Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
tearjerker

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Major props to GB82 on a very well-written Glimpse. (link) It's really impressive how much thought he's put into Matt Kelly's backstory, and seeing it brought to life like this brought tears to my eyes.

Welcome back, man.

Player of the Month

Thanks Road.

To be honest I'm really lucky with Matt in that he's always had some great players/character to play off of, Widowsight (Ursula), Alison (Yog), Morgan (Aynie), Vinny (FC), Jordan (Matt), Sally (Steven), Elektra (Sphen) West the Mage (West) and Martha (Chrisie) all have had either a significant amount of interaction with Matt or some really interesting scenes with him ( WtM: at Ember and The Glissade Talent Competition ... with Emily, Martha at the Ember Launch Party ... an interaction which 5 and a half months later still makes me laugh even thinking about it ). I've spent most of my time just trying to keep up with the PCs and Players Matt/I am interacting with. The chance to work with players like that is a real motivator to put a serious effort into developing Matt as a rounded character shaped by his experiences and the people in his life.

Special thank you to MoD. He's taken Emily and just done such a wonderful and amazing job developing her into an Uratha with so many layers that I've always felt right from the beginning that their sibling relationship is completely natural, like they are two characters who've known each other for years, have shared a hundred different experiences and have always been there for each other. I'm not ashamed to say that the room was a little dusty here when Em bear hugged a returning Matt in Darkness, Rising.

Technique

Look, all i can say is that if you hadnt developed this bad ass, Stephen King-esque background for Matt, and written such god almighty interesting flashback moods, i wouldnt have such a fun character to play. Cant wait for Emily to learn why that scar came about

+ Reply to Thread