Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Eagle Watching

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Surveillance could be slow going, some days, but it had one big advantage over sifting through paperwork: at least the team was outside with sunlight and some semblance of fresh air. Of course some of the charm was lost when you were parked on the edge of what was essentially a giant parking lot.

The Johnson Business Park was mostly smaller companies like Eagleland, mixed in with a few smaller retail outlets and even a local radio station. Traffic was constant but not heavy, and it wasn't hard to keep an eye on the comings and goings at Eagleland.

Matt and Jessica had their morning coffees, their morning pastries, and a full day ahead of them.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica leaned against her car. Finally she was with her own car! One point where she didn't miss her old team.

After one very big swig from her coffee, she turned to Matt. 'Hey, I've a couple of questions for ya. First: are you familiar with any fieldwork already? Second, whether you answer yes or no on my previous one, how do you wanna do this? Direct approach?'

Jessica had to think for herself. With Vince the Wizzkid and Grandpa gone, she had to lead instead of follow. One point where she did miss her old team.

Finally her car!
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Matt was in rookie heaven his first field assignment and it was with the team leader, he didn't think she'd treat him any different than the other agents which was as a kid. However she may be a little more mature than been the other agent.
    "This is my first time in the field, Jessica," he replied gazing out the car window. Matt was looking around at the neighborhood, the people going about their business, the other businesses in the area besides the one they were investigating. He noted how many people noticed them sitting here doing nothing.
    "We can't stay here very long, Ms Warren, I've counted a dozen people who have noticed this vehicle in the past hour. Their reactions were mixed but if we stake out EIS we'll be noticed. As for how we approach let's remain flexible ready to switch tactics if we're compromised."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica gave Matt a blank stare. Ok, he had a little point, but did he really had to tell it that way? *this vehicle* right...

'Then we'll better move on don't you think.' she tried not to sound negative, but a slight annoyance was inevitable. And with a firm pace she walked to the Eagleland building.

This day doesn't begin ideal, but let's keep the good mood going. With that thought in her mind, she asked more nicely this time: 'What I actually meant to ask was: Do we walk in, and say: 'This is homeland security, give us all you got!' or do we walk in as possible undercover clients with questions, trying to find out more.'

Jessica sighed, and explained more about herself. 'I used to work with the police a couple of years ago, so it is a whole other world where I'm in now, and I can't say I'm a professional already.'

"My suggestion, Ms. Warren is to ask for an interview with their management pick one of the name's of the men we used to track them here and see what they do. Ask for an interview with him, say to check his work visa its within the purview of Homeland Security."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Sounds like a good plan.' With a smile Jessica continued to walk to the building. Once inside, she looks around, is there a reception? Who does she see? It is always good to guess how used these people would be to visitors.

Matt followed behind his partner as they entered the lobby of the EIS HQ, he looked around the room comitting the layout to memory, the doors, the furniture, the security set-up. He recorded the time and date in his note pad for future reference, which allows him to memorize thing alot easier.

The noise of the outside--the traffic and haze of speech that we're so used to when walking in the cities--is cut off behind the two agents as the two glass doors shut behind them. There's no music coming from a PA system overhead; their footprints are swallowed by a soft beige carpet. The office is silent.

Silent, but not quite still. There is a desk, and a young man sits at it--slim, with dark hair cut short. He wears a short-sleeved button-up that seems a bit large on him, with a red tie clipped to the collar. He's turning from his monitor to look at the two. "Good morning," he says. "How may I help you?" There's a slight accent to the speech.

Matt takes out his I.D. and flashes his badge to the man behind the desk, he smiles his best friendly smile. "We're here to have a look at a couple of your employees, will you please have your head of human resources come out to meet us." Matt's tone is friendly, but the phrase left no room for error, it was an order not a request.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Jessica took her I.D. just as her partner did, but she just gave the man a nice smile. To stay with the friendly part of Matt, but also not to break his order by saying something stupid herself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last