Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara shakes her head at the idea.* As if they knew anything about Saint Patrick here... *She glances down at her watch, sighing softly at the late hour.* I'm sorry Thomas, but I'm afraid I must be going for the evening.

While I can no long assist you without recompense, feel free to contact me if you ever feel a need for advice, or someone to talk to. I know how hard it can be to find one of our kind to open up to... *She makes her way past O'Connor, opening her door and stepping out. Ciara holds the door open for Thomas as well, waiting for him to exit.

Once he's outside, she'll turn to face the Mekhet, a soft smile on her face.* My Fair Lady was always my favorite movie with Hepburn in it. I have to wonder if you would make a convincing Henry Higgins...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

PRE

Just before Ciara opens the door, and just after she finishes speaking, Thomas turns to her and speaks. "Thank you." He gives her a half smile before continuing. "Likewise if you ever need someone to talk to, I hope you'd be willing to tug on my ear." He wonders just how lonely it is in her position, Carthian Prefect and Harpy, having to be the social trend setter for the Domain while also leading a Covenant. "I mean that."

As he leaves the room and he speaks about My Fair Lady his first reaction is to smile and give her a proper reply. "Well it all depends on the face I would be growing accustomed to." The slight smile stays as he speaks more formally again. "Thank you for your time Harpy Maskelyne, have a lovely evening."

L

"Well then my advice to you would be that discretion is virtually always paramount in our society; as is respect, no matter what your personal views towards an individual might be. The Danse is rarely forgiving." He lapsed into a brief silence before continuing, letting it stretch. To drag out what suspense was present, to let the words sink in, perhaps both? "In light of your humility I will forgive you this once."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

End Scene
    Eternal Court will begin anew as soon as the Feb 13 Court ends...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

C
    Conner Greyson

"Your Forgiveness is appreciated Priscus Von Schusten. I am a quick learner. Especially from my mistakes." Conner says. "I believe the court is closing for the day."

Martha Villiers

PRE

After the recent frustration with her assignments from the newspaper, Ariana decided she would pay a visit to the Keeper. Perhaps she would have some knowledge of events or excitement around the town. Ariana had managed to figure out some things as she had been wandering around the Elysium. In New York, she had higher calibre assignments, people of interest and loved her work. So far the city of Sacramento had a lot to offer, the Sacramento Bee did not. Ariana was not about sit on the back burner, she needed some advice.

Hoping for some insight, Ariana made her way to the Keeper’s office and knocked on the door.

Hearing the knock on the door, Martha calls out, happily and brightly, "Enter!" her accent is very English, jolly and refined.

Ariana opens the door,"Hello. Are you Keeper Villiers?" She had heard a slight lilt through the door of an English accent. Something she had missed from long ago.

Martha is sat behind her cheap office supplies surplus desk, dressed in her usual neat school uniform, her straw boater perched at the back of her head her blazer on too, she must have been working away at some study in her office. No doubt going over some extensive notes she's taking from several academic journals and packing their pages with slips of paper for bookmarks and notes as she works. She's smiling and seemingly enjoying herself. The Keeper has arranged her small office in a sort of Spartan style. A desk...a four draw filing cabinet...a print of John Waterhouse's 'The Lady of Shalot' hangs upon a wall. A telephone on her desk and a cheap laptop. There is a bookshelf against another wall, standing from floor to half the height of the wall.

Only a dozen or so books are arranged on its shelves and look, to judge by the spines at first glance, to be works of non fiction. A hat stand is close by the door and is put to use by holding two raincoats an umbrella and a walking cane...with space for more items upon it. The desk is piled high with notepads, typical of the sort used by college students for taking lecture notes. they all seem well used and many strips of paper are marking pages of interest. There is a sofa against another wall and several sturdy, if equally Spartan, chairs near the desk. Martha looks up from her work and, seeing Ariana, smiling still, happily chirps: "Enter, please! Good evening! A delight to see you, miss! A delight!" her accent English and refined, she seems sincere in this. Martha's Beast is somehow invisible from detection by Ariana's own Beast. Martha rises carefully from her chair, staying behind the desk, she makes a happy hand gesture, indicating Ariana may sit herself where she wishes.

Ariana enters the office in one of her black skirt suits. Her copper hair was down and soft curls framed her face. Upon entering she felt the animal stir a bit but she kept it quenched behind her charismatic smile. She glanced quickly around the room noticing how meticulous the items were in place. “Good evening Keeper Villiers. My name is Madame Ariana Donovan. Are you free at the moment?” Her voice was pleasant and calm as she looked to Martha’s pleasantly jubilant demeanour.

