Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
First day's always the worst

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    K
    Kazakin

"Sounds fuckin' messy," Derevko said dryly. He wondered if the reason Agent Fletcher had been dumped here was because she'd screwed up in the serial killer department. It wouldn't be the first time, he figured. Could be worse. She could've been dumped there because people decided she wasn't worth dealing the fuck with. Stupid fucking retirement. He felt like punching Sid in the fucking face for that. "I got an inkling it'll turn out to be something fucking stupid, myself, but I'm a pessimist. That way, I'm always fucking pleasantly surprised, ha ha."

"Whatever works," Fletcher replied noncommittally. "The chess piece with the note sounds more ominous then stupid, even though they're a bit cliched, but time always tells, I suppose...Well let me know if I'm in the way, or if there's something I can help with, but otherwise I should get to reading the file. Once I can stop being the dead weight on the case, the better," she finished wryly.

K
    Kazakin

"My theory is it's a mimic. Real serial killers tend to have a signature that makes some sorta fucked up sense to them, sure, but what sort of chess-playing geek ransacks a house for no reason? Nah, I think someone's trying to make it look like a signature hit," Derevko said conversationally. "Enjoy the file. Just steal Dullahan's desk for now. I'll go see about that 'requistion'." He gets up and walks out of the office, humming something under his breath.

"When did a suspicion of a murder pop up?" Beatrix asked the empty office. Shrugging offhandedly, she sank into Dullahan's chair and placed the file meticulously on his desk, banishing her questions until she read the material before her. Fletcher's eyes traced over the folder, her gaze staring fixedly at the file's cover, almost as though she was memorizing its plain details. Which she was, in a way; for the next days, weeks, and likely months, this would be her bible, her guide, and she needed to be in the proper mindset before she began absorbing its information. Thus she stared at it, sitting unmoving, not even blinking. It was almost a minute before she placed one hand on the file and slowly drew it open...

K
    Kazakin

As Beatrix reads through the file, she finds that it contains recent notes from both Dullahan and Derevko detailing the Doctor's social networks, which were extremely limited. Apparently, the people who saw him most frequently were his gardener and the guy who delivered his groceries.

There's also a pathology report on samples taken from the lab; as Derevko said, most of them are normal, every day substances, and a few are oddly reading as unknown, particularly some things from the fridge in the containment unit.

There's a note to check out when the Hell the Doctor got planning permission to build a containment unit in his basement.

There's a note in a short, jagged handwriting that says 'Way over the golden 24, likely a corpse by now.'

There's a walkthrough report on the house, repeating that the place was trashed, there was a mysterious calling card in the shape of a chess piece, and a report from the HazMat unit that was called out to the containment unit, saying Derevko and Dullahan should be clear of any biological contamination.

The front cover of the file consists of the Victim's profile, which is
    • A Photo of the Doctor
    • A Home Address
    • Home Phone Number
    • Mobile Phone Number
    • E-Mail Address (Work and Home)
    • Name and Phone number for the Doctors Superior. (Michael Hawksworth)
    • A copy of the Doctor's attendence record at meetings. It would have been 100% if it was not for the recent non-communication.
    • Details of the Doctor's Academic Records - Studied Chemistry at Berlin University, did a Masters in Bio-Chemistry at Sheffield University and continued there to do his Doctorate in Bio-Chemistry. Moved to the USA and taught Bio-chemistry at the University of California. Left 5 years ago to work for the military research division as well as Homeland Security.
    • General Details - Age 45, Born in Berlin, Became a US citizen 5 years ago. Had a wife and two kids that died in a car accident two years ago.

W
    WiseGreen

"Er... Sorry, I think you're on the wrong desk." Jake's standing by Beatrix' side, with a somewhat puzzled expression on his face. He sounds a little sorry and insecure as he adds, "That's my copy of Hertz' file, too."

Beatrix's head snapped up, when Dullahan spoke. She had been so engrossed in reading through the file that she hadn't even heard him come in, let alone walk over next to her. She relaxed when she saw who it was and stood up, being careful not to tip Dullahan's chair over.

"Right, I knew it was your desk...Um, lets start with introductions, and then I'll get to the explanations. I'm Special Agent Beatrix Fletcher, FBI, and I've been assigned to consult for the Geo-sciences office here in Sacramento. SAC Johnson assigned me to consult on the Hertz case and thus I came here and was briefed by your partner, Agent Derevko. He, uh, offered me the use of your desk, temporarily of course, while he got another one. I apologize for the invasion of space. Also, he didn't inform me that this was your copy of the file," she explained, handing the bundle of documents over to Jake. "I'll have to get a copy of the file eventually but I don't intend to steal yours, don't worry," she finished, offering a professional smile.

She paused, managing not to show how uncomfortable she felt and extended a hand to the Agent. "Now that that's over, let me say that its a pleasure to meet you, Agent Dullahan."

W
    WiseGreen

"No, I didn't mean to take you off of what you were doing, nothing like that, you can use my desk until you get one. Oh, and my file too."

"You came from the Bureau too? Cool! Which division? I'm... I was from CT, stationed in Quantico, myself. It's a pleasure to meet you too."

"So, what are thinking of our case?"
    Jake look around until he find an empty chair, pulls it and takes a seat.

"I was Homicide, mainly, but as you know they usually transfer agents out of Homicide after two years. Helps keep the suicide rates down," she explained grimly. "But otherwise I dealt with cases similar to this; missing persons and kidnappings. That said, I have to admit that I've never been involved in a case like this one. Or, I should say I've never been involved in a case where the perp left a chess piece as a calling card. From what I've seen from the file, I have a few ideas on where to go next but I'd rather hear what you and Derevko think first. You've both been in charge of this investigation so far and I don't want to disrupt how you've been working on it. Not yet, anyways."

W
    WiseGreen

"Have you already met agent Derevko? He's cool once you gbet ued to him."

"So, I don't think there' much we can do. There are two clues we can go after, the two people Hertz used to interact with, a gardener that used to do his house and the kid who delivered his groceries. That should give you an idea of where we are standing right now. We have to wait for the tapes to be transcripted and translated, the lab results to come back, and we of course could ask for an agency with access to a real database for input on that chess piece - I think it's a sig of some sort - and wait for an answer... Lots of waiting. We're far from having what we needed to handle a missing person case. Hertz has been missing for far too long, and although we're not giving the case up, chances he's still alive are dim."

"We are going to the gardener as soon as we can, but we don't have many ideas if that on comes back blank."

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.