Watch
131 - 140
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 14 of 25 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... Last

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"Are you OK?" Rory asked Alexis Kane , looking back at the door, expecting to see Daysha Jackson or even Agent J Derevko .

Shit. Shit, shit, shit.

"Hey, you don't look so hot."

I bet all the guys say
    that.

He started walking after her, not quite as fast as she was, but enough to stay in earshot.

"Let me go get your, uh, cousin, to make sure you make it home OK."

He looked back at the bar again, trying to figure out what Lexi might respond to.

"Passing out in the back of that cab is going to be so low-glam, you know."

Shit. Shit, shit, shit.

Alexis stopped dead in her tracks, her stomach clenching. The last thing she needed was Daysha showing up. It was bad enough being strung out without having a cop breathe down your neck.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Lexi said, trying to put steel into voice, but instead it came out sounding whiny and pained. "I just need to get home, okay? I just need to get home. But don't go get Daysha! Daysha can go fuck herself, I don't need her to give me a ride. Shit, just lay, off, okay? I'm not drunk. I'm not going to pass out!" she ranted, the look on her face saying that she was going to throw up.

She dry heaved before the tirade could continue and scurried behind a battered pickup parked in the lot, the sound of her stomach emptying itself carrying to Rory's ears. Liquid, tortured sounds and the acrid stench of digestive fluids filled the air, a tormented hiccup interposing itself before the sounds continued. Lexi was on her hands and knees, propped up against the side of the truck, trying to keep from falling into her own puke while she dry heaved, her body not content with expelling only the contents of her stomach.

K
    Kazakin

Lexi needs to roll R+C -2 to avoid losing complete control of her addiction

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Gross.

"Or you can just... do that... and put a big check mark in the low-glam box,"
    he answered.

We're all only as alone as we choose to be.

Rory moved closer, leaning on his side of the truck.

"OK, here's the deal. You're not OK. You're rolling around the street throwing up. Fortunately, you're doing it in front of me, so we've both crossed a lot of boundaries with one another in the past... ten minutes. I can't just 'lay off' and leave; nobody decent would. So either you let me go get Daysha, you call another friend, or you let me give you a ride."

Please let me go get @Daysha Jackson .

Alexis let out a groan and staggered away from the truck once she got to her feet, the stench threatening to cause a repeat episode. She closed her eyes and took in a shallow breath, trying to ignore the sensation of her brain splitting and her stomach throwing a miniature revolt. She glared at Rory, trying somehow to transfer the blame to him, but finally she just nodded.

"Ok, fine. A ride would be good since not your not going to leave me alone. I swear though, if you mention 'low glam' again, I'm going to fucking strangle you." She dug tissues out of her purse and started cleaning her mouth off, not appearing grateful even in the slightest, the spark of need in her eyes overriding her other emotions. "You gonna just stand there?"

I
    Irina

Harlowe extended a hand as she introduced herself, and couldn't quite help the sensation that she was being more social than usual. It wasn't so bad, she had to grudgingly admit to herself. "Sara Harlowe," she answered, and glanced across to Derevko on reflex, as Daysha Jackson provided the name.

"I haven't heard a lot about the place, but enough of it to be interested to come along," she answered. An innocent enough response on the surface; if one was to assume an apparantly quiet woman liked coming to a previosuly stated rowdy bar.

"First time. Not been in the city long at all."

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

"Funny, I was going ask if you were gonna just lay there yakking," Rory retorted.

You didn't grow up in a boy's home without learning to give as good as you got. It had been a while since he'd been carped at, and habit took over; he got it under control before attaching Low-Glam's new nickname.

It was even harder not to start whistling Sheila E's 'The Glamorous Life'.

That's the tequila shot talking.

"I'm sorry. That was un... charitable... of me."
    He'd almost used the other C-word. He hadn't though; for some reason it just sounded too... preachy.

He fished the keys of his Jeep out of his pocket and pointed to it.

"Should we... ,"
    he began, trailing off.

She'd said her goodbyes. Did he owe Daysha Jackson one? Or an explanation? He felt like things were moving way too fast, like he was the lizard from Rango who's tank had been shattered and him left floundering in the Real World.

"OK, let's go."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Glancing around for a minute and checking her watch. I wonder if Alexis Kane sweet talked Rory into going home with her since her date bailed. Nice move sister slutty.

“Well welcome and nice to meet you Sara. Who’s your friend?” Gesturing with her head to Sarah. “Why don’t you gals join Derevko and I over at the table.” Cause talking to him is like talking to a damn pitbull tonight.

Assuming they follow, Daysha set Agent J Derevko ’s drink in front of him (which may have somehow got a little lemon in there for some unknown reason), and took a seat. She knew most people didn’t hear about the Spiral because it was some hip joint. The only hipster that ever came in here was Cal. “So, did you hear that this is the city's premier goth club?” She laughed, then stifled herself quickly. Lighting up a cig and taking a drink. She was just tipsy enough that she didn’t care what flew out of her mouth. “So, how did you hear about this place?” Pointing the bottle at Sarah Quinn. “I mean the Old Man pours stiff drinks but not that stiff.”

Unless they came to talk about others stiffs…

"Thank god," Lexi mumbled, following Rory to his jeep. She climbed in the passenger seat and immediately slumped lower into it, barely remembering to buckle up. She rested an elbow against the window and leaned her head against one hand, staring out the passenger window. She gave directions, but otherwise said nothing, only the occasional groan echoing from her.

OOC

K
    Kazakin

Rory and Lexi exit the Spiral. Feel free to move to a PM scene or whatever to wrap, guys.

Page 14 of 25 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.