Martha smiles and listens, standing, she hobbles from behind the desk to perch against the edge of her desk. All wide eyed and seeming happy, she sneaks a swift glance to Ariana's copper hair, her legs and shoes before resting, her hands gripping the edge of the desk, "I am free, yes, Madame Donovan! I take it you are Invictus?" she asks in a jolly manner. "How can I help you, Madame Donovan?"

She was pleasantly surprised at how quickly Martha picked up on that slight tidbit of information. “Yes Keeper Villiers, I am Invictus most recently.” Ariana made her way into the office a little further still standing a respected distance from Martha. “It is beautiful to hear an English accent again.” The warm feeling of past memories flowed through her words.

Martha chuckles at that, smiles brightly "Goodness! It is a double joy then to meet you, Madame! You have travelled to England recently?" she asks, all happy. Hands stay on the desk, eyes cheerfully meeting Ariana's eyes.

“No, I have never been to England myself. My paternal grandparents were from Kensington. They never lost their accents and my father somehow managed to continue with it surprisingly.” Ariana was a little more relaxed now than usual. A little common ground with someone never hurt. “Where are you from originally?”

Martha clearly mulled over the information about Kensington, smiles as she spends a few seconds thinking about that, nodding she replies cheerfully; "Oh, I am from Kent, ma'am...at least that was where father had one his estates...Kensington, eh?" she chuckles happily, "A fine part of London! Always associated with the fantastical! Peter Pan and what not!" another chuckle.

Ariana mutually chuckled with Martha.“Oh yes, I have heard some stories about the fantastical.” Ariana’s smile was warm with memories. She thought she should not prod too much into Martha’s past, it was not an interview. Ariana changed the subject a bit. “Keeper Villiers, I am in need of some direction and I was wondering if you could possibly help.”

Martha nods happily, clearly relishing the easy chatter and the sudden opportunity to be of help, she sincerely offers; "But, of course! How can I be of assistance, ma'am?"

“I am relatively new to Sacramento and I am a journalist for the Sacramento Bee. Some of my recent assignments have been rather, well, not my particular fancy.” The irritation Ariana felt with the Bee was left out of her voice. “I was told by my editor that unless I had stumbled upon unassigned events of interest, or had invitations that I would be starting at the bottom.” Her hands had certain fluidity about them as she spoke to Martha. “Perhaps you had some knowledge of interesting places I could take in? Maybe there are some holdings within our society that may need some good press for extra business.”

Listening carefully, she watched Ariana talk...sneaking another look at Ariana's shoes and her busy hands...she falls quiet, trying to unravel the impact of Ariana's plight. After giving the matter thought, she nods, saying; "I see...you need...in essence: news. But society events? Social reporting, then, Madame Donovan...is that your forte? Or simply that which your editor demands of you?"

"Yes that is one way of putting it."
    She smiles a bit and quickly fills in the pieces. "I am the night life reporter. Clubs, hip scenes, bands, entertainment and whatever may be out there in a social market. Generally, my market, so to speak, is a wide variety. What I am looking for is a bit of insight on where to go, or what to check out. Even if it is a popular club that Daeva, Ventrue and Mehket may frequent, I may be assigned to report such things. Although, I do protect the Masquerade at all times." Ariana hoped her description would help Martha's sapience for her questions.

Martha was an attentive audience...listening carefully and happily to Ariana. "I see! Goodness me! Well...there are several nightclubs of interest...the Lily...that is very elite! The very wealthiest meet there in discreet surroundings! The social scene..." she trails off to ponder this before speaking again, with energy, "Well...nothing captures the public imagination more than war, scandal or the peril of someone...or the story of someone overcoming grave peril! What if you and I were to seek out some tale to tell? There must be some local college band that deserve a champion!" she too has busy and active hands that happily punctuate her words with light gestures. "What if we can find a group of musicians whom you feel deserve some publicity? YouTube, I notice, ma'am, must have some local band...eager for publicity, yet lost in the clutter and noise of the Web! All they need is a few well chosen words and articles to accelerate sympathy for them! Perhaps the local college bulletin boards may help with that?”

