DISPLAYED
Maid service preferred

Page 10 of 14 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Thanks to Daysha's patching up, Lexi downgrades her lethal wound to bashing

K
    Kazakin

"Yeah... yeah, I'm gonna make it out okay. I guess we should... split up after this, right?" Mike said uncomfortably. He needed a drink. Or ten. Or twenty. Or however many it would take for him to black out and stop seeing those cold white bones poking through the grate. Clawing at nothing.

Rog was gone.

He couldn't accept it.

"Yeah, that's probably for the best. Here's my number in case something pops up and you need the help," Lexi said, half preoccupied by picking at her bandage. She stopped fidgeting with it long enough to dig some writing utensils out of her satchel and then passed Mike a scrap of paper with her number written on it. She turned back to Daysha and nodded.

"I'm ready to head out. I'll lead the way, but if you want to call your, uh, whoever you said you'd call, first, than I don't mind waiting. Thanks for taking care of my arm, by the way, it's feeling a lot better,"
    she called over her shoulder, approaching her bike. She put the safety on her gun, ejected the clip and the round in the chamber, and stored them in her satchel before she put her helmet on.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha put back the first aid kit and shut the trunk. She gave Mike her card as well. “Yeah Mike, same goes for me. Call me if you need anything.” She pulled out her cigs and flicked the zippo open and took a long drag. “Lexi, its no biggie, just don’t let that get infected. Who knows what could happen.” Ya know, I hope it wasn’t one of those nasty weird things like I’ve seen in X-Files were it takes over the next body.

“We'll see you later Mike. Hopefully this is the last of the slug thing we’ll see.” Ugh I need a chemical shower or something. "Lexi, Let's roll out." As she saw Abbey gal get on her bike, Daysha got in her car.

Daysha pulled out her phone dialing Lieutenant Dad while she followed Lexi. When Doug answered bluntly stated. “You’re not going to believe this. Worm-man meets Dracula, film at 11.” She wondered if Dad was getting sick of her 2am shit-hit-the-fan calls. She kept talking to dad about mundane stuff while she followed Lexi to god-knows-where.

Alexis led Daysha on a merry jaunt through the city before she took the El Dorado freeway on-ramp that led out of the city. She was surprisingly easy to follow, maintaining her speed so that it was precisely at the speed limit, almost as if she was trying to model what safe driving looked like. Even when they were on the deserted stretch of open freeway Lexi reigned in the powerful motor of her bike, by some miracle, and took an exit several miles east of Sacramento. She pulled onto a dusty, but paved, road which went on for another mile, a few ranch-style houses ranging alongside it, and finally she pulled up a dirt driveway to a simple, brown house with a 1969 Camaro parked outside. Alexis hopped off her bike and waited for Daysha to pull in beside her.

D
    Daysha Jackson

It’s too bad Daysha didn’t check to see if mom was on the line before she started in about the slug. She spent most of the time telling her that it was a movie before Debbie went back to bed. She never did get to tell dad what happened. Note to self, put dad on your cell phone plan.

The drive was rather interesting. Daysha didn’t expect the dirt drive but not everything had to be glamorous. She pulled up beside Lexi’s bike and got out of the car, popping the the trunk and eyed the classic Camero. Well hello wheels I’d like to drive.

“Nice car. Your’s?” She said ogling for a moment.

“So, where are we putting this… or what’s left of it?” Daysha said as she gestured her head to the truck.

Lexi paced over by Daysha and cast a fond look at the Camaro before she leaned in close. "Why d'you want to know, Day? You like it? 'Cause, ya know, it's a real beauty to handle," she wheedled. "Maybe I could show you sometime...when we're not hunting. Seriously, all we ever do is meet up in the dead of night, heavily armed and ready to imitate horror movies. We should get together and just relax sometime, get to know each other. I mean, I'm fine just sniping back and forth, too, but that might not be healthy."

She took a step back, giving the Detective some room, and peered at the tarp wrapped bundle in the back of the car. "Um. Crap. We gotta carry this thing through the house and into the basement. I don't have storm cellar doors." She sighed and grabbed a hold of one end. "At least it's wrapped already."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Are you hitting on me?

“Yeah, I love classics. What would you like to do as far as relaxing?” Daysha said in a curious tone. “You mean snipping back and forth isn’t healthy? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She was clearly being sarcastic and maybe a little witty.

“Yup, wrapped like a giant nasty tootsie-roll. You don’t have anything we could slide or wheel this on? If not that’s fine.”

Lexi chewed on her bottom lip while she thought, but finally shook her head. "No, I don't have anything like that. I mean, Cal might, I guess, but I don't want to mess with his stuff. I'll tell you what, let's just carry this in, get her chained up, just in case, and I'll tell you about what I have in mind." She grabbed her end of the tarp and began to lift, waiting for Daysha to follow suite. When the two carry the wrapped vampire inside, Daysha gets an impromptu tour of the safehouse. It appears to be a two or three bedroom place, the walls pained a simple white. The house itself appears to have been built off of a standard template, but the furnishings are all modern art inspired, with lots of black, red, white, metal, and glass. It's tastefully done, but the Mother inside Daysha feels like she's suffocating at the sterile feel of the place. It might be made up so that someone could stay there comfortably, but it was not someone's home. Shortly after this realiation, Lexi began to jabber on about her plans.

"Well, you like classics, I like classics, you like beer, I like beer. I was thinking that we could bond maybe. I know a nice stretch of road that doesn't see much traffic, and I was thinking we could take my baby for a spin. Yes, I'll even let you drive it, and maybe, if you have the heuvos, I'll let you race in it," Alexis said, a devlish grin lighting her features. "Afterward we can have a beer and just, ya know, talk. That way we might be able to see where the other person is coming from. 'Cause in the future, I sure as hell don't want to be next to someone who hates me and who has a gun."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha surveyed the small house as they walked around. The sterility was much like her own OCD house. Everything in its place. Something she got from her mother.

“So question for you. Why are we chaining a vamp up in your basement?” She had a puzzled look on her face. Was she an odd soft of… collector? Fuck am I out here with Hannibal Lector’s daughter!

Daysha shrugged a little with a slight yikes face. “Uh, you realize I’m in law enforcement, right? I won’t drink and drive.” She smiled a little, and no her face didn’t crack. “But, I would love to drive the car sometime.”

“Lexi, I don’t hate you. We just have a very different view of things, like you said.” She held her hand up thumbing backward. “It’s like back at the cruddy apartment. I proceed with caution, you fly by the seat of your pants. Now, I have my reasons for this and you may have yours.” She still debated on telling Lexi if she was a mom.

Page 10 of 14 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.