Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 24
DISPLAYED
Some Enchanted Evening

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"I know, I know," he says, and that grandfatherly quality comes back as he tries to be soothing. "It all seems very odd, I'm sure. Someday I hope to be able to explain it to you. But in order for that to happen," Johnson adds, "We need this to work. If we can't find something to turn in to ICE against Behari and Eagleland, there may not be a GeoSci Division in our office much longer."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica looks shocked.Was it that bad? Probably.

Then she nods, 'Alright, I'll do this tomorrow, and tonight I can have some lockpick practicing.'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Johnson returns the nod. "Good, good. All right. I'll leave you to it, then." He gives her a smile, and picks his hat up from the chair he'd been sitting in. He's nearly through the door when he turns again, looking from Jessica to the device in her hand and back. "Don't forget," he says. The door clicks softly as he leaves.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica smiles weak as Johnson leaves, 'Ok SAC Johnson, take care, good luck at the office.' She holds the device up as he begins about it, 'No no, won't forget.'

A deep sigh follows.

Just a moment later she's between the coffee machine and her bed. The choice is hard... but her sleep wins, and not even a minute later plumps down on the soft mattress, with her clothes still on.

Despite the pressure, she sleeps well...

End Scene ?
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3