She rubs nervously at her lame knee, as if watching Ariana for signs that she is unwelcome, perhaps, in maybe seeming to teach Ariana her job. "What if we can work together on this project? Champion some cause that is starved of publicity?"

Marvellous, a good stepping stone thought Ariana. "Yes, by all means that would be fantastic. Galas, art, theatre, ballet and that sort of thing are actually my forte. Something sharp in need of publicity would be splendid as well." Ariana noticed Martha rubbing her leg suddenly."Keeper Villiers, are you ok? Please by all means do not keep standing on my account." Her caring and concerned voice was also a hope that Martha would relax a bit.

Martha stopped rubbing her stiff knee as she noticed Ariana notice it, she tries a weak smile. "Goodness! You are kind!" she seemed pleased by this discovery, "No...no thank you...I shall be better standing for the moment, thank you!" she chuckles without much mirth before taking up one of Ariana's earlier comments; "There is also the Gypsies Club...I hear very positive reports about that location too...though, I share your interest in the arts, theatre and ballet! I should be very glad of the opportunity to explore the city with you...perhaps, working as a team, we may cover more ground...discover more tales to tell!" she giggles happily at the thought of this adventure she's dreaming up. Her hand rubs again at her knee in an almost automatic action. Wide eyed, she looks merrily to Ariana.

Ariana's mind was soaking in the ideas and possibilities."I did read on our story boards at the Bee that no one was covering the Russian National Ballet's "Giselle" - it will be at the Gallo Centre for the Arts very soon. Perhaps we should attend!" She said with enthusiasm. "Hopefully my editor, Mr. Brandt, will approve." She leans in slightly in a 'girl talk' slight whisper to Martha,"Between you and I, Mr. Brandt has not been happy with the lack of initiative from some of the Theatre & Art's columnists as of late." She gave a slight giggle.

Martha very happily indulges in Ariana's whispered chatter, leaning close to join in and giggle too, seemingly very eager. "I say! Well...we must ensure that you do some splendid and innovative reporting! Giselle sounds ideal! I wonder what matter of human interest one may learn from talking backstage? There must be some personal triumph to report upon! Some happy news to relay! Or better for circulation: scandal!" a giggle too "What interests does Mr Brandt have? What would capture his own imagination, do you feel?" she asks, still merrily in quiet conference, though rubbing hard at her lame leg as she talks.

"What I believe humans always wonder about is how the actors, or in this case dancers, feel about what they are portraying. How they connect or feel during those defining moments. It seems that no one ever asks those questions in addition to reflecting on the performance. If Mr. Brandt allows me to review and report on the ballet, he should be able to make arrangements for a meeting with some of the performers." She saw the captivating look on Martha's face. "You would be attending as my guest, so you would meet them as well." She paused for a moment. "Would you enjoy that?" Ariana had always attended functions alone, this would be a wonderful change for her.

Martha nods excitedly, "I should very much enjoy it! Goodness! Yes! Such an exciting opportunity, thank you! How can I contribute to your work, ma'am? I should wish only to be an aid to you for the evening!" Martha rubs at her leg again, greatly excited by this turn of events.

Ariana was rather taken aback from Martha's helpfulness. She smiled sweetly. "Oh think nothing of it. You will be my guest. If I happen to think of something before the show, I will certainly let you know." She mental noted out loud."I will call my editor shortly. Do you have a number where I can reach you, or perhaps you prefer another method of communication?"

Martha nods and, making use of some of the notepaper to hand, writes, in very neat writing indeed, her cell phone number...offering it happily to Ariana! "Thank you! Goodness! I shall be at your disposal for the evening!" another happy smile.

Ariana tucks the paper into her purse. "Wonderful! I shall not take any more of your time this evening. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it immensely. If there is anything you need from me, please feel free to call." She had slipped her business card out of her purse, as she had placed the slip of paper inside.

Martha nods excitedly, accepting the business card and studying it for a moment before stealing another glance at Ariana's shoes, nodding again; "Oh my! Thank you! I shall look forward to our next meeting! Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you feel I may help with!"

Ariana made a mental note of Martha's glances to her shoes. Ariana gave a slight thankful bow of her head and turned to walk to the door. As she opened it she turned to Martha and quickly."Thank you again, I will see you soon!" Her last smile came with an accidental wink, which slipped out when she was happy.

A happy smile and a curtsy is offered as she stood from her resting against the desk. Totally delighted, it seems, to have met Ariana.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Page 40 of 40 First ... 30 36 37 38 39 40
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.