Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Steven

So you see, there is this bar. Its a bar most people don't know about. Its a bar that really isn't even there. Nobody really knows who opened the bar. Nobody really knows when the bar was even open. Its just always been there. Its been renamed tons of times. Its even burned down once or twice. So the legend has it anyway.

Today its called the Spiral. Why is it called the Spiral. Don't really know. Being as again, nobody knows who owns it. Its just there. The only constant about the Spiral is that its always been a place for Hunters. Its like the Cheers for people who bump back. Its like the Winchester for monster hunters, only its a double barrel and its hidden under the bar instead of hanging above it.

When you get your "Welcome to the Hunt" club card you find out about the Spiral. Its a place for people like you to go to in order to swap stories, gather information, have a few drinks, even get fixed up if the grumbley old bastard behind the bar feels in the mood. Just don't expect any kind of sedative beyond A shot or two and a bullet to bite on.

Now your probably wondering, "Well if all the hunters in town know about this place, why don't the baddies know about it and come shut it down?" Well that is a fantastic question and thanks for asking. The main reason is this, the exterminators office doesn't have rats. If you were a serial killer would you walk into the room where they keep the electric chair? No probably not. Thats not to say they haven't tried, but the Old Man behind the bar, he isn't just there for looks... Ask him to show you his scars some time. But you may have to buy him a drink first.

Anyway, Welcome to the Spiral, pick a seat where you like, If your here during normal business hours remember not everyone in this place is on the hunter so don't talk too loud. It is open round the clock for those in the business. Oh and one last thing, try not to piss off the old man... much.

How this works

It was about nine o'clock, PM, when the throaty purr of a well-tuned cruiser could be heard rumbling outside of the Spiral as Alexis Kane pulled into the parking lot. She let the Indian Chief run for a few seconds more, listening to the sweet growl before turning it off and heading inside, helmet under one arm. Practically kicking the door open, she came striding in, dressed in tight-fitting biking leathers with her hair pulled back in a ponytail. A small satchel bounced alongside one hip as she sauntered over to the opposite end of the bar and took a seat.

"Hey, hit me up with an Irish Car-bomb," Alexis said to he old man. "The night is young and I might as well murder my pallet now. Plain beer is for the weak, anyways." After that she turned on her seat to view the rest of the bar, one eyebrow quirked at how dead it looked inside. Or at least how dead it looked compared to the places she usually went for drinks. Shrugging, she turned back to watch the Barman make the shooter.

"So, anything exciting happen lately? Looks like you're all about to die from boredom."

S
    Steven

So Alexis walks in and a few heads turn. Those who are in the know know what she is and what crew she runs with. As she sits down a couple people tend to give her some room. Those Abbey bitches are Kah-Ra-Zie. So anyway the bartender makes the drink and a door opens in the back. Out comes fucking Irish. Irish was probably drunk, because its his way, and was probably hurt, again his way.

Irish really needed to learn how to fight beyond spitting, headbutting and cursing. Anyway he walks over and sits down next to Alexis with a thump. "So ya nu waaat they call dohs wha oi cum from. A feckin car bomb." Irish Says laughing and not waiting to deliver the punchline. His breath eminates of Irish Whisky and stout beer. "So yer kill anythin' the-day?"

"I must be psychic," she muttered, tossing the drink back and chugging it down. She'd need some hard liquor if she was going to talk to Irish for long. At least he'd been drinking more than just beer.

"No, it's been pretty boring around here lately. Haven't seen anything with claws, fangs, tentacles, or magic-shit outside of the movies. Why, what kicked your ass lately? Still trying to pick up woman with cheesy jokes and grab-lines?"

S
    Steven

"Fuckin' cop lady wus in 'ere de other noight, didn't take a likin' ter auld Oirish much." Irish said holding up two fingers to the bartender, who wasn't the old crotchety bastard oddly enough. "hens de black oiye."

"so yer wanna git into a scrap the-nite? oi 'ear wan av de bouncers at de club downtown 'as a tin' for wee birds. or don't yer take a shine ter killin' de mundies?" Irish asked while taking a drink of his carbomb. Only he didn't shoot it. He let the balye's curdle the sick fuck.

Alexis blinked, trying to figure out what Irish was trying to say. Why was it always easier to understand drunk people when you were drunk, she wondered. With a shrug she downed her second drink before looking at Irish again.

"Why would I want to get in a fight with the muscle-heads at one of the clubs I go to? Besides, if I liked going after regular peeps I'd have tagged your ass when I first got here," she replied with a smile and some bobbing eyebrows. "No, I'm looking for something with some thrill in it. No risk no fun; no pain no game and all that jazz. And thanks for the drink but don't think it's gonna get you anywhere," she adds as an afterthought.

S
    Steven

"Feckin monster is a monster, 'uman or otherwise. but whatever love. oi 'ill take care av 'imself meself. anywho, besides dat boke feck its been a quiet noight. so yer wanna go in back an' let me diddle yisser lady part?" Irish asks with a wink to the Alexis.

As he does the bartender looks up to the door and sees the old man coming back through it. Now the old man isn't THAT old but he is old enough. And he has seen some shit. "Irish, get out. I ain't in the mood for your shit tonight." The old man says as he walks by and heads toward the office. His voice is like gravel on sandpaper. Its like someone gargled a desert for awhile before speaking. Once inside the office its door slams shut. About a minute later he walks out with his dirty apron on and slides behind the bar. Old man takes up his normal perch and leans...

"aw cum on Auld Man, oi wus jist blatherin' ter de luvly lady 'ere." Irish says

"Okay, first of all, I said it wasn't going to get you anywhere, Irish, you read me? Second, please don't kick him out till he explains what he means by the 'human monster' downtown. All I heard him say earlier was something about birds," Alexis insisted, leaning forwards slightly. If there was a hunt on, she at least wanted to know about it.

S
    Steven

The old man just waves his hand in a circle saying get on with it...

"okay gran' let me put dis in a way yer can understan'. yisser accent is so brutal naw wonder yer canny understan' anyone else."

Irish puts on his best/worst american Accent

"Downtown at ah club der is ah bounca, who has ah hankering for lidle girls. Wanna know if ya wanna take him oyt wit me."

"Catch dat dis time love?"

Alexis' brows furrowed as she thought about it. She didn't particularly care about this but she was only one step away on the boredom-scale from scoring some Columbian 'merchandise'. The more she thought about it, the more appealing that sounded. But then again, if she earned some street cred with the Hunters not in the Abbey she might get invited on more hunts. More hunts sounded better.

"Yeah, well, I did understand you this time, 'cause you were speaking actual English instead of the language of drunk Irish people," she replied after half a minute. "What's this guy done anyways, what's called the hunt down on him?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.