Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Maid service preferred

Page 8 of 14 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Mike stepped back, moving away from the white things probing through the grate. He didn't want to see. God, not Rog. Rog. The guy he'd laughed with. The guy who'd always been looking for trouble. The guy he'd always pulled out of trouble. The guy he'd been too late to save. Far too late. He should have gone with him to that stupid dive strip club. Maybe this shit wouldn't have happened that way.

His massive hands moved to run over his face, and he felt his guts lurch. In the swarming flies and the stink of the basement, he thought he was going to throw up for a moment.

There was something horrible about the sad, white bones that jutted up from the grate. Something that made his guts roll more than anything else so far. Maybe it was the thought of Rog's hands before in his memories, the casual slaps on the back, all the times they'd been drinking.

He wanted a drink, desperately.

Lexi looked back at the hulking athlete, seeing as how Daysha had the grate well in hand, and frowned. She couldn't really sympathize with the shock and grief Mike was trying to stomach, but she could sympathize with having an unstable Hunting partner, along with all the dangers that that possessed. She eyed him, deciding that she'd leave him for the time being and let him have some space. Besides, most of the experience she had with unsound cell-mates entailed them being too amped up and blood-thristy, not the opposite.

K
    Kazakin

Daysha smashed the nightstick down on the rusted, frail grate. The blow's enough- it looks like she could have smashed it by hand. The rusted metal crumbles away, showing bright, white bones heaped in a narrow trench. The drain hole at the end isn't big enough for a person to fit through; it could barely fit a small dog.

As Daysha leans over, she sees the remnants of a track-team sweater on the torso.

Yeah, this is probably Roger.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha winced and made a twisted sour face. “Ah, shit.” It smelled even worse up close.

She whirled around to Mike. “Was your buddy wearing some sort of track sweater or uh, something?” She narrowed her eyes bit her lip and sucked air in. “Ah, cause if so, I think we found him Mike.” There was a ring of sympathy in her voice.

Daysha glanced at Lexi shaking her head. She shined the flashlight over to the grate in the wall in case Mike wanted to look.

K
    Kazakin

Mike stepped forwards, forcing himself to look down at the bones. His eyes blurred for a moment as he looked down, saw the shreds of the sweater, and felt vomit suddenly hit the back of his throat. His guts were boiling. The smell was probably the worst thing he'd inhaled in a long time, and he turned his head, throwing up his lunch.

He couldn't talk. His massive hands pressed against the wall, and a half-sob escaped his lips when he'd stopped retching.

While Mike was spewing his guts out Lexi turned away and tucked her face in her arm, trying to breathe in the scent of leather instead of the stench of rot, puke, blood, and voided bowels. Alexis Kane had been on many Hunts before this, but this was a world apart from the organized excursions and climactic after parties that she was used to at the Abbey. No, this world was far grittier and far more dangerous; the bleeding cut on her arm was testament enough to that. The final realization of this sent a spike of adrenaline through her. There was nothing like finding death to make you feel more alive than ever...

The Abbey Gal took a few deep breaths and then paced over to Mike. She could deal with this all, she knew, but until they were someplace safe, they needed mike to start dealing with it.

"Mike," she began, putting a hand on his back. "Mike, look, I'm sorry about your friend, but we've gotta move on past this. There's questions that need answers, and things that need to be put into the ground, and we need you. Until we're driving away from here, you have to work with us. Think of Rog. Now, think of what you're gonna do to the thing that caused his death. The Red-Head was already in the box when we got here. I don't think that's what did this."

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Mike, look. I will have someone come and get the Rog.” Ring ring Dad. “We got the slugthing and the vamp is dead. Mike, I know this isn’t easy, and I’m not going to say everything’s ok.” Daysha knelt down by Lexi. “We should probably go before something else happens. I’ll have the people that are picking him up take good care of him, okay?”

Daysha knew there were never any right words to say, but she certainly tried in these situations.
    2sux to calm down mike

K
    Kazakin

Something seemed to get through to Mike, and he wiped his eyes on the back of his hand, his shoulders shaking. The rank, bitter taste of bile was all over his tongue, and he almost threw up again just from that. He took a slow, steadying breath, getting a handle on himself, even as the flies swarmed around him.

"You need me?"
    he said to Lexi, his voice a little shaky. "To do what, exactly? There's nothing else down here."

3 successes

"Okay, look," Lexi snapped back, "until we leave we're not done here, mkay? We thought we were vamp hunting," she said indicating Daysha, "but suddenly it turns out to be some fucking slug thing? Doesn't that strike you as, gee, I don't know, really, really bad? For one, what are we going to do about the red-head? Hell, for all we know it still is a vampire, just one that had a parasite inside it. We need to figure out where to go from here Mike, so pull yourself together. Because if you bitch out, more people might die."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha pulled out a stick of gum from her pocket. “Here, this will help Mike. She’s right, we do need you.”

She stood up and looked at Lexi. “Well, do you want to take her out of there and drive to the country and burn her? You’re right, this parasite thing is a but on the fucked up side and strikes me as really really bad.” Daysha may have been unintentionally mocking Lexi. Another reason to give dad a jingle.

Note to self: No matter how bad I think the date may be, don't blow it off again.

Page 8 of 14 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.