Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Just Awesome

Scene: Thistle's vamp, Michael, has been beaten into torpor by Reeve Arnold Culler (the brute!). The following represents Michael's torpor dream, which mixes stuff from his backhistory with his sire, a recent romp with Mariel and events occurring in the waking world. It's as good a depiction of a torpor dream as I've seen, and it's just incredibly well-written. Thistle is possibly the best at Twilight Valley at depicting the inner workings of a character's mind, and this one goes above and beyind even the high level I've come to expect from one of Thistle's posts.

Even the title is great... Torrid Torpid Dreams.

I've reposted the whole thing, because it's just that good. The original is here: http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1076

QuoteQuote:
    Michael lay on his back, his body cooling after the heated activity, till it was the temperature of the rumpled sheets. He wondered what it would have felt like if he been alive. He propped himself up on one elbow so he was looking at the woman beside him.

Lilly lay beside him, the Blush just now beginning to fade. She was truely stunning. An image of perfection on smooth white sheets

He ran his hand on her hair.

She snuggled in to Michael's bare body, spooning her own in tight and pulling his arms around her. "Don't be shy," she whispered guiding his hand. "There's so much more to learn."
    Michael held her close, letting their bodies share what remaining warmth he had left.
    Was he Daeva? Hmm, intersting question.

Michael's hand traced over Lilly's form, expertly caressing, as much for her enjoyment as for his. Still there was a slight pause.
    "Don't stop," she gasped "Never stop."

"Mmmmm," the vibrations traveled from his chest into her. "don't I wish sometimes."He placed his chin on her shoulder. His voice tickled her shoulder blade.

Lilly turned to him, running a single nail down his cheek. "That was good," she murmered "Still need to loosen up though."
    Michael pulled her in closer pressing her against his body. "Let me try again then," he purred, Blushing again.

He smiled inwardly. Five years ago Michael would have thought that sex on the first date wasn't a good idea. Then again, five years ago, Michael would have basically thought sex, no matter how many dates was a good idea.

Lilly pushed him away almost angrily. "Why are you doing this?" she demanded.

Michael can feel and hear Mariel's discomfort. The slight movements and little bit of forced tone in the voice. He knew this wouldn't go well and now he had to guess!

"I love you," he whispered as the blood touched his lips.

I'm a novitiate in the Lancea Sanctum.

"Wrong!" she yelled pouncing on him and pinning him to the bed violently. "Your doing this to get back at her as much as I am."

He could do nothing but look stunned for several seconds. Then, despite himself, he lets out a laugh. He gets into town and almost the first thing he does is sleep with the enemy. He has a bit of trouble stopping himself from laughing.

Lilly held him down tight. "It's important to be truthful with yourself. See things as they are. You aren't some deluded Kine with a mind enslaved the Church."

Sanctified, one of the self righteous, hypocritical, God fearing Kindred that he had hated ever since being Changed but to see her sitting there made him forget all that for a short time.
    He reached over to playfully pull her on top of him and into a kiss. It felt good. Better perhaps because of the fact that he was opposed to her convenant's views. It felt like he was somehow tainting those views by being with her.

"Alright that's true," Michael admited as he got up from the edge of the bed he had been sitting on. He turned back to Lilly as she lay relaxed on the bed. "but it doesn't mean I don't have other motivations as well.
    He smiled at her. She really was beautiful though

Lilly rolls her eyes and tightens the grip of her legs around the vampire. "Of course I forgive you."

Michael gave a pratically sinfull grin. One of the Sactified forgiving him at his request after causing so much trouble for them in Salt Lake. He would have find some way to tell Lilly about this.

Michael entered the bedroom, excited to tell Lilly about what he'd found out, while in bed with one of the Invictus.

She puts on a serious face. Honestly, you have a charisma about you. Something about that innocent, fresh-faced appearance makes people trust you. I think you'd go a long way in the Invictus.

Lilly moves her attention to the man's neck, covering it with little licks and kisses as she slides down to an easy embrace, laying her head down where Michael's heart would beat if he was still human.

He made sure to breath in and out so that his chest rose and fell.

"My Dam recently had a Haven open up here and gifted it to me. I wasn't given much detail beyond that.

"Very well, I'll grant you what you want. Another one of my gifts to you."

Michael said, "Hmm. So what exactly are you planning?"

Lilly pulled the silken hair away from her neck.

Have you ever met anyone with...my kind of viewpoint? asked Mariel

"There is no right or wrong. So act on what you want or you'll be all the poorer for it later."

"You remind me a little of my Dam."

"I have found a way to get further revenge on my Sire."

Michael hestitated to go on. "Most Lancae I've met have been.. zealous."

Michael kissed Lilly for the second time.

I think we should meet the Prince together. I can arrange a meeting, said Mariel, gears beginning to turn in her devious little head. Technically, you don't have feeding rights until you're recognized, you know, she adds.

"There will be no going back you know."

I'm aware." he smiled.

"I'd like to be bound to you."

Mariel arched her back like a cat in heat. "I'll do that,", she purred.

Michael lay on his back, his body cooling after the heated activity, till it was the temperature of the rumpled sheets.
    "I love you," he whispered as the blood touched his lips.

I thought this was absolutely masterful, and very creative, to take parts of Michael's meeting Mariel and incorporate it in the dreamscape.

Thistle's posts are always very good, really getting into the psychology of the characters. Wonderful job, Thistle!

I wish I could say I planned it all from the start but it was more along the lines of "hey wouldn't it be a really cool thing if..." and it just came out perfectly. The only thing I really debated on was making Lilly's voice the same color as Mariel's. It was great fun to write, mixing, matching, relating things, and editing.
    I'd like to thank Bo for not hitting me with a plagiarism bat . I used a lot of stuff from her. Even some of the stuff Lilly does is curiously similar to the actions Mariel took. (Odd coincidence that)

I really enjoyed this post. Excellent writing Thistle!

Seconded

Kharn

thirded, that is an awesome bit of writing

+ Reply to Thread