Ended
Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 12 of 25 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... Last
    I
    Irina

Harlowe laughed slightly, and at least appeared to be genuinely enthusiastic about the Italian food. "Spataro's. I'll remember it the next time I'm out and hungry."

It would make a change from poptarts, or whatever micro meal she could get her hands on before going on the move. She didn't enjoy that sort of trash, but when she was in a rush it was that or...stay home. That was never a possibility; because then the idleness kicked in, the knowledge that while she was sitting on her ass, someone was in trouble.

It may have come as a surprise to some, once they became acclimatised to her eating habits that she could cook. Harlowe enjoyed it, it made her reasonably happy while she was distracted. It gave her something casual to do a couple of nights out of the working week. Or it had until she moved to Sacramento.

Note to self: Check out cooking classes in the neighbourhood.

"Just a couple of days," Harlowe answered. "Nowhere near long enough to get complete stock of the area completely yet." Something about the way she said that suggested she took getting to know a neighbourhood very seriously.

Harlowe took a long swig of the beer, and grinned. "Could be worse. Could be Corrs. The secret ingredient in that really is piss. Gotta be."

Lexi closed her hands experimentally, wondering if that would stop the twitching, and then ran her hands over her face. It had been stupid to come here, stupid to antagonize a cop, stupid to try and cut a line over a fucking sink, and above all, stupid for not taking a hit before coming here.

"What am I doing?" she mumbled, picking up one of the shots. She stared at it, turning it around, studying the play of the light through it, and then downed it suddenly. It slid down the back of her throat, settling in her stomach like a pool of lead, and she grimaced momentarily. Apparently, she was trying to turn her life into the personification of a train wreck. She used the bar to rise from her seat, hands shaking slightly on the scratched wood, and shot a look at the remaining shots, almost as if she thought they were filled with sulfuric acid.

"Hey, um, I'm gonna head out," Alexis called in passing, looking a bit pale as she passed through the doors of the Spiral. She called a cab and waited right outside the Spiral...

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory reached the bar and lifted a hand, then laid it down, waiting to catch Old Man's eye rather than knocking on the bar. He tried a friendly smile and pointed to Agent J Derevko and Daysha Jackson and then himself, then twirled his finger in the gesture for another round.

He looked over at Alexis Kane , debating on whether or not to try an apology when she downed the shot and called it a night. She didn't look great, but he was still feeling a bit awkward about their earlier introduction -- it hadn't been much of a trust-building exercise.

Still, old habits die hard.
    He reached over and tossed back one of the remaining abandoned shots and briskly followed, wiping a hand across his mouth as the cheap tequila slithered down his throat, pausing at the back for a moment just to let him know just how cheap it was.

"Hey."

Hands in the pockets.

"I just wanted to properly apologize for, before. You're not leaving because of that, are you? Because I can leave, and you can stay with your... cousin."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Why do I fucking come here. I should be out at a club attempting to find a boyfriend. Hell I could be at home on cupid.com, or something. How did tonight go so wrong? Irish isn’t even here.

“Lexi, where are you going?” Daysha’s voice said loudly, almost yelling, as she began to watch Alexis Kane walk out the door. It was probably loud enough for Sarah and Sara to notice. She also saw Rory chase after her. Figures.

She turned and glared at Agent J Derevko . “Ok, when I left this fucking table earlier, she was fine. Then she came to the bathroom knocking on the door all in a tizzy. What the fuck did you say to her?” Daysha asked completely irritated, like a mom scolding one of her kids for punching the other.

intimidate
    Date Action Roll Result
    2011-08-14 23:57:36 Daysha rolls 3 to Pres2+Int1 (10 Again) 9, 7, 10, 4 2 successes

Alexis was already moving out the door when she heard Daysha's question and didn't bother to respond. She kept walking until she was in the parking lot and then turned to face Rory, not wanting to discuss it in front of the entire bar. She didn't look pissed, or sad, or self conscious, or any other emotion the Rory might have guessed. Instead she looked irritated, like she had a pounding headache that was just starting, and it was, as well as pale and shaky.

"Look, Rory," she said, giving him a pained smile, "if I had a problem with it, you'd know about it. Besides, why would I want to part the co-conspirators," she mocked, pulling a face. "Just don't worry about it. I just, like, really need to get home, ok? I'll just call a cab, head home, and have a quiet night." Once I can get to my stash. "Why don't u go on inside?"

She reached up to brush hair out of her face, her hand trembling.

K
    Kazakin

"I didn't do a fucking thing to her. She lied, I moved past it, she asked what the Hell happened to my face, I moved past it, I tried to make small talk, asked her what she did as a job. She took offence, asked me why I bothered to ask if I didn't care and stormed off to the bathroom," Derevko said flatly, his eyes narrowing. Great, I go out of my fucking way to try and apologise, and she acts like I was feeling her dumbfuck buddy up under the table or some shit.

"And don't take that Goddamn tone with me, I'm not a five-year-old you can boss around. If there's something up with your friend, that's her problem. If you're that fucking concerned about her, why aren't you running after her to see if her precious little feelings are hurt?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-08-15 02:42:12 Jonathan Derevko rolls 7 to Resolve 3 + Composure 4 (10 Again) 3, 5, 8, 8, 2, 6, 5 2 successes

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Derevko.” Daysha's brow cocked a little perplexed. “I only asked because I know you and I can be a little, oh what’s the word, jagged, at times. I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with Lexi.” But I can certainly fucking guess.

“Yeah, I’m concerned. Rory’s running after her.” Not entirely sure why other than the boob thing. “After what happened earlier, I’m not getting in the middle of it.” Cause I don't think either of them would appreciate me laughing about it again.

Drama, drama, drama…

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory looked at Alexis Kane 's complexion, and studied the hand for a moment before finally nodding.

"Well, cool, then," he said, smiling faintly.

It wasn't his business.

"I can be a good listener, if you need one,"
    Rory shrugged, hands still in his pockets.

"Anyway, have a good night."

He just couldn't bring himself to say 'nice to meet you'... it just sounded too trite, and also put an unfair burden on her to agree out of politeness.

Turning to head back in, he hoped the drinks would be sitting on the bar and he could relax. He'd already blocked out what Daysha said, filing it away to consider later, through a less foggy lens.

Sarah laughed also, nodding with agreement. Then came the unfolding drama coming from elsewhere in the bar and she sighed. She know she shouldn't get involved, it had nothing to do with her but....then she wouldn't be good at her job. Sarah got the attention of the bartender and ordered another round of drinks, the same as whatever they had each be drinking before. Except for the Bud; Sarah ordered a glass of white wine for herself. She'd had enough of Urine R'Us.

"You want another, Harlowe?" Sarah offered.

I
    Irina

Harlowe shook her head, and pushed aside the now empty bottle. It seemed a shame to waste the drink, after she had bought it and everything. "Not of that," she admitted, though it probably came as no surprise.

That had barely been one, so it sure as Hell wasn't going to count as number two.

"I'll take the Stella, please,"
    Sara politely instructed the barkeep, as she yanked the wallet from her inside pocket and set it down on the table. She searched her limited list of neutral conversation topics, searching for what to speak of next.

Well I'm coming up dry.

"Ahh, what areas would you suggest avoiding around here?"

Page 12 of 25 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.