1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Wanting the Warrant

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Continued from here

Jessica kept walking with a quick pace. This should be over soon, because she didn't want Eagleland to feel any kind of moral victory. And coming back after three days would be bureaucraticly sad.

She walks to the reception and smiles to the receptionist. 'Hello, I'm agent Warren. Could you check for me if SAC Jiminez is available to speak to? And if so, where that would be.' Jessica gives the man/woman a friendly smile again and says:'Thank you.'

I assume she'll recognize the one behind the desk, and vice versa, if not, Jessica will show her I.D.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

The receptionist says, "I don't know if he is in, but if he is he'll probably be in the ICE offices. Third floor and to the left of the elevator."

Up the lift, out the door, and to the left: it isn't hard for Jessica to find the Immigration and Customs Enforcement offices, and soon she's walking through the warren of cubicles and knocking on the SAC's door. Jiminez looks up from his work, and nods. "Agent Warren. Please, come in. What can I do for you?"

The receptionist glances at Matt as he follows, Agent Warren to SAC Jiminez's office waiting outside while Jessica enters. Matt decides to let Jessica do the talking since he's still not familiar enough with law to offer any help.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Thanks.' We totally fucked up and come here to beg for mercy. Jessica sighed and settled her clothes. She entered the room.

'The people working at Eagleland International Security are not willing to work with us freely. They asked for a warrant, now I'm here to pass their question through. Because we might need an official warrant to make something out of this investigation.'

Jiminez stares at Warren as though she'd just announced that she was quitting to become a famous chef.

"Wait a second," he says, half-getting up from his chair. "Are you telling me you talked to them?" he asks through clenched teeth, his startled confusion swiftly being replaced by reddened cheeks and brow. "I told you to do surveillance! Why the fuck did you talk to them?"

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

With a serious offended look and her mouth open of surprise Jessica started to stutter: 'Well, I thought that... wait.. huh?' She automaticly takes a step back.

Did he truly told us that? She was obviously thinking very hard, ignoring Jiminez Do some fieldwork tomorrow... do some surveillance on the site. FUCK!!!! The moment Jessica realised she did something wrong, was a moment you could remeber as her with a sad puppy face.

'Ups?' A nervous grimace. 'I think I didn't see the use of just surveillance, what could we see from the outside? My mind automaticly just walked in a talked....' Damn she could kill herself, if everything went good there shouldn't be such big problem. But she had done something she wasn't supposed to do, and she did it wrong.

Daddy ain't gonna be happy if I join him now...

"Oh, you just walked in and talked?" Jiminez says, getting redder. "I'm glad we're hiring a bunch of airline attendants to do our fucking jobs here, that's real nice. Let me tell you something, you don't get to think around here--do you know what SAC means? I am Special Agent in Charge. When I tell you to do something you don't just change the game plan because you don't see the point." He finishes his rant with a shrieked, "Fuck!" and pushes past Warren, out of his office and into the bullpen.

"Cage! Get down to Circuit Fifteen, now, and tell Judge Pynchon we need that warrant, pronto."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica crosses her arms, just like a little girl. Fuck him. I don't have to do his boring jobs.

When Jiminez walks out of the office Jessica takes her BlackBerry and quickly twitters: In case I die young, I want to be buried next to the memorial of my parents. After which she returns the mobile phone to her pocket.

Matt was not about to let Jessica take the heat for something he did wrong so he turned stepped right in front of SAC Jimenez. "For your information SAC Jimenez, we were doing you a favor, we don't answer to ICE, we answer to Agents Park and Johnson. And, as I told Agent Warren, we could've sat out there until Hell froze over and wouldn't have known what we were looking at now. They would've gone on with business as usual if we hadn't talked to them. Now, if you have a complaint take it up with Agent Park, who is the head of DHS Geosciences, you answer to us. Not the otherway around."

OOC

A look of utter confusion crosses Jiminez's face as Lucas confronts him, before he begins to turn an even deeper shade of red--fire engine red, heart condition red. The man lets out barking laughter, one hand held to his chest. It isn't pleased laughter, or amused; it's almost hysterical.

"You ever look at an org chart? ICE would take directions from the Goddamned janitorial staff before we ever listened to your pissant little division. We've got an entire floor of this building and over a hundred employees on our budget. You have, what, eight people tops? You work out of a fucking closet compared to us. You're down in the basement doing our shit work because no one here wanted to do it. That sound like you're doing us a favor?"

The entire bullpen around Jiminez' office has gone quiet, as they instead choose to watch their boss berate the two GeoSci visitors.

"That was us throwing you a Goddamn bone so you'd have something useful to contribute--and instead, you tried to fucking choke us on it!" Spittle flecks his lips as he rants. "So for your information, learning what their 'business as usual' is is the entire Goddamn point of surveillance. But now that they know we're watching, we're not going to get that, are we? Now they're going to act their best. They're going to destroy any evidence they may have had around, they're going to call their scumbag friends and tell them to lay low and not associate with the company.

"You just scuttled this investigation before it could even begin. Way to go, smart guy. Get the hell out of here," he says, turning to rush back into his office. "I'm calling Johnson--your boss, by the way, not Park--and if he knows what's good for him he's going to sack your asses by the end of the day."

A response

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last