her, glad it wasn't another bottle of Budpisser and suppressed a shudder at the thought. "Prison psychologist," she said, almost as if that answered both the 'living' part and the 'fun' part of Daysha's query. "Lots of weird and wonderful people with some different life experiences to say the least."

However, when Derevko returned, Sarah stopped talking. When he apologized, Sarah simply smiled and wondered if he needed someone to listen to his problems.

I
    Irina

"Sounds to me like you have plenty to keep you occupied," Sara answered, and forced a small laugh. She was almost jealous about that, and the ensuing guilt was an irritation.

"I just cook for fun," she admitted. "There ain't many hairy situations in that, unless you count belatedly realising you used salt instead sugar in a chocolate cake, hairy." There was something just a little bit wicked in the smirk that Harlowe gave the assembled group, which suggested the mistake had not been entirely accidental.

Harlowe gave the returning Derevko a polite shrug. "Don't sweat it. You didn't miss much."

Page 15 of 25 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.