Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Olivette to the DA's office

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

The morning after the meeting with Steele, Olivette sat at her desk, with the lists Master Clarke had handed her in front of her, for comparison and analysis. For now, though, she'd put them aside to make a phone call to the DA's office about the business card she had. Quarter past eight, the best time to call. The DA was likely still preparing for his day, and be easier to reach.

Oivette dialed the office's number, and leaned forward in her chair, the better to stay attentive. She waited patiently through the ringing, tapping the card on the table.

"District Attorney's office." Olivette recognizes the voice on the other end as that of April, the DA's secretary. They've many times served to transfer information between the Prince and the DA.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Olivette instantly stops tapping the card, and holds it close by, ready to read. She speaks in as cheered-up a voice as she can, despite the somewhat early hour. "Hello Alice. It's Olivette, how are you?" Nobody got anywhere in this world by being rude, and Master Clarke would hardly want her to ruin hard-earned connections in high places.

"I'm doing well, thanks, Oli," Alice says. "What can the DA's office do for you this morning?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Olivette resists the temptation to return with the stereotypical 'it's more about what I can do for you' line and instead moves her voice firmly into the 'professionnal' setting. "My employer's recently had something pop up you might find interesting. We've had quite a few sources point to a building in town as the centerpiece of an arms smuggling operation. Would the DA be interested in the address?" This is, to Olivette, the 'give-and-take' environment that is the center of business. She's tipped her hand, shown some of what she has. Now let's see what the other side does.

"Yes, I'm certain the DA would be very interested in that anonymous tip," Alice says. "We always appreciate caring citizens who pass along information that helps keep our streets safe. If you give me the information, I will bring it to his immediate attention."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

"We are, as always, glad to help those who enforce order. The adress is ***** ". Olivette then repeats it once more, to make sure Alice's had the time to write it down. "One of our contacts has told us they've gotten a large shipment recently, one that might go out on the street any day now."

"I will pass that along." After a few seconds, Alice asks "Is there some discrete way the DA's office might be able to show how much it appreciates concerned citizens?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Olivette smiles, and replies, "Knowing the city and its people are safe is reward enough to my employers. I'll convey your appreciation, however, and maybe my employer will need your office's assistance someday." Olivette was pretty sure he would never forgive her if she wasted that kind of favor owed on anything not capitally important.

"Just let us know," Alice says. "I'll get this to the DA right away. Thanks again."

She hangs up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread