Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Who's with stupid?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

After the eventful time in the Spiral Alexis flaked out on Cal, saying that she wanted to read over the file before they made a plan and left the Desert House to him for the night. She wanted time to think alone and stayed the night at her downtown apartment. She awoke the next day with a headache, remembering the night passing in endless scrawls of text, unorganized masses of shuffled papers, frantic photocopying, and the sounds of Bond and other seemingly uncharacteristic music. Grudgingly she got moving, dropping the original file off at the Spiral around noon before she drove to the Desert House.

Not surprisingly, it was only around noon-thirty that Cal got a message telling him to come outside . Alexis had taken the Camaro and, as usual, had sped for at least half of the journey, enjoying the long stretches of road and more than a bit of luck avoiding the cops. Outside the house though, she was perched on the Camaro's hood, looking over her copy of the file. The matte-black car doors lay open, her speakers blasting Static X into the arid environment.

Cal shambles outside in his underwear, cagey and smack-bang in the middle of a nasty comedown. His eyes are shot and his nipples feel like they're going to turn into scabs and flutter to the ground. He grimaces at the industrial music thing, but doesn't say anything. It was 'not' Swag.

"We're out of orange juice," he remarks, weakly.

S
    Steven

As Alexis reads through the file she finds out the following information:

Target: James Sturlington
    D.O.B.: 6/15/82
    Eye: Brown
    Hair: Brown
    Hight: 6'1"
    Weight: 210lbs

A Picture is included as well as the current address. There is no information on the vehicle that the target drives. What there is though. Is a list of names. Children's names. There are 14 names. All female all younger then 12 or younger on there disappearance date.

Alexis looked up at Cal, a pair of sunglasses hiding her thoughts. It was actually pretty early for her to be up as well, hence the aggressive music, but it was pretty amusing to see she had literally dragged him out of bed. Rolling off the hood she scrambles over to shut the car off and then approaches Cal with a tray of Starbucks and the folder.

"Well good morning to you too, Sleeping Beauty," she says with a hint of a laugh. "Since you're not dressed I guess we'll head to the den to discuss this. And sorry 'bout the OJ; you'll have to skip your morning screwdriver and settle for a latte instead. I bought a few different kinds cause I thought we could use the caffeine and kinda forgot what kind you liked," she says, sliding past Cal into the house.

Once in the den Alexis set her copy of the file and the drinks on the coffee table, gesturing for him to take a look at the folders contents.

The Third stretches and grabs the creamiest looking thing off the tray, groaning something that was probably a thank-you. He perks up a little with some sugar and fluid inside him, sprawling out in an armchair and scanning the folder. He looks up after a minute or two.

"Uh huh. I was really expecting more of a Freudian ghost train kind of a file, but yeah, this is pretty comprehensive on the dead kids and this Sturlington guy, pretty ho-hum otherwise. Why'd they think it's this guy again?"

Alexis chooses her own coffee concoction off the tray and flops down on the sofa. "Yeah, I guess the files not bad but it wasn't what I was expecting either. Ya know, I actually kinda wish I hadn't lobbied for going on this hunt. I don't know why they think it's this guy and I'm really bummed out he's just a guy." She pauses, preparing to launch into a fresh tirade of complaining, before visibly relaxing into the sofa. "Whatever. it's good to know that the other guys looking for monsters in the dark are just as sick as the Abbey. I mean, except for maybe the pretty po-po, these other guys are ready to go murder someone. So on the upside, if we do get some street cred with them, it'll mean more and easier hunts in the long run 'cause they're not as different as I first thought.

"But anyways, we've got to go snoop James Surlington out. Its kinda too bad that he likes em so young cause that rules disguise right out. Had the schoolgirl outfit and everything," Lexi jokes, trying to brighten the mood again. "It might also rule out drugging him. I mean, its kinda hard to offer a drink if he's not into girls. Or guys, I guess,"
    she says with a shrug and a quirk to her lips. "See, I think we'll have to get inside his house if we're gonna do this discretely. I'm not much for breaking in and that seems rather risky. I don't know, do you think maybe we should just try and grab him and interrogate the shit out of him?"

Cal knocks back latte, shrugging as he swallows. These people were pretty fucked up with their bar and their accents and their vigilante schtick, but they might be right. If they were wrong then that was on them, none of his business. All Ashwood'd do was investigate, probably. He coughs.

"Folder says the guy's bigger than us ... I mean I guess we could jab him with a stun gun - it'd be seriously swag if we could hit him in the neck with a blow-dart..."

The worst member of the Fontaine dynasty sucked his teeth, thinking things over.

"I dunno, I mean we don't give a fuck about this guy and those kids, that's - well, it's a shitty thing, pretty much a tragedy - but it's cop shit, right? Not our thing. We're just doing it to get in with those Spiral guys, and all they asked us to do was investigate or whatever."

"Why don't we just take it slow, check out where this guy works, maybe take a peek at his house or something?"

Lexi thought about Cal's statement, sipping her own drink. "Yeah, you're probably right. I watch too many movies I guess. Why don't we check out the club first, see if we can find out what he's like, what his schedule is, and maybe what he drives. Then we can check out the house."

"Yeah, let's go with that," Cal grinned. Slightly perky, he begins to gather materials from clothes strewn over the living room.

"You missed out," he mutters as he rolls. "I ended up at this really fucked basement show. It started out with like this garden variety, fuzz-faced white kid sleazecore. Except for the girls on synth; they were hooked up in this rubber harness thing that made them look like siamese twins. Anyway, yeah, kind of weird. After the set they started doing stuff. It was like a Lovecraftian Aristocrats joke. I mean indescribable horror wouldn't do it justice. By that point I was already crashing hard. Disappeared quick. You missed out."

The youth trails off and lights up, shaking his head.

"Think there's time for a long nap before we stalk this Surlington guy? Kinda feel like my ligaments were boiled right now."

"Yeah, knock yourself out. Not like they'll even be open for another nine hours. Hmm. Kinda wanting to score right now. Eh, I'll wait till we actually find something out; getting blazed while trying to question people is probably a baaaad idea." With that she stood up and glanced around the room. "Actually, I guess I'll just go pick up some more OJ."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last