Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Taking the long way home

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Emily flinched and looked up again as she heard the weeping. "Silly me.." she muttered before walking towards the sound. "Hello? Are you alright?"

The crying stops and the light in the hallway flickers back on, just then Emily hears the door to the building shut. Turning around she notices her roommates coming down the hall.

Seth is carrying a twelve-pack of beer, and Jenn is carrying her purse. She smiles at Emily "Hey, Em. Whatcha doin out here?"

"I uh - that's odd. Did you see someone pass you?" Emily makes a mental note to never trust dealers under 16 again; what the fuck just happened?

Jenn looks oddly at Emily "Uhh.. No? What do you mean?"

"But I-" Emily walked towards her roommates, a confused look on her face. "But you did notice the lights going out, right? A moment before you got here?"

Jenn shrugs "It's an old crappy building. That light flickers all the time." She looks worried "Are you ok, Em?"

Disregarding Jenny's question Emily ran past them and out of the building. She wouldn't have done this, even more so because she had no shoes on, but the incident with the scream earlier made her jumpy.

Outside she looked down the street in both directions. "Hello?"

Emily emerges out onto the street, looking up and down the sidewalk. She can't see anything but a quiet Sacramento street at night. A single car meanders lazily down the road, and there's no one out walking.

Jenn exits the apartment, and follows Emily's gaze up and down the street. "You're freaking me out, Em. What the hell's up with you, already?"

Emily flinched as Jenn talked to her. "No, I'm fine. I'm just stressed." She turned around and gave her roommate a smile - a terribly tired one, but at least she tried. Suddenly the fact that she wasn't wearing any shoes showed and she shuddered. "Let's just go inside; I'll be hitting the bed soon, alright?" And maybe there I won't meet any women making any sort of sound..

She took Jenny with her back to their appartment and once inside she ignored Seth's look, got out of her dirty socks and threw them into the bathroom, where the washing machine stood. After that she had enough focus to smile at her other roommate again. "Delicious sauce, Seth. Anyway, I'll be hitting the sheets now, g'night." And with that she disappeared into her room, threw herself onto the bed and closed her eyes. "Maybe something to calm down my nerves.." she muttered as her fingers looked for the joint she began smoking that evening and a lighter. After a few tokes she actually relaxed a bit. "There we go."

Emily's finds herself sinking into her bed as she gets high. It's been a long, creepy day. During the night the only woman making any sounds is Jenn, with Seth in the next room. The walls in this apartment were really too thin, and Emily knew Jenn knew it.

Emily can choose to fall asleep, moving on to another day and place, or continue in this scene. Up to you. Create a new thread if you're ready, or not.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last