Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
The Spiral III

Page 11 of 25 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko rolled his eyes as Jackson spoke, and he shifted the cigarette with his tongue. He judged the likelihood of that idea, and found that it rang just as falsely as Lexi's comment had. Unlike Lexi's though, that actually did piss him off, and his expression soured.

"Funny, real funny. So you do think I'm a fucking moron. I expect that crap from the likes of your buddy over there," the scarred Agent blew out smoke, his eyes narrowed. "Unlike her, I kinda figured you weren't gonna continue such a blatent fucking lie. I tend to operate under the fucking assumption that fellow officers respect each other. Y'know, I don't give a shit what you two are up to, but I really don't like being treated like a fucking idiot."

You Goddamn bitch, what the Hell is this? Laugh at the screw-up day? Hah hah, isn't it fucking funny how he got kicked to DHS:Geo? Isn't it fucking hilarious? Bet he can't even tell when someone's blatently feeding him a fucking line! Let's all fucking laugh at him! I swear to God, I'll beat the shit out of all three of you if I fucking have to!

4 successes to detect lie

K
    Kazakin

The Old Man gave Lexi a suspicious look, and filled up three shots of Tequila. He scooped up the bills, stuffing them into the till, and muttering something under his breath about 'Goddamn kids'

Lexi needs to roll R+C to cope

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Oh. Oh.

Rory was surprised that @Agent J Derevko hadn't figured it out. The familiarity, the explanation dodging, the tone of @Daysha Jackson 's voice about him touching @Alexis Kane .

Daysha didn't want everyone on the force to know she was a lesbian.

"Does it really matter?"
    he finally spoke again, keeping his tone friendly as looked at Derevko.

"Maybe they were politely trying to tell you to mind your own business without being completely rude about it. Why don't we just have another round and talk about other stuff. Either of you a football fan? Got an opinion on the Eagles this year?"

Given how loud and tactless Derevko was, he didn't blame them. In five minutes the man had told each of them to either 'fuck off' or called them some descriptive expletive.

What an asshole.

Can't We All Just Get Along?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

Fuck………You……..ALL!!!... Fuck you Agent J Derevko , Fuck you Alexis Kane and Rory , Fuck…. Well wait, he hasn’t actually pissed me off yet.

Daysha chain lit another cig threw the pack on the table and it slid in front of Rory.

“No Derevko, I don’t think you’re a fucking moron. I have no idea why Lexi lied to you. She's a friend of mine. She’s probably got her reasons. You’re right, sorry, so can we please drop it?” Daysha was sincere. Albeit pissed off at Lexi.

“Nope, Rory. I don’t really do sports. Classic cars and guns, absolutely.” Picking up on his subject change

Taking a drag, leaning in and half whispering. “I’d rather not cause a scene.” Motioning to the two women, Sara and Sarah. Daysha motioned to the Old Man for another round, knowing she'd get up and get them.

K
    Kazakin

"You wouldn't get it," Derevko said flatly to Rory, shifting the cigarette. "You weren't a fucking cop."And you didn't get tossed on the scrapheap after giving your fucking life up to make sure the fucking worst of humanity didn't get to ride over everyone else with abandon. And life didn't repay you by killing your daughter. Fuck, I doubt you have any idea what that's like, you sheltered fucking prude.

But the memory did seem to at least calm him down, his expression emptying. When Rory asked about sports, he just sort of shrugged.

"Sorry. Not much of a sports guy." He fell quiet, his gaze moving away. It looked like he was trying to mask some bitter emotion, but very, very poorly, as if the facial injuries had screwed up his motor control.

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-08-13 11:35:49 Jonathan Derevko rolls 1 to Manip 2 -1 untrained -2 flaw (10 Again, Chance) 9 failure
    2011-08-13 11:07:22 Jonathan Derevko rolls 7 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 4, 7, 9, 2, 6, 1, 3 1 success

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

Rory listened to @Daysha Jackson and nodded, resisting the urge to glance over at @Alexis Kane .

Cars and guns. So a diesel and a lipstick? Well, I guess stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

"No, I wasn't,"
    he agreed, his attention drawn by Agent J Derevko 's words. He wasn't sure if Derevko thought that police had a monopoly on being lied to, but didn't respond to the implied belittlement.

Did the scars on your face come before or after the scars on your soul?

"Yeah, I guess I'm the odd one out,"
    Rory offered with a smile. "Because I don't know anything about cars or guns, either."

He said it with a good-humored, self-deprecating tone, and shrugged.

"So that's my cue, then, to go grab that round of new drinks while you two make up by pretending nothing happened, hey?"

Rory didn't wait for an answer, stepping back and away and heading to the bar.

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Thanks Rory." Daysha said quickly. Still some awkwardness in the air.

Wow, I think I just came off as a lesbian. Shit, shit, shit. It’s bad enough I order a beer, no wait, Cider isn’t a beer, it’s CIDER. What’s wrong with liking fucking cars and guns? Isn’t that what ever fucking asshole in America wishes for? Some chick who’d understand the guy stuff better. Why am I thinking of this right now? Why am I questioning this at all? Oh god this is so unlike me to give a shit what people think about me. What the fuck is wrong with me!? Daysha glances at Rory at the bar subconsciously.

There had been a long silence while the banter went on in her head. Taking a drag of her cig she looked at Agent J Derevko . “What?”

Sarah once agin looked over at the other group as a couple of voices were raised and wondered if she should slip them all a card, make some extra cash on the side. Although, if she done that, she'd have to declare it to the IRS and things would then get all kinds of messy. She looks back at Harlowe, trying to think of some places. "Depends what you like, really. My personal favourite is Spataro's, they do the best Italian food. When I've got a day off, I generally go there for lunch."

Sarah silently adds on my own, but then that was just one of those things. The age old question of career or relationship had firmly settled Sarah in the latter category. It had been the choice she'd made and what was the point of getting upset over something so trivial?

"How long have you been in the city, Harlowe?" she asks before actually taking a sip from the beer she'd ordered followed by pulling a face. "Argh, that truly is vile."

K
    Kazakin

Derevko watched the end of his cigarette burning down, tapping the ash off, as the small talk started again. Cars and guns. Interests? Christ, he couldn't remember the last time he'd had interests. How long had it been since he'd read a good book, or any damn book? How long had it been since he'd hit the gym and let his muscles burn out? How long had it been, in fact, since he'd done anything that wasn't work, drink, work, end up in screwed up relationship with family? He took a drag off the cigarette, and his teeth clicked together, as he ran his hand back through his messy blond hair.

"What, what?" the scarred man said with a little frown, realising Rory had left for the bar and he'd just fallen silent. Nice one, Derevko, you fucking screw up. "I'm just smoking, it's..." And then he realised she was talking about the silence and felt like a fucking idiot.

"Y'know, this probably wasn't the best idea," he added after a moment, bluntly. "I'm having a really fucking bad day, and..." Well, it was an awkward, unsociable attempt at an apology. From the sounds of it, he hadn't really had a conversation in a while, either.

K
    Kazakin

Date Action Roll Result
    2011-08-14 07:45:05 Alexis Kane rolls 5 to R2+C3 (10 Again) 4, 6, 4, 5, 9 1 success

Lexi feels pretty woozy, and her hands are twitching a bit. She's okay for now, but if she doesn't get a hit soon, she's going to start freaking out.

Which will not be good for the surroundings.

Page 11 of 25 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.