Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Wanting the Warrant

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Matt had anticipated as much, he sits in the chair determined to take whatever Mr. Johnson like a man. This won't be the first time he'd screwed up, nor would it be the last. His temper has always gotten the better of him, especially since his family had died, you know maybe its time to go out and become an entrepreneur, but let's see how Mr. johnson chooses to handle the situation. "If that is what you want, sir, I would gladly accept it if only to help this department save face. But, Ms. Warren is too valuable to lose, I'm just the new guy, and a probationary agent, Mr. Johnson."

"Quite frankly," Johnson says as he looks between the two, "I can't afford to lose any more officers. GeoSci runs on a skeleton crew as is. That is the only reason I'm not going to fire you." He slowly drums his fingers on his desk as he adds with a heavy sigh, "I'm not going to let you off the hook for this. Please, turn in your guns.

"Consider yourselves suspended. Two months, without pay. We can't have you representing this office, this Department, or this nation without fully understanding the consequences of the actions you take."

Matt stands and resolutely pulls out his pistol- taking the clip out and actioning the gun to to make sure there is no bullet in the chamber- he lays the weapon on Johnson's desk. Then somewhat more reluctantly plucks his badge and I.D. out of his coat, slowly laying it on, Mr. Johnsom's desk. Turning to Jessica he says, "I'm sorry for this, Jessica, I truly didn't mean for this to happen, if you need anything in the next two months don't hesitate to ask." Matt turns and walks out the door, through the cubicals and out the door. Then its quickly down the elevator, across the lobby and out into the world.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Fair deal I guess.' Jessica says neutral. She opens the door for Matt, listens to what he says, but doesn't answer, she only nodds. Then she closes the door again.

Jessica takes her gun and badge, and puts them both on the desk. She says softly, with a little bit more emotion this time. 'You've always been a good boss, Johnson. However, if I
    meanwhile find something else to do, consider me gone already.' It wasn't a threat, just something he should know, the truth.

Then, Jessica too walks out of the office, leaving the door open in her pissed off mood, and to give Johnson more time to look at her, possibly for the last time.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Johnson watches them go, pulling up his Departmental contact list with a few mouse clicks. The old man pulls open a drawer of his desk and rifles through it until he finds it: a brand new cell phone, prepaid with cash, never used. Not registered in his name and untraceable.

Came in handy in times like these.

Checking the list on his monitor, he dials the first number. While she's still in the building, Jessica's cellphone begins to ring.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica gets into the lift, walks into the parking lot. She almost wants to step into her, in her opinion, cool red car. Fuck you Matt, I love this old pick up. Jessica wasn't in the mood for happiness at all.

Then her phone rings. Why now? I really need to... well, what do I need? Her phone didn't recognize the number, neither did she. Anyhow, she picks up with an annoyed tone. 'Jessica Warren speaking, who's this?'

"It's Johnson," says the familiar voice on the other end. "We can't speak for long right now. Just be aware that I may have something for you to work on, while you aren't 'officially' working. I'll be in contact later." And just like that, the call ends.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Hu...We...B...' she wanted to say so much. Yet her phone fell on the ground. Jessica stood in the parking lot. Taken by surprise. She blinks. And blinks again. 'Holy Fuck!'

Jessica grabs her phone from the ground, and hopes it's not broken. After hitting a few buttons she is happy to see that she can save Johnson number.

She has no idea what to feel, or what to think. 'Fuck you all.' Sigh. She didn't want to come in a 'fuck' mood, but it had already began. She gets into her car. And starts to cry for some reason. She was happy that she had some sort of job after all, but the tears were for all the confusion right now.

Time for Chocolate.

Completely unaware that he's got an employee wiping smeared eyeliner from her cheeks in the parking lot, Johnson looks up a few rows on his list and dials the number there.

Not too far away, Lucas' phone buzzes.

After, the fifth ring, Matt's office phone forwards it to to his cell phone...

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3